R.I.P Jim Johnson

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
    Not that it's a surprise, but it kinda makes me sick how much NFL Network and ESPN are covering the Brett Favre situation compared to JJ's death. They were having phone calls with Vikings players asking them about not getting Brett Favre but they don't have any phone calls with anybody or even a decent segment to honor Jim Johnson.
    Its kind of expected, but they did have a call with one fo the radio guys about it on ESPNews last night that I saw, but that really is it...
    Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
      One of the most brilliant defensive minds the game has ever seen. RIP.

The NFL is not better without him.

Coordinators seriously need to get HOF consideration.
      Quoted for truth. I would say that Johnson had more respect from me than any other DC and many head coaches.

RIP buddy RIP
      Stafford Sig by touchdownrams the rest of the sig by Sig Master Bone Krusher Avy by King of all avys renji

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Originally posted by njx9
      oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.

Comment

Originally posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
        Not that it's a surprise, but it kinda makes me sick how much NFL Network and ESPN are covering the Brett Favre situation compared to JJ's death. They were having phone calls with Vikings players asking them about not getting Brett Favre but they don't have any phone calls with anybody or even a decent segment to honor Jim Johnson.
        You're not the first one to talk about that. Someone on our giants MB, BBI, had a thread started with the same topic. You would assume the BF lovefest would be done since he retired already, but Jim J is a legend! They should cover him!

Comment

As a skins fan I have so much respect for this guy, I've always thought he was the best DC in the NFL. One of the all time great defensive coaches if you ask me.

RIP

Comment

I absolutely hated playing against him but that was because he was one of the best at his job. RIP, Jim Johnson.

Comment

I like most Skins fans hated facing this guy twice a year because he was so darn good. Putting all emnity aside today we sit with you in sorrow at the passing of a truly great coach.

My condolences to his family. RIP Jim Johnson you will be sorely missed.

Comment

http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com...m_Johnson.html
                Decent tribute to Johnson. He did lead a great defense for a long time and has a good list of proteges.

Comment

Some nice youtube tributes, brought tears to my eyes. (First one is from philadelplhiaeagles.com and is narrated by eagles play by play guy Merrill Reese and the second is the same vid but with music playing)

Last edited by Go_Eagles77; 07-29-2009, 09:12 PM.

Comment

As a fan of football it's sad to see JJ's passing. I was always jealous of the Eagles defensive play..he was one of the best defensive minds probably ever. I hope Spags brings what his mentor taught him to the Rams. RIP Jimmy, you fought the good fight!

Comment

Working...
                    X

Debug Information