Michael Vick signs with the Philadelphia Eagles

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michael Vick signs with the Philadelphia Eagles

Here are updates from what teams in the league are saying or doing regarding Michael Vick.

NFC North

Minnesota Vikings
    - Owner Zygi Wilf denies rumors that the Vikings are interested in signing him. LINK

-Team doesn't have interest in Vick. LINK

Green Bay Packers

Chicago Bears
    - Team does not have interest in signing Vick. LINK

Detroit Lions
    - Coach Jim Schwartz says the Lions have no interest whatsoever in signing Vick. LINK

---------------------------------------------------

NFC East
    New York Giants
    - Team stated they're not interested in Michael Vick. LINK

Philadelphia Eagles

Dallas Cowboys
    - Jerry Jones: "We're not interested in Vick." LINK

Washington Redskins
    - Coach Jim Zorn said that the Redskins "won't sign Vick at this juncture." LINK

UPDATE on July 30 at 10:37:

-According to a news site some coaches from the Redskins organization, disregarding Head Coach Jim Zorn's statement that the Redskins don't want Vick, say that they do want to sign Vick and believe he'd be a valuable asset to the team. LINK

NFC South
    New Orleans Saints
    - GM Mickey Loomis insists that the team has no plans to sign Vick. LINK

Atlanta Falcons

Carolina Panthers

Tampa Bay Buccaneers

NFC West
    Arizona Cardinals

San Francisco 49ers
    - Coach Mike Singletary said "It's not happening." LINK

St. Louis Rams
    - Team denies rumors about them interested in Vick. LINK

Seattle Seahawks
    - The team is still not interested in signing Michael Vick. LINK

AFC North
    Pittsburgh Steelers

UPDATE on July 31 at 5:46 PM

- Coach Mike Tomlin said that Michael Vick was not in Pittsburgh today and that they have not signed him. He neglected to speak about the team's situation with him, saying that he wasn't going to discuss potential free agents. LINK

UPDATE on August 1 at 9:22 AM

- Coach Mike Tomlin said this after being asked about the Michael Vick situation: "I'll say this, we'll be prudent and do our due diligence as far as exploring people that could potentially help us win, guys who can throw, run, catch, block, tackle on a professional level." LINK

UPDATE on August 2 at 2:52

- There's a rumor going around that Vick was spotted at Pittsburgh's Training Camp during yesterday's (Saturday) second practice, in the afternoon. He didn't practice, but was on the sidelines for a little while and then went back into a building. Though Tomlin has stated that Vick has not been at Pittsburgh's training camp, this source claims that it would be smart to say that if Vick was really there; it would keep the media at bay and provide very little distraction regarding the issue. LINK

- Ed Bouchette, a writer for the Pittsburgh Post-Gazzette, states that he believes the team does not want to and will not sign Michael Vick. He says that Dennis Dixon is already a very similar type of player, and that Pittsburgh won't want the extra media attention that would come from signing Vick. He also said that Vick is not a "Steeler-type player." LINK

Baltimore Ravens
    - One of the few, if not the only team, that has expressed interest in Vick. They have remained somewhat distant from him, but have acknowledged to talk about him as a possible signing for their team. LINK

Cleveland Browns

UPDATE on August 1 at 10:15

- Eric Mangini has said that the Browns have no interest whatsoever in signing Michael Vick, stating that he's content with both Brady Quinn and Derek Anderson as their options at QB. LINK

Cincinnati Bengals
    - Owner Mike Brown said that Vick would not be a good fit with the team, and wouldn't make an offer to him. LINK

AFC East
    New England Patriots
    - Coach Bill Belichick says hints that they're not opposed to signing him, but have not really considered the situation. LINK

UPDATE on July 31 at 11:48

- Bill Belichick says that they team has not ruled out signing Michael Vick, and says they'd consider him. LINK

UPDATE on July 31 at 5:34

- Patriots confirm that Michael Vick DID NOT train at their facility today. LINK

UPDATE on August 1 at 3:10

- Patriots owner Robert Kraft said in a Sirius Radio Interview that he's not interested in Michael Vick. He said that Bill Belichick felt comfortable with Kevin O'Connell as Brady's backup, and that Vick doesn't fit his marketing plans. LINK

Buffalo Bills

New York Jets
    - Team stated they're not interested in Michael Vick. LINK

Miami Dolphins

- GM Jeff Ireland stated that the Dolphins have no interest in Vick, and are happy with the guys they already have. LINK

AFC South
    Indianapolis Colts

Jacksonville Jaguars

- Contrary to rumors, the Jaguars say that Vick's name has not even come up in team meetings. LINK

Tennessee Titans
    - Team says that they have no interest in looking into signing Michael Vick. LINK

Houston Texans

AFC West
    San Diego Chargers

Denver Broncos
    - Team is 'content' with the guys they already have, and McDaniels said that Denver is not inclined to allow Vick to revive his career in Denver. LINK

Oakland Raiders
    - Coach Tom Cable said that, personally, he would like to sign him because he knows him, but Cable doesn't really know what Vick would bring to the team. So far, there are no plans to sign him. LINK

Kansas City Chiefs
    Last edited by Mr. Goosemahn; 08-02-2009, 02:57 PM.

Props to clover_jeez!

I don't have a link, but I can tell you there is no ******* way the Packers sign Vick.

Comment

Also, do remember that just because a team says they have no interest doesn't mean they don't. Look at everything that happens pre-draft with teams denying this, that and the other thing all the time.

Comment

i can pretty much assure you he doesn't end up as a falcon.
        http://i38.tinypic.com/2aj2s7t.jpg
        For a good time call (303) 499-7111.whitspacsig by steel man

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"

Comment

He just seems like someone that the Cowboys or Redskins would go after.

Comment

Want it to be Seattle but I think it'll be New England.
            "I'm Ko Simpson!"

- Ko Simpson

Comment

An interesting destination for him IMO would be the Panthers.
              Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
              RIP themaninblack

Comment

I think he would be an interesting fit on the Texans...not as a starter obviously. He would add a new dimension to an already dangerous team.

Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
                Originally posted by BaLLiN72
                i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
                Originally posted by Job
                NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.

Comment

I wish the Cowboys would sign him.

BoneKrusher

Comment

anywhere but KC

Comment

I am betting on the Pats......and watch it work brilliantly because the Pats are ultra ***.
                      When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

Comment

I'll still ride the Jags or Ravens wagon.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

I would like to see him go to the Bills. That offense would be crazy.

On Andrew Luck
                          Originally posted by killxswitch
                          People are expecting him to be some sort of alien defense-destroying robot QB and it's just not realistic.

Comment

Patriots are the front runners I think. Followed by the Panthers, Broncos, and Texans, maybe.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                            WHO DAT!

Comment

Why are we not going after going him? Are we seriously afraid of PETA?

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information