Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NFL Network's Top Ten Snakebitten franchises of all time.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • NFL Network's Top Ten Snakebitten franchises of all time.

    10. Buffalo Bills
    9. Kansas City Chiefs
    8. New York Jets
    7. Detroit Lions
    6. New Orleans Saints
    5. Houston Oilers/Tennessee Titans
    4. Philadelphia Eagles
    3. Cincinnati Bengals
    2. Minnesota Vikings
    1. Cleveland Browns

    I really don't see how you can have a list like this and NOT have the Arizona Cardinals and Atlanta Falcons on there. Then again there are a few teams on here that have had a lot of successful seasons, but kept getting screwed whenever they got close...which is arguably just as bad as consistent losing seasons...I guess.

    "Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
    -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
    Originally posted by Borat
    Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

  • #2
    Originally posted by Ness View Post
    10. Buffalo Bills
    9. Kansas City Chiefs
    8. New York Jets
    7. Detroit Lions
    6. New Orleans Saints
    5. Houston Oilers/Tennessee Titans
    4. Philadelphia Eagles
    3. Cincinnati Bengals
    2. Minnesota Vikings
    1. Cleveland Browns

    I really don't see how you can have a list like this and NOT have the Arizona Cardinals and Atlanta Falcons on there. Then again there are a few teams on here that have had a lot of successful seasons, but kept getting screwed whenever they got close...which is arguably just as bad as consistent losing seasons...I guess.
    The Vikings are the face of a get your hopes up and then crash and burn franchise
    "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by djp View Post
      The Vikings are the face of a get your hopes up and then crash and burn franchise
      True. I think I'd still rather get close though. At least there would be some things relatively interesting to talk about in past seasons...instead of practically nothing like in Arizona or Cleveland.

      "Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
      -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
      Originally posted by Borat
      Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

      Comment


      • #4
        At least Cleveland is the best at something. Makes me proud to wear that new Browns hat I just bought today.

        Let's get some activity going in the Cleveland sub-forum!

        Comment


        • #5
          Hasn't it been like 30 some odd years since the Detroit Lions won a playoff game? How are they not higher on the list?

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by MetSox17 View Post
            Hasn't it been like 30 some odd years since the Detroit Lions won a playoff game? How are they not higher on the list?
            They won one against the Cowboys in 92.


            RIP TheManInBlack

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
              They won one against the Cowboys in 92.
              Oh, my bad, they won one game in 91. That's the only one they've won in the past 50 years.

              Comment


              • #8
                KC should be higher.If we had any offense whatsoever in the early-mid 90's with the defense we had we could have had another SB or 2

                Comment


                • #9
                  It is an interesting argument. I still think I would rather come close even being a Bills fan. It really, really hurts losing when you get so close, but then again, going into every year knowing you are going to be horrible is terrible. At least you can get some excitement going when you have a good team.
                  When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    New Orleans should be higher, I think, as well. I guess that period of having a great defense during the Dome Patrol where we won zero playoffs game really set us back as far as our suckitude (yes, I just made up that word).

                    Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

                    Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                    WHO DAT!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Why are the Titans/Oilers so high? I understand we don't have a superbowl, but number 5 all-time?
                      Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
                      RIP themaninblack

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Well the Browns were the "New York Yankees of the Pro Football" back in the day, went to 10 championship games in a row AAFC and NFL....now we're the doormat. I guess that wasn't a hard choice for NFLNetwork to make for #1. I kinda expect Buffalo to be higher though with their 4 straight super bowl losses.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
                          Why are the Titans/Oilers so high? I understand we don't have a superbowl, but number 5 all-time?
                          They should be number 10 or not on the list. Atlanta and Arizona have been way more disappointing than Houston/Tennessee.

                          "Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
                          -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
                          Originally posted by Borat
                          Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            In 43 Falcon seasons, I believe there have been 10 winning seasons and 0 back to back winning seasons.

                            The other franchises are pretty cursed as well though.

                            "He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              It has to be the Bengals honestly. We have taken one of the best franchises in league history down to the very definition of the wire TWICE. Not only that, but our first playoff appearance in 17 years was cut short on the very first throw by Carson Palmer which was a 60+ yard complete pass to Chris Henry.

                              Not only that really, couple that with Kenyon Martin being put out of the NCAA playoffs in basketball which ruined our chance at a title run. I would say we've been screwed hardcore in our last few championship-type appearances. IDK what we did but we have been screwed hardcore.

                              ^A Bonekrusher production^
                              #15
                              Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              Debug Information