Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Former 1st rounder Jarvis Moss retiring?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Former 1st rounder Jarvis Moss retiring?

Broncos OLB/DE Jarvis Moss has left training camp and is reportedly considering retirement. KDVR-TV in Denver is reporting that Moss doesn't know if he wants to play football anymore. Coach Josh McDaniels confirmed that Moss has left Broncos training camp for "a very personal reason." He offered no timetable for Moss to return to the team.

http://www.kdvr.com/news/kdvr-jarvis...0,441287.story
    Ouch! Couldn't trade him for a 7th round pick and now he might just retire.

Shanahan really knew how to pick those defensive studs.

Comment

Originally posted by Basileus777 View Post
      Shanahan really knew how to pick those defensive studs.
      I find it funny that the Bronco's were going to draft Justin Harrell if he was available. They were destined to draft a bust.

Comment

PFT says it's because he doesn't like his role in the new 3-4 defense there. I'd send some scrub from the Bears for him...if he proves worthless, cut him. He apparently had 1st round potential at one point. What would be the harm?

Comment

I thought he would actually be better off in a 3-4 than a 4-3 and might have had a semi-breakout season this year.

Comment

I hope it's just football related. You don't normally see guys wanting to retire this soon because they're unhappy with their role on the team.. Especially someone who was just a First Rounder a couple years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
              I thought he would actually be better off in a 3-4 than a 4-3 and might have had a semi-breakout season this year.
              I thought something similar as well. I honestly thought they'd be better off not drafting a 3-4 OLB early and instead give Moss and Dumervil a year to see what they can do there.

Apparently, Moss isn't doing so hot and is buried on the depth chart....not good.

Comment

What a fun offseason for Denver.

Comment

Robert Ayers will help ease the Broncos fans tensions.
                  Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
                  RIP themaninblack

Comment

Originally posted by Paul View Post
                    What a fun offseason for Denver.
                    you couldnt make this stuff up.

Comment

With Jarvis Moss & Derrick Harvey totally sucking, could it affect Carlos Dunlap draft stock ? Dont automatically think that their situation can't affect Dunlap's stock. Joe Thomas having dominant rookie season helped Jake Long go # 1. Devin Hester's success helped Ginn go 9th. But when Ginn sucked it hurt DeSean Jackson stock dropping him to the 2nd round.

Comment

Originally posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
                        Robert Ayers will help ease the Broncos fans tensions.
                        Except he's not good.

Comment

Originally posted by Sniper View Post
                          Except he's not good.
                          Definitely disagree. He will be a beast at the next level.
                          Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
                          RIP themaninblack

Comment

This is very odd. Jarvis, if anything, ride out your five years, collect your paychecks then retire.

Originally posted by GhostDeni
                            With Jarvis Moss & Derrick Harvey totally sucking, could it affect Carlos Dunlap draft stock ?
                            Derrick Harvey was one of the better rookie DE's despite missing a large portion of training camp. He'll be a solid player for the Jags this year.
                            Last edited by TACKLE; 08-01-2009, 09:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
                              Definitely disagree. He will be a beast at the next level.
                              We'll see. One of the most overrated draft prospects in recent history.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information