Training Camp Injuries and Holdouts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Thumper View Post
    Kemo is HUGE part of that defense literally (6'5" and 'listed' at 350 lbs.) and figuratively. Look what happened when he wasn't there, the Panthers defense got trampled by the Giants running game. And Beason? He is the leader of that defense and like I said earlier those injuries (hamstring) tend to linger a while.
    Yeah, the injuries at DT are what caused a bit of a defensive slide later in the year. If they lose Kemo for an extended period with the early part of the schedule the season will suffer massively.

Beason should be fine, it was just a tweak and he could've practiced in the afternoon but was kept out as a precaution, sounds a lot less serious than earlier advertised.

Comment

Bryant Johnson injured in a golf cart accident. Only the Lions.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shu...urn=nfl,180339

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
      they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
      Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

Originally posted by BlindSite View Post
        Yeah, the injuries at DT are what caused a bit of a defensive slide later in the year. If they lose Kemo for an extended period with the early part of the schedule the season will suffer massively.

Beason should be fine, it was just a tweak and he could've practiced in the afternoon but was kept out as a precaution, sounds a lot less serious than earlier advertised.
        ESPN.com is reporting that Maake Kemoeatu is out for the season with a torn right Achillies' tendon.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
        WHO DAT!

Comment

Originally posted by TitleTown088 View Post
          Bryant Johnson injured in a golf cart accident. Only the Lions.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shu...urn=nfl,180339
          At least it wasn't their franchise player tearing his ACL in a golf cart accident. I can't imagine how much press that would've gotten if it were an NFL player and not just a lowly American hero-to-be.

Comment

Originally posted by diabsoule View Post
            ESPN.com is reporting that Maake Kemoeatu is out for the season with a torn right Achillies' tendon.
            That is a TOUGH break. Sucks to see players go this early, but you move on with what you have...

But man are the Panthers in trouble, look at the tackles on the roster:Marlon Favorite
            Nick Hayden
            Lonnie Harvey
            Corey Irvin
            Maake Kemoeatu
            Damione Lewis
            Lorenzo Williams

Given that Favorite, Harvey, Irvin, and Williams have no career stats, and Hayden has two games played (one start) in his career I'd say they're in trouble.

Kemo was huge to that defense, he kept players off of Beason and he took up two blockers freeing up Peppers and Johnson, not to mention when he was in he stuffed the run with the best of them.

Comment

I don't think there are many other players on that roster that would hurt them as much to be without as Kemoeatu.....bigtime ouch. Hurts even more with the baaad lack of depth they have....

Comment

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...rk-out-a-deal/

J-Mac has ended his holdout.

Comment

Robert Ayers signed a five year deal, no news on Knowshon.

Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
                  Originally posted by BaLLiN72
                  i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
                  Originally posted by Job
                  NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.

Comment

Bengals starting TE Reggie Kelly will miss every bit of six months with a ruptured Achilles' tendon.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                    WHO DAT!

Comment

Originally posted by Sniper View Post
                      Nice to see that the first rounders are starting to get into camp

Comment

Originally posted by Thumper View Post
                        But man are the Panthers in trouble, look at the tackles on the roster:Marlon Favorite
                        Nick Hayden
                        Lonnie Harvey
                        Corey Irvin
                        Maake Kemoeatu
                        Damione Lewis
                        Lorenzo Williams
                        I hate to see guys hurt, but since we have their 1st rounder, I love it.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Brent View Post
                          If only this happened last year...

Comment

Originally posted by Brent View Post
                            Had a promising rookie back up interior lineman go down as well as stewart having some niggles.

I smell 2004 all over again.

Comment

I think I figured it out, Ron Meeks is a DT jinx.
                              Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

Hopefully someone serviceable gets cut or demands a trade.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information