Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TitleTown088 View Post
    You assumed correct.
    I figured either it wasn't serious, or there wasn't word of it, because if it was known to be serious, or even something that'd keep him out for more than a day or two, it would already be up here...lol
    Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack

Comment

Ma'ake is definitely out for the year, might almost be a full 12 month break. He's already 30, gotta make you wonder just how good a 31 yr old DE coming off a torn achillies will be in the future.

Thomas Davis dinged up his leg today as well.

Stewart is still practising once per day for his achillies, no word on how serious, but apparently he was hurting all last season and still chipped in for 800+ and 10Tds.

Comment

Greg Ellis made the pro bowl after tearing his achilles and he was older. :) There is hope.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
        http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
        KO KNOWS

Comment

Douglas is officially done. Torn ACL. Ouch....I didn't like the Falcons chances of repeating to begin with this year but this doesn't help...he was developing into a nice #2/3 type option for them.

Comment

http://twitter.com/Adam_Schefter
            Ravens receiver Mark Clayton out 4-6 weeks with hamstring injury. Good thing Mason is back or they'd really be screwed.

-------
            10 49ers players are banged up but Singletary will not let up. Most injuries are minor tweaks but Singletary has the pedal to the metal and is not letting up. If he gets to stay long enough in San Francisco we could be looking at a tough team in about 2 years, with Singletary as the coach they will be one of the toughest and meanest in the NFL, and they already have P-Willy and Takeo Spikes.

-------
            Glen Dorsey missed 10 practices before he could pass a conditioning test. Not good. Especially considering he is in a new scheme.
            http://www.rotoworld.com/content/pla...rt=NFL&id=4661

Comment

We need a rookie cap because this is getting ridiculous...

Per a league source, agent Eugene Parker is telling the 49ers that Crabtree will sit out the season re-enter the draft in 2010, unless the team gives Crabtree what he wants.

Of course, what Crabtree specifically wants isn't known, since Parker (as multiple sources tell us) still hasn't made a proposal.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...e-enter-draft/

Comment

Originally posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
                We need a rookie cap because this is getting ridiculous...

Per a league source, agent Eugene Parker is telling the 49ers that Crabtree will sit out the season re-enter the draft in 2010, unless the team gives Crabtree what he wants.

Of course, what Crabtree specifically wants isn't known, since Parker (as multiple sources tell us) still hasn't made a proposal.

beat me to it :)

But I definitely agree with you. All these holdouts are crazy, these players have never played a single down in the NFL and should be out in TC proving themselves and getting better. I'm definitely on board for a rookie salary cap, hopefully Goodell and Co. agrees.

Comment

I have to think the agent Parker is to blame in this. If it's actually Crabtree behind it all, then the kid's character is an even worse issue than I thought.

But I have absolutely zero sympathy for the 49ers. They were smart enough to draft this kid with the 10th overall pick, they deserve to reap what they sow. Singletary took his Texas boy and McCloughlan is the GM.

The actual bad thing is that this is ******* up the other teams around this pick trying to sign their own draft picks. Well, that and some of those teams being cheap (one definitely is).
                  Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
                    Douglas is officially done. Torn ACL. Ouch....I didn't like the Falcons chances of repeating to begin with this year but this doesn't help...he was developing into a nice #2/3 type option for them.
                    Well hey, at least they gave away Laurent Robinson for virtually nothing. Wonder if that makes it sting even worse.

They didn't even get a player for him, the moved up way late in the draft which never made sense to me, you could of got the players you picked at the original picks you had anyway, you don't know how the draft will turn out especially that early. Robinson was young and talented to, on a rookie salary, never saw the need to rush and trade him for scraps unless you were getting another talented player in return.

Sucks for Douglas, the guy had talent, but injuries like this early in careers can stunt growth for a young WR.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                    I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

There is a rookie cap, if you don't want to give a rookie a bunch of money, don't do it.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by Geo View Post
                        But I have absolutely zero sympathy for the 49ers. They were smart enough to draft this kid with the 10th overall pick, they deserve to reap what they sow. Singletary took his Texas boy and McCloughlan is the GM.
                        Sorry Geo, but that comment is ********. Asking for No. 3 money wasn't even an issue during the draft. How can you fault the Niners for that? Were they supposed to assume that Crabtree would demand top 3 money when they drafted him?
                        The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

Comment

I have to think the agent Parker is to blame in this. If it's actually Crabtree behind it all, then the kid's character is an even worse issue than I thought.

The actual bad thing is that this is ******* up the other teams around this pick trying to sign their own draft picks. Well, that and some of those teams being cheap (one definitely is).
                          Reap what they sow? That makes absolutely no sense to me. What did they do wrong here again?

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                          I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Yeah, because every one knew he would demand that much money, right? Just like they all thought he would fall to #10? Give me a ******* break.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                              Reap what they sow? That makes absolutely no sense to me. What did they do wrong here again?
                              Obviously, the Niners are at fault for not using their crystal ball. That's a pretty big mistake.
                              The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

Comment

Getting Crabtee signed to a rookie contract won't be the last stumbling block with Crabtree and the 49ers imo. Definitely not.

We'll see.
                                Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information