Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ELI...highest paid?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Eli might not be a top 10 QB, but you know he's good enough to:

    Lead an offense
    Protect the ball when need be
    win the in the playoffs
    lead comebacks in the fourth quarter
    score with his arm
    win superbowls

    After the issues franchises like Tampa, New York Jets, Buffalo, Denver (post elway), Washington, jacksonville, Houston, Baltimore (pre flacco), Cleveland, Miami (pre Pennington), Detroit, Arizona (pre Warner who's not a long term option), Chicago (pre Cutler), 49ers

    Have had in recent times finding QBs who can run and offense, let alone make their team competitive it's not hard to understand a team wanting to lock up a guy who can do the above long term.

    Realistically long term (next 5 seasons) the only teams in the NFL set at QB (as it appears RIGHT NOW) are:

    New York Giants
    Pittsburgh Steelers
    Atlanta Falcons
    Baltimore Ravens
    San Diego Chargers
    Chicago Bears
    Green bay Packers
    Dallas Cowboys (depending on your level of hard on for Romo)

    If McNabb, Brees, Brady, Manning (p), have more years in their legs (5) then count those franchises too.

    But for now, the teams in the NFL with their future secure at the QB position (that is, franchises with youthful QBs who can do the above), aren't exactly in abundance and with the way the finance of the NFL is going Eli's deal will be a top tier, but still relatively middle of the road deal by then.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by MetSox17 View Post
      0/5, Actually.


      Okay, it looks like you MIGHT be starting to make sense...



      Then you go and contradict yourself. How can anyone take you seriously when you don't even make sense?
      quoting out of context is awesome. I obviously stated if he hit the market and 2-3 teams got in a bidding war, then he would've gotten that much money. reading comprehension is fun!
      We ALL bleed scarlet
      New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
      UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
      Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
      BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by scottyboy View Post
        quoting out of context is awesome. I obviously stated if he hit the market and 2-3 teams got in a bidding war, then he would've gotten that much money. reading comprehension is fun!
        You said if he hit the open market he "maybe/probably" doesn't get that much. Then you started talking about the bidding war. Or do bidding wars NOT happen in the open market? Hmm.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by MetSox17 View Post
          0/5, Actually.


          Okay, it looks like you MIGHT be starting to make sense...



          Then you go and contradict yourself. How can anyone take you seriously when you don't even make sense?
          You just love my attention don't you?

          This is how I know its football season. MetSox is already on my nutsack.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
            You just love my attention don't you?

            This is how I know its football season. MetSox is already on my nutsack.
            Lol, i don't love your attention, and i sure as hell am not on your nutsack, i just want a response for my counter-argument, or for you to admit that you're making ridiculous statements in hopes that we just let them slip by.

            And don't feel too special, i'm this adamant about my opinions with everyone, not just you. Just ask scottykid, Mr. Stiller, Number 10, Sniper...

            Comment


            • Originally posted by BlindSite View Post
              Lead an offense
              In the sense that he's a quarterback on a good offense, sure.

              Protect the ball when need be
              Not really. Eli has lots a lot of games for the Giants.
              win the in the playoffs
              In 2008 yes. The other three years he's 0-3
              lead comebacks in the fourth quarter
              I'll give you this.
              score with his arm
              This sounds like something Sean Salisbury would say. You're on slippery ground.
              win superbowls
              Superbowl. Something other illustrious quarterbacks like Trent Dilfer, Brad Johnson and Mark Rypien have done.
              I don't disagree with the rest. Like I said, the Giants feel like they need him so this is what they do to keep him. But Eli is nothing special.


              Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by MetSox17 View Post
                Lol, i don't love your attention, and i sure as hell am not on your nutsack, i just want a response for my counter-argument, or for you to admit that you're making ridiculous statements in hopes that we just let them slip by.

                And don't feel too special, i'm this adamant about my opinions with everyone, not just you. Just ask scottykid, Mr. Stiller, Number 10, Sniper...
                Ive stated before its pointless. I can write a damn book on Eli, but whats the point? Nobody is going to change their minds about him, on either side.

                I'll just let the season unfold, and if im wrong, im wrong. If Im right, I'm right. Thats all there is to it.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                  I'll just let the season unfold, and if im wrong, im wrong. If Im right, I'm right. Thats all there is to it.
                  From the school of redundancy school.

                  If you're wrong, i want you to admit you're wrong. And if i am, i'll gladly admit it. I have no problem accepting when i'm incorrect. You can remember this at the end of the season, if he has a good year, i'll give my respects to him, but if he puts up another sub-par season, you better get used to hearing a lot of **** thrown your way from me.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by MetSox17 View Post
                    From the school of redundancy school.

                    If you're wrong, i want you to admit you're wrong. And if i am, i'll gladly admit it. I have no problem accepting when i'm incorrect. You can remember this at the end of the season, if he has a good year, i'll give my respects to him, but if he puts up another sub-par season, you better get used to hearing a lot of **** thrown your way from me.
                    I will. I always have. I made a thread on Matt Ryan admitting I was wrong on him. I have no problem pointing out when Im wrong. Ive done it many times before.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                      In the sense that he's a quarterback on a good offense, sure.
                      In a sense that no offense is considered good without at least competitive quarterbacking, sure.

                      Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                      Not really. Eli has lots a lot of games for the Giants.
                      Examples? or are we throwing out random claims here?

                      Last year the giants had a +9 turnover differential, good enough for 5th in the league.

                      Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                      In 2008 yes. The other three years he's 0-3
                      One of those years he was a sophmore in his first playoff game facing a very good Carolina defense (05).

                      He certainly wasn't bad against philly in 06 and in 07 he was as close to perfect as a quarterback can be. Even if you really want to stress the issue you can blame 2 play off losses on Eli. So that would make 2 losses his fault and 4 wins including a ring due to his play? Not many fans would turn down a perfect playoff run followed by a poor game the next year.

                      This year against the eagles his second interception game late in the game when realistically, it was already over. In that game his running game was poor (failing twice to pick up short yardage situations in the fourth qtr a 3rd and 1 and a 4th and 2), the defense was poor and the special teams were poor (2 missed FGs). Eli Contributed, but it was a bad team game, not inherently due to Eli failing.

                      Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                      This sounds like something Sean Salisbury would say. You're on slippery ground.
                      What I meant is, he's more than capable of putting up points in the redzone, which a lot of QBs struggle with, he's also able to hit fade's, consistently, which is a weapon every team loves to have.

                      Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                      Superbowl. Something other illustrious quarterbacks like Trent Dilfer, Brad Johnson and Mark Rypien have done.
                      I don't disagree with the rest. Like I said, the Giants feel like they need him so this is what they do to keep him. But Eli is nothing special.
                      Dilfer, Johnson and Rypien didn't score in the final minutes and didn't break out of sacks trying to outgun the greatest offense ever to have been seen in the NFL.

                      Manning faced off against the greatest coach in modern NFL history and had to outscore the greatest offense ever to have taken the field and he did it with the pressure of the final seconds ticking away throwing to an injured receiver who could only cut in one direction.

                      His performance and what he achieved is in a different universe to what the other three guys did.

                      You're better than this.

                      Comment


                      • As things stand, Eli Manning isn't the best player in the NFL, not even the best Quarterback in the NFL, not even in the top 5 Quarterbacks in the NFL. Hell, he probably isn't even the best player on his team. So, why should he get paid the most money in the NFL?

                        Because the Giants were willing to pay him it. And I think we can all agree that, as things stand, Eli Manning is worth $4.25 Million better than Matt Stafford.
                        Originally posted by George Carlin

                        In Football the object is for the Field General to be on target with his aerial assault, riddling the Defence by hitting his Receivers with deadly accuracy, in spite of the Blitz, even if he has to use the Shotgun. With short bullet passes and long bombs he marches his troops into enemy territory, balancing this aerial assault with a sustained ground attack which punches holes in the forward wall of the enemy’s Defensive Line.

                        In Baseball the object is to go home and be safe.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Seamus2602 View Post
                          As things stand, Eli Manning isn't the best player in the NFL, not even the best Quarterback in the NFL, not even in the top 5 Quarterbacks in the NFL. Hell, he probably isn't even the best player on his team. So, why should he get paid the most money in the NFL?

                          Because the Giants were willing to pay him it. And I think we can all agree that, as things stand, Eli Manning is worth $4.25 Million better than Matt Stafford.
                          Call me crazy, but if I'm the Lions I might actually roll the dice on Stafford instead of taking Eli. It's not like they have much to lose.

                          Now, if I'm the Giants I obviously take the sure thing in Eli.


                          Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by MetSox17 View Post
                            From the school of redundancy school.

                            If you're wrong, i want you to admit you're wrong. And if i am, i'll gladly admit it. I have no problem accepting when i'm incorrect. You can remember this at the end of the season, if he has a good year, i'll give my respects to him, but if he puts up another sub-par season, you better get used to hearing a lot of **** thrown your way from me.


                            Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                            I will. I always have. I made a thread on Matt Ryan admitting I was wrong on him. I have no problem pointing out when Im wrong. Ive done it many times before.
                            Do I smell sig bet?
                            Stafford Sig by touchdownrams the rest of the sig by Sig Master Bone Krusher Avy by King of all avys renji


                            DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

                            Originally posted by njx9
                            oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by broth223 View Post
                              Do I smell sig bet?
                              Not much point anymore, last one I made wasn't honored :(

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by BlindSite View Post
                                Not much point anymore, last one I made wasn't honored :(
                                Who was this person I propose a rep rape of that person!
                                Stafford Sig by touchdownrams the rest of the sig by Sig Master Bone Krusher Avy by King of all avys renji


                                DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

                                Originally posted by njx9
                                oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information