ELI...highest paid?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
    Correct if we had to sign him when he were to become a FA then I bet this contract would have been $20 million larger.
    That's always the case. But even when players sign these extensions, in most cases the current contract is just ripped up and they immediately play under the new contract.

Comment

Originally posted by Sniper View Post
      Imagine the price tag if Manning had to carry the team sometimes.
      Like during our SB run when we averaged 3.5 yards a carry?

Comment

Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
        He'll only be highest paid until the next big time QB signs.
        Exactly. It wouldn't shock me if Cutler makes more when its his time. Thats just how these things go.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
          Exactly. It wouldn't shock me if Cutler makes more when its his time. Thats just how these things go.
          Yup, next QB that signs or needs an extension will break that record..

Comment

Stafford signed for more guaranteed money than Eli.
            #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Outside of that four game stretch his play has not warranted a contract of this magnitude. I know "it's the going rate" but Eli isn't worth this kind of dough.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

There are 5 current QB's that have won a Super Bowl. 2 of them are under 30. Eli has brought us to the playoffs ever year he has been our starting QB. If you don't think if Eli were a FA that more than half the teams in the NFL would have been fighting to sign this guy for much more than this then you're mistaken.
                #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Yeah, the same SB run where your defense ******* ruined people.

Comment

There are 5 current QB's that have won a Super Bowl. 2 of them are under 30. Eli has brought us to the playoffs ever year he has been our starting QB.
                    Uhhh. I this displeases me. I hate hearing this argument. Eli didn't win the super bowl, the Giants did.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
                    they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
                    Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

There are 5 current QB's that have won a Super Bowl. 2 of them are under 30. Eli has brought us to the playoffs ever year he has been our starting QB. If you don't think if Eli were a FA that more than half the teams in the NFL would have been fighting to sign this guy for much more than this then you're mistaken.
                      I doubt they'd give him $97.5 million. There's no ******* way you can justify this guy making more than his brother.

Comment

Originally posted by TitleTown088 View Post
                        Uhhh. I this displeases me. I hate hearing this argument. Eli didn't win the super bowl, the Giants did.
                        Trent Dilfer won the Super Bowl, not the Ravens.

Comment

Stafford signed for more guaranteed money than Eli.
                          even though eli is no god and stafford is an exceptional draft prospect (imo) that is just wrong

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
                          - No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
                          - Corner or Wideout in the first
                          - No reaching
                          - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

I doubt they'd give him $97.5 million. There's no ******* way you can justify this guy making more than his brother.
                            You can easily. Peyton signed his contract 3 or 4 years ago? If Peyton was in the last year of his contract now, of course he would get more. This is just the economics of the NFL. At the time Peyton made the most. Or Vick did, I forget.

Comment

Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
                              You can easily. Peyton signed his contract 3 or 4 years ago? If Peyton was in the last year of his contract now, of course he would get more. This is just the economics of the NFL.
                              Let me re-phrase it. There's no ******* way you can justify Eli making more than Peyton unless you have your head jammed completely up Eli's ass.

Comment

Let me re-phrase it. There's no ******* way you can justify Eli making more than Peyton unless you have your head jammed completely up Eli's ass.
                                Any QB who is in the top third at their position who signs a contract in the next few years will make more than Peyton. Has nothing to do with Eli and everything to do with the market in the NFL. If you can't grasp that, then I suggest you pull your head out of your own ass.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information