ELI...highest paid?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ELI...highest paid?

Eli and the Giants have agreed to a 6 year 97.5 mil contract making him the highest paid according to mort

link : http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4378407
    Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds
    Coples is that dude.
    Go Amare. I Love Tayshaun Prince...

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards

Just read that too.. Let's how the contract is structured. Plus, it's the market for a franchise qb. I bet Cutler and Matt Ryan, make even more, especially Cutler. As long as the rookie QBs, who never play a down make a boat load of money, then the proven guys will push the price higher. And IF sanchez or Stafford get good, then they will shatter both extensions as well.

Comment

Interesting number. I guess thats what the market calls for.
      Originally posted by njx9
      i mean, why wouldn't the broncos take cam newton? they can play him at quarterback WITH tebow!

Comment

I'm pleased with the contract. Thats the going rate for franchise qbs, they don't come cheap.

The next guy will make even more. Thats just how it is.

I was worried it would get up to 120 mill so 97.5 is very pleasing to me.

Comment

Imagine the price tag if Manning had to carry the team sometimes.

Comment

It's a fine deal. 35M guaranteed is what I've read.
            #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
              I'm pleased with the contract. Thats the going rate for franchise qbs, they don't come cheap.

The next guy will make even more. Thats just how it is.

I was worried it would get up to 120 mill so 97.5 is very pleasing to me.
              I wonder if the contract starts immediately or if it is one of those contracts that start after this season on his current contract. Tuck's contract was like that I believe. He signed his extension right before the Super Bowl run, but I don't think the actual new contract kicked in until this year. If Eli's is like that, I'd be extremely happy with the deal.

Comment

Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
                I wonder if the contract starts immediately or if it is one of those contracts that start after this season on his current contract. Tuck's contract was like that I believe. He signed his extension right before the Super Bowl run, but I don't think the actual new contract kicked in until this year. If Eli's is like that, I'd be extremely happy with the deal.
                They kept Eli's last year on the current contract so he is actually signed for 7 years.
                #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by Sniper View Post
                  Imagine the price tag if Manning had to carry the team sometimes.
                  I am sure that's factored in there, lol. Let's not forgot we had to fire 2 idiotic coordinators that came in with Coughlin, John Hufangel and on the defensive side of the ball Tim Lewis.

Lewis was the mastermind of being allergic to blitzing which allowed you guys to set up a Akers FG to win it in the playoffs the first time around.

Thank god both fools got fired.

Comment

Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
                    They kept Eli's last year on the current contract so he is actually signed for 7 years.
                    That's big. I like that Jerry keeps doing it. Your essentially signing Eli in 2010 for what the market is in 2009. Tuck's contract was brilliant.

Comment

That's big. I like that Jerry keeps doing it. Your essentially signing Eli in 2010 for what the market is in 2009. Tuck's contract was brilliant.
                      Jerry is not doing anything.. The capologist/contract guy is Kevin Abrams, i believe. That guy is the most under rated guy in the organization..

Comment

Originally posted by Shockey+Manning=Shocking View Post
                        I am sure that's factored in there, lol. Let's not forgot we had to fire 2 idiotic coordinators that came in with Coughlin, John Hufangel and on the defensive side of the ball Tim Lewis.

Lewis was the mastermind of being allergic to blitzing which allowed you guys to set up a Akers FG to win it in the playoffs the first time around.

Thank god both fools got fired.
                        Also the fact that Carlos Emmons basically had the lateral movement of my grandmother at that point in time helped the Eagles in that last drive.

Comment

Correct if we had to sign him when he were to become a FA then I bet this contract would have been $20 million larger.
                          #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Also the fact that Carlos Emmons basically had the lateral movement of my grandmother at that point in time helped the Eagles in that last drive.
                            Not even that, Lewis just played zone, with a 7 yard cushion, and the Eagles moved the ball with ease.. As soon as Eli tied it up, I knew we'd lose because Lewis had that issue all season long, where no lead or tie was safe.

Comment

He'll only be highest paid until the next big time QB signs.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information