No announcement yet.

Source: If no deal is made, Crabtree will re-enter draft

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This better be a bluff. Crabtree is really putting his career in danger by holding out and if he sits out the entire season, that could really screw up his career. Giving him 36 million would be reasonable, but his party won't go for it.
    An old classic:
    WARNING: language
    http://www.bangcartoon.com/2004/poston.htm

Comment

I honestly would not be surprised if Crabtree has no idea what is going in the negotiations and this is all Parker's doing.

Comment

I hope the 49ers don't cave in to the ridiculous demands. That could screw up the rookie salary structure (which isn't perfect anyways but guys drafted later shouldn't be paid more, period).

Thankfully the Darrelle Revis contract, which was bad for the Jets, hasn't set a precedent. (Unless that is what is holding up the Malcolm Jenkins contract?)
        Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

49ers need to play hardball. If Crabtree thinks waiting til next year is going to be the best option then he's a complete idiot and the 49ers will be better off without a player like that.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

Call the bluff 9ers.

I'm starting to see Crabtree as a bit of a headcase. Glad the Packers passed on him as of now.
            Last edited by TitleTown088; 08-06-2009, 01:04 PM.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
            they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
            Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

Josh Morgan is a future stud. The Niners can continue to play hardball, and have all the leverage here. Crabtree is just an idiot. I wonder if Al would've caved into his demands after seeing what kinda dough DHB got had he been the selection.

Comment

If I'm the 49ers I don't talk to his representatives for another week at least. What a dumb thing to say at this point.

Comment

His 'adviser' should be fired and excommunicated from the family.

Comment

You gotta feel bad for the agent, I'm sure he's beyond PO'd right now. Just said he doesn't like his negotiations to go public and here it is plastered all over SportsCenter. The cousin needs to shut his mouth and let the agent take care of things.

Comment

Mike Williams V.2???

Comment

49ers will cave

Comment

C'mon Mike. You were one of my favorite players in the draft but you got to be realistic. You're not getting Top 5 money and your not getting more the DHB. Just because you think you're better than players above you doesn't mean you should get paid more. Get on the field and prove you should be paid like a Top 5 player.

Comment

The niners developing a case of the Crabs.
                            Originally posted by njx9
                            i mean, why wouldn't the broncos take cam newton? they can play him at quarterback WITH tebow!

Comment

If you think you're that good sign a shorter contract and then earn all pro money when you've proven that you're that good

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
                              - No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
                              - Corner or Wideout in the first
                              - No reaching
                              - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

Originally posted by no bare feet View Post
                                The niners developing a case of the Crabs.
                                he shoots and its NO GOOD!!!!

(sorry bro but its really not funny)

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
                                - No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
                                - Corner or Wideout in the first
                                - No reaching
                                - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information