No announcement yet.

Source: If no deal is made, Crabtree will re-enter draft

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hope he doesn't have one of those "My uncle is my agent" sort of deals.

This is a very stupid and inexperienced stance to take by the agent. You'd think he could explain the situation correctly to Michael before coming out like this...

Comment

personally, i think it's the agent ******* up and not crabtree.

Comment

also from Niners beat writer Matt Maiocco:

Crabtree's cousin and adviser, David Wells, told ESPN that the 49ers' first-round selection is prepared to sit out the entire season and re-enter next year's draft. Yeah . . . What did you expect anyone from the Crabtree camp to say? It would be the worst "holdout" ever if they stated publicly that they're not committed to making it a long holdout. Isn't the whole implied notion of a holdout to show no signs of reporting until you reach the deal for which you're holding out? Today's Crabtree story is really a non-story. Plus, a 49ers source tells me his agent, Eugene Parker, has never made any such threat to the team.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

The NFL really needs a rookie pay scale because this kind of stuff hurts everyone involved. I'm not going to jump all over Crabtree because you hire an agent to handle this kind of stuff, but even still he has to have some kind of say so in the matter. And even mentioning holding out for the season is a big red flag.

Comment

Yawn.

A non-issue to me. He'll sign.
            The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
              I hope he doesn't have one of those "My uncle is my agent" sort of deals.

This is a very stupid and inexperienced stance to take by the agent. You'd think he could explain the situation correctly to Michael before coming out like this...
              its a variation of the classic, his cousin is the oft quoted advisor.
              his agent is running like the plague from this rumor and it sounds like his cousin just made this whole thing up.

PM me for sigs.

Comment

could this be a reason why teams passed up on him in the draft? this could be alot to due with his ego and how much he thinks he is worth and almost a TO type attitude.

Comment

Apparently Eric Mangini, George Kokinis and Mike Leach have been calling San Fransisco laughing and dropping one liners such as "I told you so..." and asking to speak to "primadonna."

Let's get some activity going in the Cleveland sub-forum!

Comment

Originally posted by j05son View Post
                    Mike Leach have been calling San Fransisco laughing and dropping one liners such as "I told you so..." and asking to speak to "primadonna."
                    Mike Leach said he wasnt a "diva"

Nice joke attempt though.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

This message is not approved

Comment

Originally posted by Brent View Post
                        Mike Leach said he wasnt a "diva"

Nice joke attempt though.
                        No it was probably the lamest joke attempt on boards hahaha

Comment

Originally posted by BuddyCHRIST View Post
                          The NFL really needs a rookie pay scale because this kind of stuff hurts everyone involved. I'm not going to jump all over Crabtree because you hire an agent to handle this kind of stuff, but even still he has to have some kind of say so in the matter. And even mentioning holding out for the season is a big red flag.
                          Seriously, it's beyond ridiculous the money these 1st overall guys get paid.

Create a rookie pay scale to keep the insane amount of money for the top picks down, this way agents don't have to try and make themselves look good. Then those players/agents can go out and get money in the 2nd contract.

There is still a problem with that though given how much shorter an NFL players career is in comparison to the NBA or MLB. They would certainly make the contract lengths shorter than they are now (for the top picks anyway).

Parker has some big money to be negotiated between Jackson and Crabtree.

Comment

Already off to a bad start. I hope the 49ers haze the **** out of him when he gets to camp.

Rookie.

Get ready for a whole new ball game.

Comment

What a *****.

http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

Comment

edit: nm, Jackson just signed!
                                Last edited by vidae; 08-06-2009, 07:37 PM.

Originally posted by fenikz
                                His soft D really turns me off
                                ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information