Source: If no deal is made, Crabtree will re-enter draft

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cvv84 View Post
    BJ Raji is reportedly going to sign tomorrow. Crabtree's now got a guage for his contract.

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/53167877.html
    no he's always had one. the standard for non-QBs is an 18% increase of the money of the previous year's slot position.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Brent View Post
      no he's always had one. the standard for non-QBs is an 18% increase of the money of the previous year's slot position.
      Uh no he hasn't always had that one because Raji just signed a contract. Raji got about 15% more in guarantees and his overall contract is about 40% more in total value than last years.

Comment

Uh no he hasn't always had that one because Raji just signed a contract. Raji got about 15% more in guarantees and his overall contract is about 40% more in total value than last years.
        http://blog.pressdemocrat.com/49ers/...continues.html

League sources said that another reason the signings have been slow is because the Raiders messed up the process by giving Heyward-Bey an incredibly generous 20-percent raise over what the No. 7 pick received last year.

But the sources with whom I've spoken believe the 49ers' offer is approximately an 18-percent raise from what the Patriots awarded linebacker Jerod Mayo, who was chosen in the same spot last year. That would mean Crabtree has balked at approximately $16.2 million in guaranteed money on a five-year deal or $19.5 million for six years.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

ha, Al Davis was being smart and trying to let everyone elses rookies hold out so that they have a disadvantage

Comment

Whats your point? You're posting something that everyone knows.

Comment

Whats your point? You're posting something that everyone knows.
              To prove what he already told you. Crabtree has always had a gauge for his contract. He's getting a 18% increase in value from last year's number 10 selection.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
              -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
              Originally posted by Borat
              Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Comment

I guess Raji got permission from Crabtree to sign his contract. Seeing as though all the players that have been holding out aren't holding out for more money they're just holding out because Michael Crabtree is.

Comment

Originally posted by Ness View Post
                  To prove what he already told you. Crabtree has always had a gauge for his contract. He's getting a 18% increase in value from last year's number 10 selection.
                  Yes, in theory every player has a guage on their contract - but not a ceiling. Just ask Mark Sanchez and Darrius Heyward-Bey. If Crabtree is getting an 18% increase over last years #10 pick then why hasn't he signed yet? Man the common sense on this board is really lacking.

Comment

If I would have guessed which three players would hold out the longest before the draft, I would of picked Andre Smith, Crabtree and Maybin. I know a lot of people probably felt the same way.

Comment

Working...
                    X

Debug Information