Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ed Reed Last Year?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Originally posted by JFLO View Post
    I would take Ed Reed all day every day for a single game because of his knack for being around the ball.

    But if there was a limit to one position per year to who would get in, I think it would be tough to see Reed getting in before Polamalu. I don't know, maybe it's just me but I think the value of winning a Super Bowl or two while playing is a little bit more important than taking a couple INTs back to the house.
    Yes, because of the rest of us value INT over Super Bowls . Quarterbacks and Coaches are the only position where SB rings are relevant for HOF consideration. Every other position would certainly be based on individual accomplishments.

    Comment


    • #47
      Originally posted by Paul View Post
      Yes, because of the rest of us value INT over Super Bowls . Quarterbacks and Coaches are the only position where SB rings are relevant for HOF consideration. Every other position would certainly be based on individual accomplishments.
      Yea, but two Super Bowl victories added to your resume is going to make your chances even higher than they were if you were to go throughout your career without a championship.

      I know that it's the common theme to correlate SB wins with QBs and coaches, but in the end, they relate to everyone that plays in the NFL, that is the purpose, right?

      BoneKruser with the DOPE sig

      Comment


      • #48
        Originally posted by JFLO View Post
        Yea, but two Super Bowl victories added to your resume is going to make your chances even higher than they were if you were to go throughout your career without a championship.

        I know that it's the common theme to correlate SB wins with QBs and coaches, but in the end, they relate to everyone that plays in the NFL, that is the purpose, right?
        I guess Kevin Faulk is a shoe-in for the HoF then. :p

        Comment


        • #49
          Originally posted by Crickett View Post
          I guess Kevin Faulk is a shoe-in for the HoF then. :p
          You know what I mean...douche, haha
          Last edited by JFLO; 08-10-2009, 12:10 PM.

          BoneKruser with the DOPE sig

          Comment


          • #50
            Originally posted by Paul View Post
            Yes, because of the rest of us value INT over Super Bowls . Quarterbacks and Coaches are the only position where SB rings are relevant for HOF consideration. Every other position would certainly be based on individual accomplishments.
            When you're a safety and arguably the best player on multiple title winning defenses, you better believe its a factor where Canton is concerned.

            Comment


            • #51
              Polamalu would still be in the discussion even if he didnt have 2 rings, he is just a beast.

              Comment


              • #52
                Originally posted by Bengalsrocket View Post
                Why even wait till the end of the year to give the award out right? No one else is going to make progression as a player.
                Improve on 20 sacks is not something that happens a lot. Actually no one has had back to back 20 sack years as I know of. So yeah its gonna be insane if he improves on this.

                Comment


                • #53
                  Originally posted by Ravens1991 View Post
                  Polamalu would still be in the discussion even if he didnt have 2 rings, he is just a beast.
                  exactly, superbowl rings is a tiebreaker only in case of a draw except for q.b's and coachees (ray lewis is better than brushchi, i dont care how many superbowl rings they have)....less you belive robert horry is one of the best basketball players ever....with that said the above quote is spot on.

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    if he has at least 2 more years like last season then he will get in eventually

                    Sig by BoneKrusher
                    Matt Barkley will be the best QB to be selected in the Top 5 since Peyton Manning.

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      I was not mad that Harrison got the DPOY but I thought Ed Reeds 8picks and 2 FF and a TD(You can check those stats I am not 100%) in the last 9 games of the season should of got him DPOY.
                      Originally posted by SunTzu_22
                      Just let it go RWO.
                      We as Ravens fans are clearly scum of the earth, and should just be happy that these great people, who cheer for nothing than the finest, morally impeccable players, playing on the finest, most morally impeccable teams, will grace us with their presence, and words of wisdom.

                      John Wall
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        I still would have voted for Ware. It was a close year

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          if he does well again this season... he should get in. He's been the most dominant safety for some time now. I doubt it'll be on the first ballot because Canton seems to really dislike safeties, but he'll get in eventually.

                          Sig by Fenikz

                          I remember NFLDC
                          don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X

                          Debug Information