Josh McDaniels' Latest Screw Up

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Josh McDaniels' Latest Screw Up

So I don't think we bash him enough and quite frankly I am now convinced he is a complete and total idiot. After trading their Franchise QB, implementing a 34 defense, driving Jarvis Moss to the brink of retirement, completely screwing up the draft, going on a very obviously unplanned Free Agency Spending spree and trading their first round pick for Alphonso Smith he does this:

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...nd-string.html

Yes, you read that correctly, Josh McDaniels has benched Brandon Marshall in favor of Jabar Gaffney. Yeah, and they expect him to want to stay in Denver? They expect him to play hard for a disrespectful and dishonest coach? Please, you don't bench a guy like Marshall, he is a great young receiver and you're going to bench him? Haha McDaniels you are a total failure.

itz the systemzzzz

Bellichick disciples never learn.

Although Im sure its just an overreaction. He's doing it to "motivate" Marshall. I see it backfiring on his dumbass though.

Comment

hasn't marshall not been practicing?
      Patriots, Red Sox, Celtics, Bruins, Texas Longhorns

Comment

Originally posted by Bigburt63 View Post
        hasn't marshall not been practicing?
        i've read he is hurt.

Comment

Marshall won't be a Denver Bronco after the trade deadline has passed. There I said it.
          Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
          RIP themaninblack

Comment

I agree with BBD. He isn't ******** enough to actually believe Gaffney is a better WR. What the hell does he need motivation for? He is a top flight WR and he has proven it, he needs to stop being cute with **** like this and just coach football. When you don't think he can look any stupider, he does this.

Comment

In McDaniel's defense, I wouldn't call their draft a "complete screwup". There were some odd moves throughout, but they came away with some good talent.

Comment

Good news :D

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
                @SirStackAlot707

Comment

ITS A TRAP!

Broncos have us all fooled

Comment

Originally posted by Paul View Post
                    In McDaniel's defense, I wouldn't call their draft a "complete screwup". There were some odd moves throughout, but they came away with some good talent.
                    Same here. I thought it was stupid to trade Cutler away but Moreno should be a workhorse for them. I don't think he'll be a 1300 yard rusher but he should be a good "yardage" guy.

I'm not an Ayers fan at all but he should be solid and provide versitality. The only move that really dumbfounded me was trading next years 1st round pick for Alphonso Smith.

And as for Marshall being lower on the depth chart, unless McDaniels is looking to get fired in his 1st year Marshall will obviously be a big part of their offense. Unfortunately Kyle Orton is also a big part of their offense which hurts them...

Comment

I blame ownership. Daniels has the potential to be a great HC. What he's not is a GM. The handling of Cutler, the draft... those are all GM responsibilities.

Comment

Let's see Gaffney start ahead of Marshall come the start of the season, and that will be a story.

We haven't even hit the first preseason game yet.

Plus didn't Marshall have a minor setback in his hip or something a week ago?
                        Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul View Post
                          Well lets look here, they draft Knowshon Moreno after signing a stable of running backs to add to their stable of running backs they already had.
                          They draft Robert Ayers a 4-3 LE to play OLB in the 3-4 Defense
                          They failed to address the defensive line
                          They traded what will likely be the first overall pick for Alphonso Smith
                          They drafted Darcel McBath after signing Brian Dawkins and Renaldo Hill.
                          They drafted Richard Quinn in the second round (huge reach) even though they already had Daniel Graham and Tony Scheffler.

All they really did was create a giant cluster- of players at WR, RB, TE, S and QB when they clearly needed a ton of help along the defensive line and in the linebacking core. Did they get some decent players? Yeah, but the fashion in which they did it was not pretty and they reached on players and they brought in players that don't fit their schemes.

Comment

Originally posted by Geo View Post
                            Let's see Gaffney start ahead of Marshall come the start of the season, and that will be a story.

We haven't even hit the first preseason game yet.

Plus didn't Marshall have a minor setback in his hip or something a week ago?
                            I know he had a hamstring issue a couple weeks back...

I don't think they would move him to the #2 slot if he was injured though, you would think they would just make him inactive for a week or two...

I don't know about this though. McDaniels is showing his age and hairless nutsack at the same time.

BoneKruser with the DOPE sig

Comment

Originally posted by Thumper View Post
                              Well lets look here, they draft Knowshon Moreno after signing a stable of running backs to add to their stable of running backs they already had.
                              They draft Robert Ayers a 4-3 LE to play OLB in the 3-4 Defense
                              They failed to address the defensive line
                              They traded what will likely be the first overall pick for Alphonso Smith
                              They drafted Darcel McBath after signing Brian Dawkins and Renaldo Hill.
                              They drafted Richard Quinn in the second round (huge reach) even though they already had Daniel Graham and Tony Scheffler.

All they really did was create a giant cluster- of players at WR, RB, TE, S and QB when they clearly needed a ton of help along the defensive line and in the linebacking core. Did they get some decent players? Yeah, but the fashion in which they did it was not pretty and they reached on players and they brought in players that don't fit their schemes.
                              Are you saying that Moreno isn't any better than all the guys that they signed at RB? LaMont Jordan signed for 2 years and Correll Buckhalter signed for 4 years. With Moreno they have a guy for the long term.

I already stated that I'm not a huge Robert Ayers but where do you think most of the 3-4 rush LBs come from? The majority of the time they are 4-3 defensive ends in college. The Bronco's will also mix in some 4-3 so they can use Ayers at either DT or DE.

I'm not a fan of their 3-4 defensive line either. I think that Ronald Fields will translate though. Ryan McBean was drafted by the Steelers so they obviously saw something that they liked. However the Steelers were looking for future DE's the past few years and they cut McBean so that says something.

Didn't like the Alphonso Smith pick since it cost them next years 1st round pick.

Dawkins will be 36 this year and the final 4 years of the 5 year contract that he signed are voidable. They now have a guy for the future who can learn from Dawkins for this year. Hill is a solid player and his contract is fairly cheap. Only $3 million guaranteed. He could be gone after 2 years.

Drafting a TE was questionable but for some reason every year they try to trade Scheffler. Graham though is starting to get expensive and has never been an overly productive receiving TE. Still a 2nd round pick for basically a #3 TE this year has be questioned.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information