No announcement yet.

Josh McDaniels' Latest Screw Up

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Josh McDaniels will not have a job at the end of this season if Denver is bad.

Comment

I'm the first to jump on the mcDaniels is an idiot wagon, but Marshall is injured and this is a non-story.

Comment

Marshall isn't even practicing.
        Correll Buckhalter is listed as the No. 1 running back, followed by LaMont Jordan and then Peyton Hillis. Rookie Knowshon Moreno is listed fourth, though he took significant first-team reps on Monday morning.
        This preseason depth chart is meaningless.
        Last edited by locseti; 08-11-2009, 12:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by cvv84 View Post
          The Bronco's will also mix in some 4-3 so they can use Ayers at either DT or DE
          Nolan's defense is too ****** for it to ever work. Look at the Niners' defense after he left, it was like night and day it had improved so much. Don't by the idea that Nolan is a good D-coordinator.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

that is true Nolan made a name in Baltimore where Ozzie was the mastermind behind it all.

Comment

It doesn't really matter who's on the field, it just matters what they can get done on it. I agree with people who say McDaniels has made a lot of questionable decisions, but at the same time, he's getting chased out of town a little quickly considering he hasn't coached a single game yet. This team could end up being pretty good for all we know. I'm not saying I think it will be pretty good, but no one can say with any certainty that it'll be bad, either. Let's see what it looks like when they're playing the games.

Comment

This clown has sabotaged the Broncos franchise. They already had more pieces than half of the league. All he had to do was draft Peria Jerry, B.Orakpo or L.English 12th. I dont mind the Ayers pick that much though, he could turn out like P.Merling (3-4 DE).
                Jerry/Orakpo/English with Ayers would've been a decent start to a 3-4.The offensive side was set for years to come. Broncos could've made noise this season too. Imagine having worst record in the league with no 1st rounder that year, LMFAO!!....Josh McDaniels might be worse than Matt Millen.

Comment

I dont think trading a 1st for Alphonso Smith is that big of a deal anyway. He would have been a top 10 pick if he was 6 foot or he ran a 4.3. He is just a playmaker and a ballhawk.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostDeini View Post
                    This clown has sabotaged the Broncos franchise. They already had more pieces than half of the league. All he had to do was draft Peria Jerry, B.Orakpo or L.English 12th. I dont mind the Ayers pick that much though, he could turn out like P.Merling (3-4 DE).
                    Jerry/Orakpo/English with Ayers would've been a decent start to a 3-4.The offensive side was set for years to come. Broncos could've made noise this season too. Imagine having worst record in the league with no 1st rounder that year, LMFAO!!....Josh McDaniels might be worse than Matt Millen.
                    EXACTLY!

Just think, right now the Denver Broncos could be running a spread offense with Marshall, Royal and Stokely(sp?) and Jay Cutler at the helm, they could be running a 3-4 with Brian Orakpo at the OLB spot, Evander Hood at the DE spot, and Ron Brace at the NT spot. But nope, instead of having one of the most explosive offenses in the NFL, you've got an offense with Orton at QB. And instead of having the most promising young 3-4 defense in the NFL, you've got a defensive line consisting of nobodies, no NT and no every down OLB.

I think that Ayers is a 4-3 base LE not a 3-4 OLB.

Comment

This is without doubt the stupidest thread I have ever seen in a football forum anywhere. BMarsh missed all of the OTAs, and has practiced one day since training camp started due to his hip injury. As of right now, Gaffney should be in front of him on the depth chart as he has taken ALL of the first team reps. Pre-season depth charts mean nothing at all in terms of the actual season. Players and anyone that knows anything about football knows that.

You havent started a thread about Dwayne Bowe not taking reps with the first team offense in KC due to him not working hard enough, so this thread is just obviously the blind McDaniels hatred coming out again.

McDaniels obviously mishandled the Cutler saga, but the rest of the stuff you have listed as being terrible or his fault is a load of garbage and the fact some of you cant leave it alone is pretty sad.

Each player Denver drafted in the first 2 rounds will play a role in the team this year. All of the guys they brought in fits their scheme, provide back-ups for aging players or will be exceptional on special teams. If you understood that multi-skilled RBs and 2 TE-sets (with TEs that can block and catch) are the key to the versatility needed in combating the 3-4 (which is becoming the defense of choice in the NFL), then you wouldnt be bashing the Moreno and Quinn picks. After Raji there was exactly f-all as far as NTs in the draft. Ronald Fields is just as good as anyone else in the draft as a NT. Why take a guy that will sit on the bench in his first year anyway and has a career upside that is nothing special?

Why not start a thread about how McDaniels is running a training camp that everyone is raving about as being so much better than anything Shanahan ever did? Why not go on about the defense that Shanahan left McDaniels that was totally inept, and incredibly light for a defensive front 7 (it is now still inept, but at least McDaniels has added over 100 pounds to that front 7). Just easier to blame that on McDaniels I suppose. Shanahan drafted a DE bust in Jarvis Moss (he is too light to play DE). Now McDaniels is trying to resurrect his career as an OLB, gave him a few days off to deal with some personal issues before taking him back with open arms, but is somehow in your opinion driving him to the brink of retirement.

You obviously dont know the first thing about the Broncos, so why dont you stay quiet than prove it to everyone.

McDaniels may have made a few misjudgments, but has made a heap of good moves since then and he will be a damn good coach in the NFL. Basically everyone in the media has now realized that (including in Denver where he was universally panned when Cutler left), but there are still some dimwits in here that cant let go.
                      Last edited by Timbathia; 08-11-2009, 02:11 AM.

Comment

And.........nobody cares! You can't complain like this until you've actually seen a few regular season games.

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Originally posted by superman8456 View Post
                          I dont think trading a 1st for Alphonso Smith is that big of a deal anyway. He would have been a top 10 pick if he was 6 foot or he ran a 4.3. He is just a playmaker and a ballhawk.
                          but he isnt?

Comment

Originally posted by Thumper View Post
                            So I don't think we bash him enough and quite frankly I am now convinced he is a complete and total idiot. After trading their Franchise QB, implementing a 34 defense, driving Jarvis Moss to the brink of retirement, completely screwing up the draft, going on a very obviously unplanned Free Agency Spending spree and trading their first round pick for Alphonso Smith he does this:

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...nd-string.html

Yes, you read that correctly, Josh McDaniels has benched Brandon Marshall in favor of Jabar Gaffney. Yeah, and they expect him to want to stay in Denver? They expect him to play hard for a disrespectful and dishonest coach? Please, you don't bench a guy like Marshall, he is a great young receiver and you're going to bench him? Haha McDaniels you are a total failure.
                            Originally posted by Thumper View Post
                            Well lets look here, they draft Knowshon Moreno after signing a stable of running backs to add to their stable of running backs they already had.
                            They draft Robert Ayers a 4-3 LE to play OLB in the 3-4 Defense
                            They failed to address the defensive line
                            They traded what will likely be the first overall pick for Alphonso Smith
                            They drafted Darcel McBath after signing Brian Dawkins and Renaldo Hill.
                            They drafted Richard Quinn in the second round (huge reach) even though they already had Daniel Graham and Tony Scheffler.

All they really did was create a giant cluster- of players at WR, RB, TE, S and QB when they clearly needed a ton of help along the defensive line and in the linebacking core. Did they get some decent players? Yeah, but the fashion in which they did it was not pretty and they reached on players and they brought in players that don't fit their schemes.
                            First off, how is implementing a 3-4 defense bad? The 4-3 was TERRIBLE before. Jarvis Moss was a bust at 4-3 DE and did not want to switch positions to OLB in the 3-4 (a position many had him projected to when he came out in the draft). If he wants to retire, thats on him not McDaniels. What is McDaniels supposed to do, change his whole defense to adjust to the desires of one bust?

Look closely at the "FA spending spree." Alot of those guys were either in NE or were being looked at heavily in NE, which, coincidently, runs the same system that McDaniels is trying to implement!

The pick may or may not end up being that high (1st overall), but I don't think it will. That offense has too much firepower to lose that many games, and the defense can only go up. I already posted my feelings about how Cutler (although VASTLY more taleneted than Orton) may not have fit the mold of the QB McDaniels wants (i.e. he is a gunslinger type).

And as far as the whole Marshall thing..he isn't practicing because of injury. Thus, he should be on the second team as he has far less reps in a new offense than the others, specifically Gaffney who played in the same system for 2 years in NE.
                            Patriots, Red Sox, Celtics, Bruins, Texas Longhorns

Comment

Originally posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
                              but he isnt?
                              --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
                              Originally Posted by Denver Bronco27
                              i firmly think that if smith was 2 inches taller he would have been a top 15 pick...he was a very good college CB...just short

while i dont agree with the pick, he is a very talented player
                              ---------------------------------------------------------------
                              but he is not 2 inches taller.

I don't know how to double quote or whatever but that was my response to someone else about A. Smith.

: )
                              Originally posted by njx9
                              i mean, why wouldn't the broncos take cam newton? they can play him at quarterback WITH tebow!

Comment

This thread is awesome. Waaahhhh McDaniels hurt my feelings as a fan. Waaahhhh McDaniels hurt Brandon Marshall's feelings, Moss' feelings and got Jay Cutler's panties so bunched up they broke his vagina.

Holy drama queens . . . yet no Broncos fans seem willing to say "holy **** we had a truckload of prima donna bitches on our squad" and good riddance.

The Cutler situation was a two way drama show that exposed Cutler as a wide receiver-esque crybaby and McDaniels as a green HC. None of the other things mentioned in the first post have any value.

A pre-preseason depth chart? Who the **** cares?

Damning his move from one D scheme to another when the Broncos clearly couldn't handle the 4-3 . . . genius.

Deeming the entire draft a failure before a single exhibition game? Hey man, pass the crystal ball - or at least tell me tomorrow night's winnig powerball numbers.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information