No announcement yet.

Josh McDaniels' Latest Screw Up

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really don't want to pass judgement at this time, but then again I like being that person that says "I told you so". Its hard to tell right now, it might be hard to tell after one year, but some decisions seem bonehead right now. Will they pan out, we will find out.
    Originally posted by njx9
    i mean, why wouldn't the broncos take cam newton? they can play him at quarterback WITH tebow!

Comment

Side note. How is McDaniels disrespectful and dishonest?
      Patriots, Red Sox, Celtics, Bruins, Texas Longhorns

Comment

Originally posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
        but he isnt?
        I'm saying just because of some measurables he wasnt a high draft pick. He has a lot of talent and can play football with the best of them.

Comment

Originally posted by superman8456 View Post
          I'm saying just because of some measurables he wasnt a high draft pick. He has a lot of talent and can play football with the best of them.
          yes. But he is not a top15 talent. Thats why he wasnt drafted there. If you have the measurables you have the chance to improve ur technique. If ur technique is good, u cant just say, lets grow 2 inches

Comment

Originally posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
            yes. But he is not a top15 talent. Thats why he wasnt drafted there. If you have the measurables you have the chance to improve ur technique. If ur technique is good, u cant just say, lets grow 2 inches
            I'm willing to bet you dont watch many Wake Forest games, and you're simply just talking out your ass. He has gotten 15 INT's in the last two years, playing in a pretty good conference. He wasnt drafted high because he is a 5'9 CB that ran a 4.5.

Comment

I'm willing to bet you dont watch many Wake Forest games, and you're simply just talking out your ass. He has gotten 15 INT's in the last two years, playing in a pretty good conference. He wasnt drafted high because he is a 5'9 CB that ran a 4.5.
              If Troy Smith was 6'4 he would have been 1st rounder
              i mean, why wouldn't the broncos take cam newton? they can play him at quarterback WITH tebow!

Comment

The 4-3 wasn't terrible.

The players in the 4-3 were terrible.

The 3-4 is gonna suck just as hard for him this year. He brought in no players to help that front 7 transition to the 3-4 outside of Ayers.

And Ayers isn't a 3-4 LB at all.

They want to run him in a hybrid role, and I can understand that, but its hard to do so when everyone around the guy is crap.

You can only be versatile with your personnel when you have other players that allow for such versatility to happen without a dropoff in team production.

Comment

no i havent. But 32 teams passed on him. Why trade a first round pick, the worse third round pick even for that? i dont see the reason. Seeing that he went in the 2nd round gives me to believe that he had his issues. If he is there in the 2nd round, why trade a way a potential top10 pick for a guy that was not even considered in the first round.

a 5.9 CB with a 4.5 is a pretty big deficit. How do you think he will match up with the top wide receivers that are up to 5-8 inches bigger than him?
                  Last edited by Gay Ork Wang; 08-11-2009, 11:04 AM.

Comment

I like Alphonso Smith a lot. I loved him coming out.

But theres no way you can warrant that trade for him. He's a slot CB, who can cover smaller WRs in 2 WR sets, but he is not ever going to be worthy of what they gave up for him. He'd be an ok fit in a Cover 2 scheme.

Put a guy like Anquan Boldin or Kenny Britt etc on him, and he's gonna get destroyed in man coverage.

Comment

Smith for his size is a very nice prospect, but at 5'9" going up against guys who are going to be much bigger, stronger, and faster than him his physical tools are only going to get him so far. If 'ifs' and 'buts' were candy and nuts then every day would be Christmas.

You cannot justify trading a first round pick for an undersized corner. I think Smith has a chance to be a good player in this league but with next years strong draft class (along with the possibility that Denver won't be any good at all next year), it means they might have traded a top 10 draft pick for a 5'9" cornerback, which in a weak draft class couldn't crack the first round.

I can play this game too. If Rex Grossman had any mental game he would've been a good QB in the NFL. It was a dumb move any way you slice it.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
                      Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                        The 4-3 wasn't terrible.

The players in the 4-3 were terrible.

The 3-4 is gonna suck just as hard for him this year. He brought in no players to help that front 7 transition to the 3-4 outside of Ayers.

And Ayers isn't a 3-4 LB at all.

They want to run him in a hybrid role, and I can understand that, but its hard to do so when everyone around the guy is crap.

You can only be versatile with your personnel when you have other players that allow for such versatility to happen without a dropoff in team production.
                        That's what I meant, the current defense employing the 4-3 set was terrible, not the scheme. An overhaul to the 3-4 or staying in the 4-3 was needed. I would imagine that the defense will be more hybrid as they transition into the 3-4.

I agree that they didn't bring alot in to help the front 7, as I believe they should have. The only saving grace may be that a change in scheme could shake things up enough for the personnel, that they could be better. For instance, maybe Moss becomes a beast at 3-4 OLB (or at least serviceable), whereas he didn't do much at DE in the 4-3. Who knows, it could happen.

Comment

That is if Moss doesn't retire.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigburt63 View Post
                            That's what I meant, the current defense employing the 4-3 set was terrible, not the scheme. An overhaul to the 3-4 or staying in the 4-3 was needed. I would imagine that the defense will be more hybrid as they transition into the 3-4.

I agree that they didn't bring alot in to help the front 7, as I believe they should have. The only saving grace may be that a change in scheme could shake things up enough for the personnel, that they could be better. For instance, maybe Moss becomes a beast at 3-4 OLB (or at least serviceable), whereas he didn't do much at DE in the 4-3. Who knows, it could happen.
                            they basically just need to completely overhaul the entire front 7. Ayers is a start. Dumerville can stay on board. But thats about it as far as im concerned.

3-4 ILBs are easy to find. You can get those in the middle rounds. But that front 3 is very tough to find. Thats gonna be the hard part to draft for.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                              they basically just need to completely overhaul the entire front 7. Ayers is a start. Dumerville can stay on board. But thats about it as far as im concerned.

3-4 ILBs are easy to find. You can get those in the middle rounds. But that front 3 is very tough to find. Thats gonna be the hard part to draft for.
                              No doubt, that defense was not a one offseason fix IMO. It can improve, but not into a stud defense without that DL. I was surprised they didn't go DL early, as BB does that alot (3 first round picks on the DL, with Brace a 2nd rounder this year). Pioli did the same thing in KC this year with Jackson at #3, somewhat surprising until you look at the way he drafted with BB in NE.

Comment

Jarvis Moss was going to retire?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information