Colts bench LT Tony Ugoh

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What a surprise.................

Or maybe it was just Mannings quick release that made him look better than he really is...like many people have been saying for a long time...

Comment

Hell, I'll take him in Dallas. He's better than Doug Free as a future at LT.

BoneKrusher

Comment

never rated him, got good press because people thought his low sacks allowed numbers meant he was doing a great job. was a product of manning's quick release.

Comment

Peyton's quick release and pocket presence obviously makes everyone look better, but the guys in front of him aren't bums. They aren't world-beaters in run-blocking, certainly, but pass pro is their forte and they can be good. Peyton covers up the occassional mistakes.

Ugoh has nimble feet and long arms, has natural agility that can also be showcased in moving to the second level if he gets the chance. And whenever he's free he immediately aims to put a hit on a defender and help his back get more yards, one of things I really like about him.

I think he's underrated as a run defender, the problem is that the Colts (for whatever reason) just don't run enough behind him. They average their best yards per carry when they do, but they just don't do enough of it. I wish they would, once all this nonsense is over with.

All reports were that he was having a good camp so far, battling against the likes of Freeney and Mathis daily mind you, so this whole thing really strikes me as puzzling and frankly stupid.

But as I said earlier, I still refuse to believe that a healthy Tony Ugoh won't be starting at left tackle come the start of the regular season. And I wouldn't right him off, he's just entering his third year, plus my feeling is that he'll be with the Colts after 2010.
          Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

Last year in only 12 starts he gave up 3 sacks, 11 QB hits and 29 pressures. You can't afford for your LT to give up almost a hit a game, gotta protect peyton.

Comment

Originally posted by xooberon View Post
              Last year in only 12 starts he gave up 3 sacks, 11 QB hits and 29 pressures. You can't afford for your LT to give up almost a hit a game, gotta protect peyton.
              As opposed to the several hits per game Charlie Johnson would give up?

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
              <Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge

Comment

Originally posted by Dam8610 View Post
                I don't know, lemme check my scouter...

it's... over 9000!!!!

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
                don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

Originally posted by Addict View Post

it's... over 9000!!!!
                  It wouldn't shock me.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

Comment

As a total, over 16 games, Charlie Johnson gave up 11 QB hits (0.6875 per game), while in the 5 games he started at Left Tackle, he gave up 7 QB Hits (1.4 hits per game).
                    Originally posted by George Carlin

In Football the object is for the Field General to be on target with his aerial assault, riddling the Defence by hitting his Receivers with deadly accuracy, in spite of the Blitz, even if he has to use the Shotgun. With short bullet passes and long bombs he marches his troops into enemy territory, balancing this aerial assault with a sustained ground attack which punches holes in the forward wall of the enemy’s Defensive Line.

In Baseball the object is to go home and be safe.

Comment

Originally posted by Seamus2602 View Post
                      As a total, over 16 games, Charlie Johnson gave up 11 QB hits (0.6875 per game), while in the 5 games he started at Left Tackle, he gave up 7 QB Hits (1.4 hits per game).
                      1.4 vs. .9, who's better?

Comment

It wouldn't shock me.
                        I spent time thinking of that joke, and all I get is this frosty reaction? You could at least type 'lol' just for my ego's sake. Harsh, man... that's harsh.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
                        don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

it's... over 9000!!!!
                          lol. there u go

Comment

I spent time thinking of that joke, and all I get is this frosty reaction? You could at least type 'lol' just for my ego's sake. Harsh, man... that's harsh.
                            I chuckled heartily, what I typed was my first though after the laugh.

Comment

This just makes no sense to me. JC is kind of pissing me off. Charlie Johnson is the guy I always would roll my eyes at when watching the O-line. He is not a starter...

Sig by BoneKrusher
                              Originally posted by killxswitch
                              Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.

Comment

At the end of the day it doesn't really matter who's where in practice before the first pre-season game. What matters is who's on that blindside when it's game one.

By that time Ugoh will be in place.

If not, he will be by week 2.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information