Brady Quinn tries cheating his way to the #1 QB spot

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by keylime_5 View Post
    B/C duh, I'd rather have Derek Anderson as a backup QB than a 5th or 6th round pick.
    Brett Ratliff is a perfectly good backup

Also

Browns QBs Derek Anderson dismissing his claim that QB Brady Quinn was stealing hand signals and providing them to the defense during Sunday's scrimmage: "It was all for fun and someone took it and ran with it. Obviously I have to be more careful with what I say."

Comment

Originally posted by Staubach12 View Post
      I think he will in time. Ultimately, though, I think he's the future of that team.
      Which is great but till he does he must sit the bench.
      Stafford Sig by touchdownrams the rest of the sig by Sig Master Bone Krusher Avy by King of all avys renji

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Originally posted by njx9
      oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.

Comment

Originally posted by WinslowBodden View Post
        I love how everyone is commenting on how ****** DA is and how amazing Brady Quinn is.

Throughout camp the word has been that DA has outplayed Quinn the entire time.
        Where did you get this info from? I've read nothing of this and have only read that neither is pulling ahead in the race.

Let's get some activity going in the Cleveland sub-forum!

Comment

Originally posted by j05son View Post
          Where did you get this info from? I've read nothing of this and have only read that neither is pulling ahead in the race.
          Maybe it wasn't worded correctly. Everytime I have read a report on training camp for a certain day it has been "Derek Anderson slightly outplayed Quinn today" I haven't read that Quinn has outplayed DA once, my point being that I don't get why everyone is basically raving about Quinn and saying he should instantly be the starter and how DA sucks yet Quinn cant even seem to pull away from DA in training camp.

Comment

Originally posted by wonderbredd24 View Post
            Brett Ratliff is a perfectly good backup

Also
            Ratliff is a good backup. But Anderson is a good backup too, and is worth more than a 5th/6th. I'd rather have either a 4th rounder or better, or a veteran player in exchange. Bad value otherwise.

Comment

I think Mangini is going to surprise alot of people and starts DA for this season, I haven't heard a single good thing about Quinn so far and at the training camps I went to he was constantly under-throwing deep balls and overthrowing short passes.

Don't take me as a DA guy or a Quinn guy w/e... I want the best QB to start. At this moment I believe DA gives us a better chance to win, therefore I would prefer if he starts.

Comment

Don't take me as a DA guy or a Quinn guy w/e... I want the best QB to start. At this moment I believe DA gives us a better chance to win, therefore I would prefer if he starts.
                Which means you're a DA guy...

Comment

Originally posted by JeffSamardzijaIRISH View Post
                  Which means you're a DA guy...
                  Not really, he just wants whats best for his team, if DA is actually playing better at this point in time than that's who he wants.

A DA guy would want him no matter what just like nearly every Browns fan wants Quinn no matter what.

Comment

I think Mangini is going to surprise alot of people and starts DA for this season, I haven't heard a single good thing about Quinn so far and at the training camps I went to he was constantly under-throwing deep balls and overthrowing short passes.

I think Anderson has to convincingly outperform Quinn in the preseason games for DA to start the season. DA has had 2 years as a starter and it's apparent so far that teams have figured him out. Accuracy and short passing has been a dreadful flaw for him, we know what we have with DA. Quinn has never been given a chance to prove himself. I think they'll give him the season to prove himself so they'll know exactly how the QB situation stands going into 2010. That's the whole reason the Cleveland media said before camp that the competition was just for show, by the book. DA has to really blow Quinn away.

Comment

I would worry about Braylon Edwards' stone hands more than the QB debate. It doesn't matter who is throwing it, if Edwards doesn't step up then the passing game won't be good enough anyway.

Comment

I would say that Brady may not have to cheat anymore. Anderson played awful against the Packers last night and Quinn looked pretty good outside of his one interception in the endzone that could have been avoided if Edwards hadn't dropped a TD pass the play before.

Comment

Derek Anderson only looks good when everything around him goes perfectly.

When teams get pressure on him, he folds like a house of cards. He has no pocket awareness and his decision making is iffy. On top of that, his accuracy is mediocre. Supposedly, he's improved on the accuracy, but his pocket awareness is still bad as is his decision making as illustrated in the preseason game.

I also think Quinn is better in the huddle... Anderson just comes off as a space cadet.

If you ask me, it has always been Quinn's job to lose. He's much better on gameday than he is in practice.

Comment

EDIT: Wrong thread.

Comment

You know what they say......If you aint cheatin, you aint tryin.

Comment

Originally posted by AJHawk50 View Post
                                Brady Quinn should be the starting QB for them this year, he has more upside
                                lmao. I had to do a double take there.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information