No announcement yet.

Thomas Jones to an NFC West team rumor

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think Arizona can't be ruled out. Wells is always injured. I know it's his old team, but there's a new regime there with no memory of his past.

Biggest concern would be who is going to pick up the rest of his contract. $20M left or something???

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
      Thomas Jones is not a power runner. He's a cutback runner.
      Spot on, spot on. He does have some power to him, but I agree with Bearfan_51's assessment.

I'm very interested to see if this is true...

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Originally posted by dRaFtDoRk
      You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.

Comment

I have thought for awhile it's Seattle for or including Deion Branch, I honestly don't think it could be another team other then Seattle.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
        I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

I think he'll be working with his brother in Seattle.

BoneKrusher

Comment

The only team in the division that even makes sense is Seattle.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

why the hell would we want Branch?!? OVERRATED

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Originally posted by dRaFtDoRk
              You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.

Comment

I think Arizona would be a good fit. Wells can't carry the load by himself. Hes always getting hurt.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig

Comment

Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                  I think Arizona can't be ruled out. Wells is always injured. I know it's his old team, but there's a new regime there with no memory of his past.

Biggest concern would be who is going to pick up the rest of his contract. $20M left or something???
                  Actually not a major concern. He's playing this year for next to nothing (900k in base salary, he counts for 2.5 million against the cap for the Jets) and he's going to be cut after this season in all likelihood because it'll result in significant cap savings (7.4 mill against the cap, 5.9 of which will be saved by cutting him) and it's the last year of his contract. So he's got like 10 million against the cap for 2 more years, but it's really just this year.

Don't think this happens, though if it does Shonn Greene would definitely be a fantasy monster. Also would be curious to see if it's for picks or a WR, I'd imagine since nobody is going to trade a legit WR for Jones and it wouldn't be that much of an upgrade the trade woudl be for picks.

Comment

Originally posted by D-Unit View Post

I don't see it being AZ, we dont have the cap space and Hightower and Wells are good options

Comment

Not that it makes this impossible, but Rex Ryan just vehemently shot down these rumors. Just something to add to the equation of whether or not this is going to happen.

Comment

Working...
                      X

Debug Information