Top 5 Offensive Lines in the NFL

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GhostDeini View Post
    Everybody that left Vikings completely off their lists lost credibility. They are the best unit in the league and only getting better with Loadholt. He might not win ROY but he'll have biggest impact of all the rookies. Giants are next. Ravens & Dolphins oline's have a chance to be really good.

Who is their center now?

Also, Loadholt's feet terrify me, so I'll wait and see. If they are as bad as some people fear, he's going to be a human turnstyle

Comment

Even the Vikings fans say that the pass protection is average at best

Comment

I personally don't understand all the man love for the Giants offensive line. It is not the best in the league, id rank it #5 at best.

We are probably the best run blocking unit in the league, but as far as pass protection goes, we're easily middle tier. There are tons of lines better in pass protection than the Giants line.

Our OTs are nothing to brag about in pass protection.

To be the best oline, you have to be great in both the run game, and pass protection.

1. Tennessee
        2. Philly
        3. Carolina
        4. Denver
        5. Giants

Comment

I understand why people like Philly's line, but here's the problem. Am I wrong or are 4 of their likely starters dealing with injuries? For a line that has not played together at all yet, it makes it difficult to gel.

Comment

i concur. i was kinda surprised to see them on here a lot

Comment

I also don't understand the love for Philly's O-Line. They haven't even played a game together so how do we know how could they will be. They have the potential to be one of the best but we can't say they are their yet.
              #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

I like the Browns line alot. Maybe not top 5 but I didn't feel like repeating the same lists everyone else posted.

Thomas and Steinbach have been great and they added Mack in the draft. That has potential to be an awesome line.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig

Comment

Originally posted by Smooth Criminal View Post
                  I like the Browns line alot. Maybe not top 5 but I didn't feel like repeating the same lists everyone else posted.

Thomas and Steinbach have been great and they added Mack in the draft. That has potential to be an awesome line.
                  I agree, but right tackle needs a more permanent solution. I imagine St. Clair will be serviceable, but he's not the answer there.

Comment

My list wouldn't be anything different than what has been posted. Any combination with the Titans first, then the Giants, Broncos, Panthers, Eagles, Vikings following them in any order can't be wrong.

Comment

The Broncos, Saints, and Patriots success in pass blocking should largely be accredited to the (previous) QBs of those team. On paper, the Broncos and Saints look great in pass blocking because of the low number of sacks given up, but a lot of that has to do with Cutler and Brees getting rid of the ball quickly. Look at what happened to the Patriots and Saints as an example.

In 578 drop backs during 2007, the offensive line gave up 21 sacks to Tom Brady. In 516 drop backs during 2008, the offensive line gave up 47 sacks to Matt Cassel.

In 2005, the Saints gave up 41 sacks. A year later, they gave up 23 sacks. The difference? Drew Brees.

Let's see how Clady and the Broncos offensive line does with the departure of Jay Cutler before placing them on a top 5 offensive line list. Here is mine:

1. Tennessee Titans - Dominant. Which team gave up the least sacks last year? Who was the least sacked QB in the NFL last year? If you answered the Titans and Kerry frickin Collins, then you are right. Not only that, but the team was #7 in rushing yards. Not shabby.

2. New York Giants - Chemistry over talent. I don't believe that the Giants have the most talented offensive line (that could go to rival Philadelphia), but the way that this offensive line has gelled together to be a great run blocking team and good in pass protection.

3. Carolina Panthers - Balanced. With Gross holding down the left side against pass rushers and Otah mauling other plays on the right, this is one of the best run blocking lines in the NFL.

4. Philadelphia Eagles - Talented. I need to see them play together before I think they are a top 3 unit. Playing together is important for an offensive line so let's see how they do.

5. Ravens/Jets/Vikings

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

Comment

I think Cleveland's being underrated. With injuries to steinbach and tucker last year, and really bad play by shaffer and fraley the browns gave up the eighth fewest sacks in the league.

They've drafted the best center in the draft to replace fraley, and have replaced shaffer with St. Clair. St. Clair wasn't a very good left tackle in pass protection, but now he is on the right side where his excellent run blocking will show.

Tucker and steinbach are healthy, and there is competition for the right guard slot. The line has a lot of depth.

Comment

win
                          We ALL bleed scarlet
                          New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
                          UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
                          Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
                          BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

You sir, are mistaken.....

win

Originally posted by Jurrell Casey
                            I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin

Comment

he is old and did not go to Rutgers, thus making him not Shaun O'Hara win
                              We ALL bleed scarlet
                              New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
                              UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
                              Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
                              BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

I guess you might as well stick a fork in me then.

Originally posted by Jurrell Casey
                                I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information