Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cutler wants say in final roster

http://www.dailyherald.com/story/?id=313503&src=148

"Oh yeah," Cutler said. "I think they're definitely going to ask me. If they don't ask me, I'm going to tell them what I think because I've got to be the one throwing to them on game day, and I've got to trust them. But (offensive coordinator) Ron (Turner) and I have been on the same page since the start of training camp in what guys we wanted to see working in with me and what guys have stepped up and what direction we want to go with this group."

According to coach Lovie Smith, players have input, but only so much.

"Yeah, sure, all the players have influence, I mean we listen to them," he said. "Of course we'll listen to the quarterback, and not only the quarterback, but the rest of our team, too. We want to know how a player fits into the rest of the group. The quarterback has to feel comfortable with the receivers, so we listen to them but in the end we know who is going to make those kinds of decisions."

Smith said the starters could play into the second quarter in Buffalo, so Cutler will get a chance to evaluate his receivers in game conditions.

"I just want to see them in action, just to see how they react when the lights come on," Cutler said. "The speed's going to be a little bit different. It'll be faster for them. Things will be moving at a different speed. The coaches aren't going to be out there. They're going to have to react on their own."

I dont think its as demanding as the thread title sounds. I would imagine that he has some say in who he is throwing the ball to, which up to this point he has already put in a good word for 2 recievers who then have gotten to try playing with the #1 team.

Originally posted by BeansDooma
    who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?

Comment

i'm sure turner (hopefully) would do what any good OC would do and see who, naturally, the QB has a good rapport with...

which is all cutler is 'hopefully' asking... and all the staff will probably give him.
      http://i38.tinypic.com/2aj2s7t.jpg
      For a good time call (303) 499-7111.whitspacsig by steel man

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"

Comment

What quarterback wouldn't want a say in the final roster? Can't blame him for saying this because if they put talent on the field that he doesn't have the timing with or isn't in sync with, then the results are going to be that great.

BoneKruser with the DOPE sig

Comment

It's only news because Cutler said it. The media will do anything to keep beating on his drums this offseason. Truth be told, all QBs do this.

Comment

It's not like he's demanding anything, but I really believe that Cutler doesn't understand he's just a player on the roster like everyone else. First the shrieky meltdown over trade talks, then this...get some perspective, Jay.

Comment

ZOMGZ CUTLERZZZzzz

Comment

Originally posted by CC.SD View Post
                It's not like he's demanding anything, but I really believe that Cutler doesn't understand he's just a player on the roster like everyone else. First the shrieky meltdown over trade talks, then this...get some perspective, Jay.
                ....someone doesn't like Cutler

Jay didn't want to play in Denver. That is his call. They are his emotions and his thoughts. The coach was a D-bag to him. The organization made it a public match. Jay simply didn't want to play for that coach. It wasn't a 'meltdown' unless you look at it from the Denver perspective. Jay was strong with his intentions and got out of that crap situation. Why doesn't he have a right to do that? Odds are there were things done to lead to that situation, and they aren't all on Jay.

Get some perspective? You don't think QBs get input on teams? I'm talking those QBs who are set on their teams, not someone in a battle or in question. This is something that is obvious. Read his quote - "I think they're definitely going to ask me. If they don't ask me, I'm going to tell them what I think because I've got to be the one throwing to them on game day, and I've got to trust them." I don't see what is wrong with this. He THINKS they are going to ask him. If not, he's going to provide his input, they can choose to take it or leave it. He is leading this offense, and he has stake in it too.

Not a shot or anything, but maybe you are the one who needs some perspective.

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Originally posted by dRaFtDoRk
                You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.

Comment

Why is this even news?
                  Quarterbacks let coaches know who they like working with all the time. Captains have a say in who they want in the locker room. It's the coaches decision, but players can at least let the coach know what they think.

Comment

Who gives a ****? Why do people try and constantly stir things up?

If you actually heard the interview he said that he and Turner have been on the same page this offseason in terms of who they are looking at.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
                    Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

Originally posted by CC.SD View Post
                      I find it funny you attack Jay on this when you probably have the biggest douche in the league under center as your QB.

Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

Originally posted by sweetness34 View Post
                        I find it funny you attack Jay on this when you probably have the biggest douche in the league under center as your QB.

You really didn't have to take it there, but since you did, Rivers poops out more character than Jay Cutler will ever have. If I were a bear fan, I'd be worried about him imploding the entire team, and that's not an exagerration.
                        aka KGB Chicken

Comment

Originally posted by San Diego Chicken View Post
                          You really didn't have to take it there, but since you did, Rivers poops out more character than Jay Cutler will ever have. If I were a bear fan, I'd be worried about him imploding the entire team, and that's not an exagerration.
                          awwwwwwwwwwwww how cute, sounds like a disgruntled Charger fan hating on a former bronco

Comment

Another non-issue. I'll toss this one on the same pile as "McDaniel's latest screw up."

And I must say I misjudged Cutler previously on the Cutler vs. Rivers douchbaggery debate. So I will extend my apologies to Rivers as it is now clear to me that the 2 remain in a dead heat for that particular award.

At least River has my respect for his gutsy performance playing through injury in the playoffs a few years back.

Slight edge: Cutler . . . way to be a bigger douche. lol

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

Comment

Originally posted by San Diego Chicken View Post
                              There was no need for him to comment on Jay's character since this was a complete non-issue, but since he did I figured I'd give him some perspective that the QB you guys root for also happens to be a douche bag. Rivers and character in the same sentence is absolutely hilarious.

I don't claim Jay to be a saint, he's definitely a guy that can rub you the wrong way but for a Charger fan to claim that Jay lacks character, I find that amusing.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information