Cutler wants say in final roster

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by San Diego Chicken View Post
    You really didn't have to take it there, but since you did, Rivers poops out more character than Jay Cutler will ever have. If I were a bear fan, I'd be worried about him imploding the entire team, and that's not an exagerration.
    Definitely an exaggeration.

Comment

Originally posted by tjsunstein View Post
      You really didn't have to take it there, but since you did, Rivers poops out more character than Jay Cutler will ever have. If I were a bear fan, I'd be worried about him imploding the entire team, and that's not an exagerration.
      Definitely an exaggeration.
      See, I think you just read it wrong. What SDChicken must have been implying was that Rivers literally poops out all his character, thereby having none remaining to display publicly. So his douchebaggery is apparently the result of some bizarre medical condition.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

Comment

Umm, I think that's the very definition of an exaggeration.

Comment

What's up with Chargers fans being so negative? Seriously. You live in the nicest city in America and your team has been a winner for the past 5-6 seasons. Go to the beach and chill out. I'd understand if you were from Detroit.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Also, Cutler is not "just another player." He's the starting quarterback and one of the best in the league.

You think Peyton Manning doesn't walk around like he's king ****? Gimme a break.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Shouldn't even be news, just some dummy trying to create news instead of report news.

Comment

So who are the receivers Cutler has been connecting with most in TC? Who are his "trusted" ones?

The Bennett connection is easy to look at and talk words about it. But is there real substance behind it all? Who is Cutler really looking at?

Comment

Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                  So who are the receivers Cutler has been connecting with most in TC? Who are his "trusted" ones?

The Bennett connection is easy to look at and talk words about it. But is there real substance behind it all? Who is Cutler really looking at?

Comment

You guys really don't want to know what WRs Cutler has said he wants to keep...

Comment

I love that he's not afraid to step up and take charge. He's a great leader. He's gonna be great here.

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                        What's up with Chargers fans being so negative? Seriously. You live in the nicest city in America and your team has been a winner for the past 5-6 seasons. Go to the beach and chill out. I'd understand if you were from Detroit.
                        I went surfing this morning before work. A little overcast, the water was cool, but I like it like that. Board's still in the truck bed and I might go again after work.
                        aka KGB Chicken

Comment

Oh my god, if people are going to cry and randomly bring up Rivers every time I voice an opinion about Cutler, I'll stop.

Just kidding, I still think it's pretty funny. Because now it's the Bears fans!

God forbid the guy get discussed on a message board during the same offseason he literally whined his way out of Denver.

I don't think I'm negative BF, usually I am pretty sunny...

Comment

Originally posted by The Great Jonathan Vilma View Post
                            ....someone doesn't like Cutler

Jay didn't want to play in Denver. That is his call. They are his emotions and his thoughts. The coach was a D-bag to him. The organization made it a public match. Jay simply didn't want to play for that coach. It wasn't a 'meltdown' unless you look at it from the Denver perspective. Jay was strong with his intentions and got out of that crap situation. Why doesn't he have a right to do that? Odds are there were things done to lead to that situation, and they aren't all on Jay.

Get some perspective? You don't think QBs get input on teams? I'm talking those QBs who are set on their teams, not someone in a battle or in question. This is something that is obvious. Read his quote - "I think they're definitely going to ask me. If they don't ask me, I'm going to tell them what I think because I've got to be the one throwing to them on game day, and I've got to trust them." I don't see what is wrong with this. He THINKS they are going to ask him. If not, he's going to provide his input, they can choose to take it or leave it. He is leading this offense, and he has stake in it too.

Not a shot or anything, but maybe you are the one who needs some perspective.
                            Come on, this is definitely a shot, and an unncessary one. My only statement was that Jay doesn't view himself as a player on the roster, but rather something more. Which to some degree is true, because he is more important, but that's not how business in the NFL works, at least when it's going smoothly.

It wasn't Jays' "call" to decide where he wanted to play. I can understand that somehow you came down on his side but seriously the guy was under contract and beloved by the fans. He added substantially to the pile of crap that got him out of Denver.

He was offended at the potential TB trade, and by not brushing it aside and going about his business, he turned it into something bigger. It was Cutler's side that made it a public match, don't forget.

And I believe the Denver situation definitely qualifies as a meltdown. Terrible communication and mistakes on both sides sent the single most important player on the squad packing. I'm hardly the first to use the term, is this really something you have an issue with?

I'm sure QBs do get input on team makeup...but why is Cutler going out of his way to say that if they don't ask him, he is going to tell them (management.)? Especially...to the press?

It's not necessary. It doesn't make him look better. If anything he's calling out the Bears FO to include him, which isn't ideal behavior for a franchise QB.

One last thing; just because I'm a Bolt fan doesn't mean I don't have reasoning behind my opinions:

I don't think I'm the only person to not be a fan of Cutler's behavior, quotes, and actions this offseason. The only reason I've bothered typing this out is because I was literally called out for having lost perspective. So there's my perspective. Is it really that offensive?

I think Jay is going to have a great career in Chicago btw. He's clearly an ace on the field.

Comment

So how did Rivers get into this?

Comment

Originally posted by sweetness34 View Post
                                I find it funny you attack Jay on this when you probably have the biggest douche in the league under center as your QB.
                                Ummm, I hardly see how his statement was an "attack" of any sort.

I'm almost mad that Jay isn't in Denver anymore just because I wanted to see him and Rivers go at it for another 8 years, it's obvious these fans don't really like eachother very much.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                                I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information