No announcement yet.

Joe Horn to Atlanta

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's a solid signing. Gets another guy who can offer some consistency in there. I'm not sure how much it upgrades. Let's not underrate the return of Brian Finneran either, who is a very solid target, especially across the middle, allowing for Crumpler to be utilized in different ways.

Comment

I wonder about Finneran. He wasthe best receiver on the team. I am concerned though about his speed. He was slow already, now with that ACL tear at 31 years old, will he be able to separate?

Comment

Now Vick has a guy that can catch

Comment

Originally posted by 49erfaithful View Post
          Maybe it will be contagious...

Comment

Originally posted by 49erfaithful View Post
            but the guy has no one throwing to him.

Comment

I really like this signing, makes a lot of sense.

Comment

great move by atl. a vet that can teach these kids how to catch. plus he plays new orleans twice a yr

credit to cardsalltheway

Comment

Originally posted by JF4 View Post
                  I wonder how long this thread will take to turn into a Vick bashing thread.

Too bad vick is throwing him the ball LOL
                  RIP Sean Michael Taylor

Comment

With Vick at QB, you could give him Steve Smith, Santana Moss, Randy Moss, and Torry Holt and he'd maybe raise his completion percentage 1 point.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiver View Post
                      It probably won't even get to page 2 for that. That's why I relish in the Falcons team board, because we actually talk about the other 52 players.. LOL
                      Wait, you mean Atlanta has players other than Vick?

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau

Comment

It's mind blowing, I know.

Comment

Originally posted by Non_Sequitur View Post
                          With Vick at QB, you could give him Steve Smith, Santana Moss, Randy Moss, and Torry Holt and he'd maybe raise his completion percentage 1 point.
                          YEAH! THERE WE GO!

I do wonder what we are gonna do with Finneran. I was really anticipating his return to the line up, seeing that he was a solid reciever, but now with Horn I wonder how he fits into all of this. But Shiver did bring up good points about how difficult it would be for him to get separation, but he was good at making catches without being separated. I think he can be a great 4th option. Same with Roddy being a 3rd reciever. Whenever teams play man to man against us, I hope Vick can take advantage (and the recievers can catch).

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

Comment

I doubt he even passed his physical. I've read multiple reports that the Saints didn't release him due to money, but released him because he couldn't pass one.

Anyway, I'll go back to having Joe as one of my favorite players once his playing career is over (shouldn't be too long). I just simply can't cheer for him anymore now that he signed with a division rival.

He's a shell of his former self. Enjoy him.
                            The Poster Formerly Known As #1SaintsFan

Sig by jkpigskin

Comment

He passed his physical with the Falcons, when he visited. Otherwise they wouldn't have signed him. Just like they didn't immediately sign Grady Jackson last year, until he showed up in better shape a month later. I think the rumors that he didn't pass one with the Saints were started up to deflect some of the criticism, because it obviously wasn't going to be a popular move. As for what I expect from him on the field, I don't expect old school, '01 - '04 Joe Horn by any means.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiver View Post
                                He passed his physical with the Falcons, when he visited. Otherwise they wouldn't have signed him. Just like they didn't immediately sign Grady Jackson last year, until he showed up in better shape a month later. I think the rumors that he didn't pass one with the Saints were started up to deflect some of the criticism, because it obviously wasn't going to be a popular move. As for what I expect from him on the field, I don't expect old school, '01 - '04 Joe Horn by any means.
                                I just hope we didnt pay him like 01-04 Joe Horn
                                Page 49, Atlanta Falcons Gameday Thread- Best...Page...Ever

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information