No announcement yet.

Joe Horn to Atlanta

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's what I am waiting to see. Hopefully that won't be the case.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiver View Post
      That's what I am waiting to see. Hopefully that won't be the case.

How much cap room do the falcons have?

If they can fit him comfortably under the cap, its a solid move imo.

Comment

Well, 01-04 Joe Horn played in an entirely different salary cap era.

Comment

Originally posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post
          How much cap room do the falcons have?

If they can fit him comfortably under the cap, its a solid move imo.
          6$ Million prior to this, as well as the Lewis Sanders, signing. Though the team could cut a few veterans.

Comment

I think the rumors that he didn't pass one with the Saints were started up to deflect some of the criticism, because it obviously wasn't going to be a popular move. As for what I expect from him on the field, I don't expect old school, '01 - '04 Joe Horn by any means.
            He should be a solid mentor for the younger receivers, Marques Colston said Joe helped ease him in early on.

However my main concern is injuries, he hasn't been able to finish out the season the past 2 years and age is catching up to him at 35.

I know a lot of Saints fans are be bitter at him right now. Imagine one of the fan favorites from your team, going to an arch rival..and that's how most Saints fans feel right now.
            Last edited by Auron; 03-07-2007, 06:20 PM.

Comment

According to NFL Netowork, SI, and the AJC, Michael Smith jumped the gun. They are finalizing the deal, it isn't signed yet.

"It's not done yet,'' Falcons spokesman Reggie Roberts said on Wednesday night. "We haven't signed a contract, so he's not an Atlanta Falcon. We haven't reached an agreement, so he's not an Atlanta Falcon.''

Comment

I wonder about Finneran. He wasthe best receiver on the team. I am concerned though about his speed. He was slow already, now with that ACL tear at 31 years old, will he be able to separate?

We'll have to wait and see, but his value was always more in his ability to work the crossing/middle stuff and act as a safety valve, and while a loss of foot speed may hurt, I'm not sure how significant of an impact it would have in the relative role he may play as a depth WR as the number 3 or 4 option. Smart scheming will find a place for a safety target like Finneran, and considering the talent around, I think even if he has lost a step, he still has imminent value with his skillset.

Comment

Originally posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
                  YEAH! THERE WE GO!

I do wonder what we are gonna do with Finneran. I was really anticipating his return to the line up, seeing that he was a solid reciever, but now with Horn I wonder how he fits into all of this. But Shiver did bring up good points about how difficult it would be for him to get separation, but he was good at making catches without being separated. I think he can be a great 4th option. Same with Roddy being a 3rd reciever. Whenever teams play man to man against us, I hope Vick can take advantage (and the recievers can catch).
                  How long does Jenkins have on his rookie contract?

Comment

He signed a 6-year deal initially, with the final year being voidable. So he's a Falcon for a couple more years at the least.

Comment

He signed a 6-year deal initially, with the final year being voidable. So he's a Falcon for a couple more years at the least.

What do you think of jenkins and white? I heard one wouldnt be on the roster next year, but things seemed to have changed.

Comment

They've struggled with bouts of inconsistency, both good and bad. I still have hope for them. Both of them are still young.

Comment

Originally posted by Non_Sequitur View Post
                          With Vick at QB, you could give him Steve Smith, Santana Moss, Randy Moss, and Torry Holt and he'd maybe raise his completion percentage 1 point.
                          Well thought out! Thank you for that post. I feel much more informed on the entire Vick situation.

Comment

I really like this move for the Falcons. Bringing in a mentor type with Horn, as well as an emotional player that is an established receiver, he helps the Falcons in multiple ways. I think this is going to end up being one of the biggest FA impacts one way or another.

That is correct comahan
                            I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                            <3 dg

Comment

Just adds more fuel to the NO/ATL rivalry. *le sigh*
                              The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

The Falcons should view this as a guy who can mentor the WR core and bring stability and leadership to an offense without it. I think he can be an Amani Toomer like player, the nice dumpoff option who can bring some balance to the pass game with reliable hands that Vick can check down to.

I think he shouldn't be viewed as a PB player however. If he does wind up being that, fine, gravy on top, but that shouldn't be the expectations coming in.

Good move for ATL if the price is right.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information