McGahee Traded to Ravens

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
    I said your Line is comparable and I could see where youd think its better but every other position we are better at. Meaning offense and defense. I wasnt talking about o-line or just offense for that matter. I actually wasnt even being serious but more so saying it in a sarcastic manner like "my dad can beat up your dad (which he could my dads pretty tough)". It just seems like your kind of sour about the whole trade and no matter what anyone has said about any aspect of the trade youve been kind of girlish about the whole thing. I mean toonster said something about the value of the picks and you had a problem with that. I seriously dont care who has the better line nor do I care who got the better part of the trade.
    Sour? Quite the contrary actually! I have honestly never been more happy to see a Buffalo Bill leaving the team.

I had no problem with toonster's assessment, I actually told him that I really liked how he said that you can invest this year and your investment will grow by this time next year. If I could give him more rep, I would, but I have already given him too much.

I don't really see how I'm being "girlish" on the issue at all. I'm just calling them like I see them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Non_Sequitur View Post
      Pick 92 = 132
      Pick 220 = 4.8
      Future 3rd = 48

Total = 184.8

The 17th pick in the 3rd round is Pick 81.

Pick 81 = 185

You traded McGahee for essentially a mid 3rd rounder.
      ...even though we got two third rounders and a seventh. One of the 3rd rounders could very well be higher than a mid-3rd as well. The "value" of the deal tells a very different story than it actually is.

Comment

• Originally posted by art vandelay View Post
        ...even though we got two third rounders and a seventh. One of the 3rd rounders could very well be higher than a mid-3rd as well. The "value" of the deal tells a very different story than it actually is.
        That's the key word.

And look at it this way:

The Jets essentially traded the value of the 3rd pick in the 3rd round for Thomas Jones. The Bills essentailly traded away Willis McGahee for the value of the 17th pick in the 3rd round.

The Bears got more for Thomas Jones than the Bills got for Willis McGahee.
        Last edited by Non_Sequitur; 03-09-2007, 02:28 PM.

Comment

That's the key word.
          Regardless...I think most people would take 2 later 3rd rounders and a 7th over a mid-3rd.

Comment

That's the key word.

And look at it this way:

The Jets essentially traded the value of the 3rd pick in the 3rd round for Thomas Jones. The Bills essentailly traded away Willis McGahee for the value of the 17th pick in the 3rd round.

The Bears got more for Thomas Jones than the Bills got for Willis McGahee.
            Are you just trying to piss me off? The Bills got 3 picks and the Bears just kept one. "Value" is pretty overrated. Plenty of 2nd rounders bust, and we got 3 picks which obviously lowers the bust rate of our players. In all honesty, homerism aside, I would rather have 3 picks (2 thirds and a seventh) rather than just one (high 2nd).

Sure, you could land a great "prospect" with the pick that the Bears acquire, but the draft is a huge crapshoot. 3 players are better than 1. That's just how I look at it.

Comment

• I wouldn't really call the 7th a pick it's more like 2 picks. The 7th is the 3rd to last pick in the draft so basically the guy they draft there probably won't make the roster and he would probably be someone they could sign undrafted anyways.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
              http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
              Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
              http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

• Marv Levy spoke about that very thing yesterday. He was very happy with the 7th and said that guarantees you a player which you would want to sign as a UDFA. Plus, we very rarely cut players that we draft. All of our players usually make our team.

Comment

• Ghetto, we have actually had very good success recently with UDFA. A good number have made the roster and some have made huge contributions (Jason Peters). Keith Ellison came up huge last year too as well as Terrance Pennington. They were 6th and 7th rounders (I think) and started a good portion of the games. The Bills do well late in the draft.
                  When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

Comment

• Originally posted by art vandelay View Post
                    Are you just trying to piss me off? The Bills got 3 picks and the Bears just kept one. "Value" is pretty overrated. Plenty of 2nd rounders bust, and we got 3 picks which obviously lowers the bust rate of our players. In all honesty, homerism aside, I would rather have 3 picks (2 thirds and a seventh) rather than just one (high 2nd).

Sure, you could land a great "prospect" with the pick that the Bears acquire, but the draft is a huge crapshoot. 3 players are better than 1. That's just how I look at it.

I'm sure 32 teams wish you were a GM of another team if you'd take what you got over what the Bears.

I'm not trying to "piss you off." But every GM looks at the trade value chart. And the chart values what the Bears got for Jones over what the Bills got for McGahee. And I'll take a high 2nd rounder over a late 3rd tthis year, a 3rd next year, and a late 7th this year. Two quarters and a nickel don't a dollar make.

Comment

Working...
                    X

Debug Information