Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

POSTED 7:18 p.m. EST; UPDATED 7:26 p.m. EST, March 7, 2007

McGAHEE TO RAVENS TONIGHT OR TOMORROW?

A league source tells us that there's a good chance that the Buffalo Bill will trade running back Willis McGahee to the Baltimore Ravens on Wednesday night or Thursday.

Per the source, there are a couple of other teams still in the hunt for McGahee. As of now, however, the Ravens are at the front of the pack.

Also, a reader tells us that there are reports on Sirius NFL Radio that such a trade would entail Baltimore sending a second-round pick and a fifth-round pick to Buffalo.

If the trade happens, Ravens likely will be signing McGahee to a long-term deal. Based on recent contracts, McGahee could get $20 million in guaranteed money. (Ray Lewis will be thrilled with that.)

Meanwhile, the Bills are looking for McGahee's eventual replacement. Chris Brown visited Buffalo on Wednesday, and Corey Dillon is up next.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

thanks to steel man for the fresh sig

Comment

thank u I hope we get a extension or I will view it as a wasted pick.

Comment

Originally posted by Ravens1991 View Post
        thank u I hope we get a extension or I will view it as a wasted pick.
        It's definitely contingent on an extension, I would think.

Comment

yea it would be a dumb move anyway becaue could get a franchise RB like Hunt or Irons with that 2nd.

Comment

I definitely do not consider Hunt or Irons as franchise caliber backs. I would take Willis over them anyday.

Comment

What's wrong with McGahee to make them want to trade him?

Comment

Originally posted by comahan View Post
                I definitely do not consider Hunt or Irons as franchise caliber backs. I would take Willis over them anyday.
                Exactly. I think McGahee is better than any back we coudl have gotten in the 2nd round. Hes still young enough also that its not like we are trading all this away for someone whose ran into the ground already.

Comment

If true, the Bills probably got as good of value as they were going to get so good move, but I don't know where Baltimore is going to get the money to sign him long term

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

Originally posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
                    Exactly. I think McGahee is better than any back we coudl have gotten in the 2nd round. Hes still young enough also that its not like we are trading all this away for someone whose ran into the ground already.

What I really should have said is backs that we could get 5 years out of not 1 like Willis.

Comment

i just hope they don't take Lynch.

Sig thanks to mockalicious

Comment

Originally posted by Acreboy View Post
                        What's wrong with McGahee to make them want to trade him?
                        He doesn't want to play in Buffalo. Also, he didn't know the plays when he was on the field. A coach had to relay the play just to him because he had no clue when it was called in the huddle. Most likely because he didn't care to be there. THe rest of the team wanted him gone.

Comment

HAHAHAHAHAHA!

A 2nd rounder + for mcgahee! Ravens got ripped off...

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloDraftGeek View Post
                            HAHAHAHAHAHA!

A 2nd rounder + for mcgahee! Ravens got ripped off...
                            Bitter much?

Comment

Very good deal for the Ravens. He is definately an upgrade over what they had last year. Plus a 2nd rounder isn't to much to pay for this guy as he is pretty young still.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig

Comment

Damn, that would have been a hell of a deal for the browns. Instead we get the cast off (Jamal Lewis). Typical.

DChess resizing inc.

Reality is relative.

We don't give a DAMN for the whole state of Michigan

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information