No announcement yet.

McGahee Traded to Ravens

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can someone plaease explain to me what the exact picks that the Bills got were. Im hearing a 3rd and a 7th for this year and a 3rd for next year. I also heard that the Bills were picking up a 2nd this year. anyone????

Comment

• Originally posted by Non_Sequitur View Post
      Oh! Trade your first for him please! Please!
      What do you mean by this?

Comment

• Well we wasted a 3rd and 7th this year, and a 3rd next year, no 2nds involved.
        HALL OF FAMER!
        PUT ART MODELL IN THE HALL OF FAME!
        JUSTIN BLACKMON IS A GOLDEN GOD!

Xbox Live - Kevown8999

Comment

• Originally posted by Billingsley26 View Post
          can someone plaease explain to me what the exact picks that the Bills got were. Im hearing a 3rd and a 7th for this year and a 3rd for next year. I also heard that the Bills were picking up a 2nd this year. anyone????
          We got the Ravens 3rd rounder this year (#92 overall), 7th rounder (#220) and their 3rd Rounder last year (TBD).

According to the trade value chart, the trade package is worth anywhere from the 50th pick overall (18th pick in 2nd Round) to the 68th pick overall (4th pick in the 3rd round). The package is contingent on how the Ravens do next year (where their 3rd rounder will be in the draft). If I were to guess, I'd say that we are getting the value of a late 2nd round pick for McGahee.

However, I am glad that we got this value in 3 picks than in just 1, because we are a little short on picks this year and we can get some players that fit the Tampa 2 later in the draft due to the scheme itself. Plus, we obviously made our picks count last year in the draft! (6 rookies started and every one made the 53 man roster on opening day)
          Last edited by art vandelay; 03-08-2007, 02:10 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by art vandelay View Post
            What do you mean by this?
            thats what the chargers are asking to give him up.

Comment

We got the Ravens 3rd rounder this year (#92 overall), 7th rounder (#220) and their 3rd Rounder last year (TBD).

According to the trade value chart, the trade package is worth anywhere from the 50th pick overall (18th pick in 2nd Round) to the 68th pick overall (4th pick in the 3rd round). The package is contingent on how the Ravens do next year (where their 3rd rounder will be in the draft). If I were to guess, I'd say that we are getting the value of a late 2nd round pick for McGahee.

However, I am glad that we got this value in 3 picks than in just 1, because we are a little short on picks this year and we can get some players that fit the Tampa 2 later in the draft due to the scheme itself. Plus, we obviously made our picks count last year in the draft! (6 rookies started and every one made the 53 man roster on opening day)

According to the trade value chart the trade is worth 184.8 points.

Or the 17th pick in the 3rd round.

Comment

• Originally posted by Non_Sequitur View Post
                According to the trade value chart the trade is worth 184.8 points.

Or the 17th pick in the 3rd round.
                No, that's completely wrong. Show me your math.

Comment

• Originally posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
                  thats what the chargers are asking to give him up.
                  Since he got the highest tender for an RFA, it would require a 1st and a 3rd for us to sign him. In addition, according to this Rotoworld.com article, it doesn't sound like AJ Smith wants to trade him.

Chargers GM A.J. Smith doesn't sound willing to entertain trade offers for Michael Turner.
                  "It's over," Smith told the New York Daily News. "It'll take a 1 and a 3." No one is going to pay that price, so it looks like Turner will indeed back up LaDainian Tomlinson again in 2007. Keeper league owners should remain patient with Turner.
                  http://www.rotoworld.com/content/pla...rt=NFL&id=2641
                  However, many speculate that the Chargers can't afford to pay Turner the $2.8 million he is going to get just to backup LT. So I am not going to shut the door on it quite yet.

As for N_S - I think he was being ultra sarcastic though, and I was wondering why, because I think Turner is worth a 1st rounder.
                  Last edited by art vandelay; 03-08-2007, 02:33 PM.

Comment

• Also, McGahee got a huge deal from the Ravens.

McGAHEE DEAL: SEVEN YEARS, $40.12 MILLION

We're told that the Ravens and running back Willis McGahee are very close to agreeing on a seven-year deal worth $40.12 million.

As we previously explained, McGahee will receive $7.5 million to sign, an initial option bonus of $6 million, and a second option bonus of $1.5 million. The salaries are $595,000 in 2007, $605,000 in 2008, $620,000 in 2009, $3.6 million in 2010, $6.0 million in 2011, $6.5 million in 2012, and $7.2 million in 2013.

Since McGahee was due to earn $2.155 million in 2007, the deal is essentially a six-year extension worth $37.965 million.

If the Ravens cut McGahee before the back-end salaries kick in, he will earn a total of $20.42 million over four years.

www.profootballtalk.com

Comment

• thats a boat load he better get us 1200+ and 8+ TDs

Comment

• wow.........that much for willis is nuts.
                        When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

Comment

• Yeah, I agree that is alot for McGahee. Jones only got 4 years and $20 million.

Comment

• If we dont have enough $ for T-sizzle because of this guy I will got ape poop.

Comment

No, that's completely wrong. Show me your math.
                              It's not completely wrong at all. The value of future picks is pushed back a round, IE: a 3rd rounder in 2008 is worth the value of a 4th rounder in this year. Future picks are devalued. The value is about a mid-3rd pick if you consider the Ravens as around 8-8 next year (which is a little pessimistic) so it's actually likely going to be a little less than that.

I don't know what the market was for the Bills, but that's a pretty bad deal. Guess you take what you can get though.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Yeah, I agree that is alot for McGahee. Jones only got 4 years and $20 million.
                                The guaranteed money is about the same though. 13-14 million for Willis, 12 million for TJ.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information