Corey Williams to the Panthers?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CDCB14 View Post
    Decimated? Is that a joke? No offense to Peppers, but for their size difference, that is a PU**Y hit.
    thats anything but a ***** hit, it's obviously a cheap shot, but i'd love to see you take that shot and get up.

Comment

Originally posted by DeepThreat View Post
      Guys, Corey Williams actually did pretty well last year, and this year, he is looking great. By all accounts, he has been just a step below Shaun Rogers. He is not going anywhere.
      Thats not what Browns fans had to say last year. Go on their forum and search up his name, it isnt good.

Comment

I am a Browns fan. I watched every game of his last year and focused on him.

<@JBond> And Dg, you'd waste it on corndogs
        <@JBond> So you get no 5 dollars
        <+DG> how is buy one get one free wasting?
        <+njx9> i'm pretty sure your people still eat boots in north korea, bantx. they don't know what vegetables are.

Comment

Originally posted by DeepThreat View Post
          Guys, Corey Williams actually did pretty well last year, and this year, he is looking great. By all accounts, he has been just a step below Shaun Rogers. He is not going anywhere.
          He isn't going anywhere but the sidelines. He lost his starting job.

Comment

Did he ever have the starting job to begin with? Ever since Mangini got here it's been consistently Williams/Robaire Smith/Kenyon Coleman rotating a lot at DE with CJ Mosley seeing a lot of time as well, though mostly as a situational guy on the first team defense and a full time 2nd teamer. Williams is a lot more comfortable in the 3-4 this year, he'll play just as much as the other DEs.

Not been a lot of talk about this either, but there's probably gonna be a lot of Shaun Rogers at DE and Ahtyba Rubin at NT. Rubin has been fantastic at NT this preseason with Rogers sitting out. Just ask Kevin Mawae and basically everyone else he's faced.

Comment

I hope he gets released, I don't know anything about the guy Hurney did trade for he only started 4 games and before that he was a nobody. I barely follow the browns other than to lol every now and then at the teams collective ineptitude, whats the story on louis Leonard?

Comment

Not needed. Obviously he would add some name value to the Panthers but they lost a huge run stuffer not a rotational pass rusher. Can he man NT for 3 downs every game and stuff the run? My bet is no so I would not see this as much of an upgrade to be honest. The Panthers need a run stuffer not a pass rusher.

Comment

The Browns just sent the Panthers DT Louis Leonard for an undisclosed and I assume conditional draft pick.

I dunno if they would then come back to get another defensive tackle in Corey Williams from us. As for the Raiders, I'd rather have picks instead of Fargas, but if the Raiders were willing to deal Michael Bush, I'd be interested.

Corey Williams, if he stays on the Browns, will be a backup, which is not the end of the world. Kenyon Coleman and Robaire Smith have been extremely stout against the run and CJ Mosely has been a good pass rusher. Corey Williams may be well suited for this role, but obviously not for his contract. He has improved as a DE this offseason, but he's not as good as either of the starters.

The Browns have paid a $3 million roster bonus on Williams for this season.

Comment

Working...
                  X

Debug Information