The scoreboard in Dallas

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LizardState View Post
    They're called specifications. They are put in place for a reason. Should that be investigated? I think so.

And remember, some inspector signed off on the design too.
    Inspections have nothing to do with this. I work in construction and this is just another case of aesthetics. Some architect somewhere designed this screen so that it would be in line with the upper tiers of the stadium. The screen is roughly 90 feet so that eliminates kickoffs and passing. But nobody took into effect the hangtime that punters try to acheive.

And as far as I know this is the only current stadium with a mega-screen over the playing field. I doubt the NFL has any specifications for such an object when teams are building a new stadium.

Edit: I stant semi-corrected:

Also, Jones will point out that the league approved the stadium design, and that the league knew all along the 240-foot board would be hanging 90 feet over the playing surface.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...n-in-dallas-2/
    Last edited by cvv84; 08-22-2009, 05:27 PM.

Comment

I think it'd be great if it becomes a continuous problem and the league makes them remove the screen.

Comment

Originally posted by themaninblack View Post
        So we now have two recently built high profile stadiums(Cowboys and Yankees) with design problems? Seems like something that should have been considered in both cases.
        There really is no design problem at Yankee Stadium, its a replica of the old one. The only issue that has occurred is that wind currents cause a jet stream to blow out into right field, thus giving us an exorbitant amount of HR's.

Originally posted by bearsfan_51
        Show me your Wang, if you will.

Comment

Cowboys should get a delayed of game penalty every time the opponent hits it. When they hit it they get the penalty.

Comment

Cowboys owner Jerry Jones sounded defiant, and a little defensive, when asked if he would need to move the team's 160-foot long scoreboard after Titans punter A.J. Trapasso hit it during Friday night's game.

Time will tell if Jones needs to move the scoreboard, but ESPN's Chris Mortensen reported Saturday that the league's competition committee is concerned enough to discuss the issue. Immediately.

The group, co-chaired by Titans coach Jeff Fisher, will get on a conference call this week to talk about the particulars involving the scoreboard. Right now, for instance, hitting the scoreboard isn't subject to replay review. (Fisher threw his challenge flag to get referee Walt Anderson's attention Friday because the officials didn't see the ball hit the scoreboard.)

Mort says the issue was on the committee's radar before Friday, as they spoke about it a few weeks ago. Mortensen expects some clarification about the issue early in the week.

Meanwhile, Jones can't be in a good mood. It's the morning after he debuted his $1.2 billion football cathedral, and all anyone is talking about is what goes wrong when you look up towards its ceiling.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ys-scoreboard/

Comment

Originally posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
              Is there a video of this somewhere?
              Anyone? I'd love to see this.

Comment

Originally posted by Xonraider View Post
                Anyone? I'd love to see this.
                I found it on youtube.

Comment

I found it on youtube.

this is awesome

Comment

Andy Lee will bring that **** down.

Comment

Originally posted by aNYtitan View Post
                      There really is no design problem at Yankee Stadium, its a replica of the old one. The only issue that has occurred is that wind currents cause a jet stream to blow out into right field, thus giving us an exorbitant amount of HR's.
                      True, but it still seems like something that should have been taken into consideration.

^A Bonekrusher production^
                      Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Comment

I like how it's the same punter that had the huge play in the HOF game, he's the star of the preseason lol.
                        And a former Buckeye, just thought I would add that tidbit...

BoneKruser with the DOPE sig

Comment

Originally posted by DeepThreat View Post
                          If and when the Browns play there, we won't have to punt, so I'm not worried.
                          You are going to have that many turnovers?

Anyway, I'm sure there is a fix, but this is very funny.

Follow Me on Twitter!
                          https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Comment

ESPNEWS reported that JJ is not going to move his scoreboard. It cost him 25 million dollars.

WOW @ price
                            -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

Haha. AJ Trapasso is so awesome.

Follow Me on Twitter!
                              https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Comment

Originally posted by Nalej View Post
                                ESPNEWS reported that JJ is not going to move his scoreboard. It cost him 25 million dollars.

WOW @ price
                                The scoreboard is beautiful, a technological advancement for sporting venues. Its still horribly placed though

Originally posted by bearsfan_51
                                Show me your Wang, if you will.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information