Top 5 Fastest Defensive Ends?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
    John Abraham is up there. Out of college he was in the late 4.4s, gave Mike Vick a good race.

Abe for sure. Vick said that Abraham beat him in that race.

Comment

Not so much anymore but this guy used to be stupid fast. He ran a 4.43 at his pro-day and I think he has one of the fastest 10-yard splits ever.

Comment

*Zoom! Zoom! * Wash that Demarcus Ware??! *Zoom*

Comment

Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
          *Zoom! Zoom! * Wash that Demarcus Ware??! *Zoom*
          yup. he ran right into the 3-4 OLB thread.
          We ALL bleed scarlet
          New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
          UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
          Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
          BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

Jared Allen is for sure up there when he was with the Chiefs he chased down Willie Parker 30+ yards down the field when every one else gave up on the play which is saying alot.

Comment

So I take it 3-4 OLBs are out of the discussion? If thats the case...

1. Dwight Freeney - fastest first step in the game. i always wondered how dominant he couldve been as a 3-4 OLB.

2. Osi Umenyiora - slightly slower than Freeney, but damn close

3. John Abraham - great pass rusher but he couldve been so much more throughout his career

4. Robert Mathis - Freeney lite

5. Trent Cole - A better version of Mathis essentially

And im going by game speed. I don't give a rat's behind about the combine.

Comment

Its gotta be Freeney. The guy has scary burst off the snap. Him and Mathis are two of the quickest which is why the Colts pass defense is so good.

Abraham is very quick as well. Though the constant with all of these guys is they are not very good against the run, whereas Jared Allen, Mario Williams etc are extremely explosive as well but are very good against the run

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig

Comment

Chris Clemons anyone?

Comment

If we're including 3-4 DEs, Darnell Dockett is extremely quick for a 3-4 End/4-3 DT.

Comment

gaines Adams is definately up there.

Comment

no one's quicker off the snap than Dwight Freeney.

Comment

Julius Peppers routinely runs sprints with the backs instead of the linebackers or linemen. He's run down running backs from behind.

He's easily quicker than half the players being mentioned here.

I can't find the video of him running pittman down from behind and NFL's highlights only shows his INT run back http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-h...-Buccaneers-14

shame

Also Gaines Adams is one of the most explosive first step offs in the NFL, as does John Abraham and they've got to be mentioned.:(

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                            If we're including 3-4 DEs, Darnell Dockett is extremely quick for a 3-4 End/4-3 DT.
                            Cullen Jenkins too.

Comment

Originally posted by keylime_5 View Post
                              no one's quicker off the snap than Dwight Freeney.
                              No one's quicker off the snap than Darnell Dockett.

Comment

Freeny, Mathis, Mario, Peppers

Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
                                Originally posted by BaLLiN72
                                i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
                                Originally posted by Job
                                NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information