Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top 5 Fastest Defensive Ends?

Who are they?

John Abraham is up there. Out of college he was in the late 4.4s, gave Mike Vick a good race.

Laurence Sidbury was the fastest defensive end at the combine, 4.6 on a possibly slow track.
    Virginia Tech.
    ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

Osi Umenyiora is up there.

Comment

What do you want? Game speed or Combine times?

Game speed you have Osi, Trent Cole, Dwight Freeney and Jared Allen. Out of these 4 the only person who ran faster than a 4.7 was Dwight Freeney. Osi wasn't invited to the combine, but was reported to run a 4.78, Jared Allen ran a 4.79 and Trent Cole ran a 4.7 at his pro-day. All three however are extremely fast off the line.

Combine speed you've got Manny Lawson who ran in the 4.4s, Quentin Groves ran a 4.53, Jevon Kearse ran a 4.43 coming out and Marcus Howard out of Georgia ran a 4.45.

Comment

what the ****? you tell me first, dont make a thread like this without offering up your own opinion.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Calais Campellzzz zzz

he can play NT too and teams have to quadriple team him

Comment

Robert Mathis ran a sub 4.4 40 time at his pro day.

Comment

I read somewhere Julius Peppers can run a 4.4 at like 280 lbs. Which is absolutely ridiculous, but I believe it.
                Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                The APS is strong in this one.
                Originally posted by killxswitch
                Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

Connor Barwin is being tried at DE.

Comment

Originally posted by Brent View Post
                    what the ****? you tell me first, dont make a thread like this without offering up your own opinion.
                    He's asking a question. He doesn't know, that's why he's asking. Why would he give his opinion if he doesn't know and needs to ask?
                    Last edited by GB12; 08-22-2009, 12:12 PM.

Comment

Combine times are useless for DEs. Even 10 yard times would be too much, its all about burst and quickness.

Comment

Originally posted by Bucs_Rule View Post
                        Combine times are useless for DEs. Even 10 yard times would be too much, its all about burst and quickness.
                        Yup! And game speed as well with the pads on. For instance, I still remember when we played the Chargers and Tuck ran down LT from behind to make a play. This was before Tuck blew up and started to dominate. But he showed great speed catching up to LT. Some SD fans may remember that, it was in '04 or '05 i think.

Comment

Jacob Ford is probably up there.
                          Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
                          RIP themaninblack

Comment

Osi and Freeney are the first 2 that come to mind. but then you've got those hybrid 3-4 OLBs/4-3 DEs that have very good speed. But as pure DE's go, Osi and Freeney are atop the list
                            We ALL bleed scarlet
                            New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
                            UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
                            Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
                            BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

YEAHHHHH!

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information