Michael Crabtree

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Forenci View Post
    Anyone who thinks he'll get out of the first round if he re-enters the draft is crazy. The guy has way too much talent to fall that far.

Giants would take him in a heart beat if he ended up falling to them in the first round and I'd be excited that they did get him.

His attitude doesn't really bother me because I've listened to him on numerous occasions and he seems like a good guy. Like he doesn't flagrantly come off like a jerk like some people do. My guess is it's a combination of his family and agent who are getting him to hold out for what he probably rightfully deserves.

49ers need to stop messing around and give the guy want he wants.
    Crabtree deserves the money at the spot he was selected at. Why is this so hard for some people to comprehend? Keep in mind this is a guy that didn't have a pro day, wasn't at the combine, and is coming off of a foot injury. The 49ers would be dumb beyond imagination to cave in.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
    -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
    Originally posted by Borat
    Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Comment

• This has probably been answered already, but if Crabtree gets to the point of entering the 2010 draft, why not just skip the draft and play the free agent market? I mean, technically anyone in the world who isn't signed to a contract already can be a free agent, no?

Comment

• Originally posted by OzTitan View Post
        This has probably been answered already, but if Crabtree gets to the point of entering the 2010 draft, why not just skip the draft and play the free agent market? I mean, technically anyone in the world who isn't signed to a contract already can be a free agent, no?
        you have to be a vested veteran with four years of nfl service before you can be an unrestricted free agent.

sig by BoneKrusher

PACKERS BADGERS BREWERS BUCKS

Comment

• If he goes into the draft next year he'll have to run the 40 this time, he should of just cashed in while not having to run. If he does run it and ends up with a mid 4.5 he can forget about getting anywhere near what he was offered this season.

I just can't envision a scenario where he'd get more money next year.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
          I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
            If he goes into the draft next year he'll have to run the 40 this time, he should of just cashed in while not having to run. If he does run it and ends up with a mid 4.5 he can forget about getting anywhere near what he was offered this season.

Yeah, if he goes into next years draft, I'm pretty sure the problems he's giving us now are gonna go into account for all the teams considering him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Malaka View Post
              I don't completely agree with Forenci's post, but the part of him not dropping out of the first round is one part I completely agree with.

Michael Crabtree was far and away the best wide out in the draft. I had DHB behind Nicks and Britt too. Crabs is not a true diva, he's being a complete dick when it comes to money, but I highly doubt he'll ever achieve anywhere the douchebaggery level of T.O.

Next year, after Dez Bryant and Arrelious Benn, the 3rd WR spot is wide open, that is if either of them opt to go to the NFL draft. I have Dez Bryant as my #1 receiver next year, then Benn, well Crabtree and Dez's game is quite similar, so I'd take Crabs over Benn. Though, their are concerns about Crabs' character especially now, and he'll be older. I see Dez and Benn in the top 15, while finding it absolutely impossible Crabs falls out of the top 32, when teams like the Ravens, Giants, and even the Steelers would be dying to get him, you are really crazy if you think he'll drop out of round 1. Will he be the 10th overall pick? no but I can guarantee he is a 1st rounder.
              Bo Jackson fell out of the first round and I'd bet his talent was way superior to that of Crabtree's if it wasnt for the hip injury who knows what he would've done..

"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
              Originally posted by TitanHope
              R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
              He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Job View Post
                I think I've heard that every single year of my life.
                No way 2004 went wire to wire as a completely ludicrous class and it holds up today. 2006 has had some trouble with the hype but still very solid. 2010 is the next import of godliness and I think it has a real chance of holding up. 2010 has some tough mofos that look ready to play.

Comment

• I remember a lot of Packers fans liked the idea of getting Crabtree instead of Raji. My, how times have changed.

Comment

• Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                    well, Deion Sanders seems to think that there are teams willing to pay him $40 million (*cough* ******** *cough*) yet they didnt make a trade offer before the deadline or trade up to get him during the draft. Crabs is in the Bay Area living off his endorsement money. I bet he signs as some point.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• He's a **** sucker. I hope Adrian Wilson or some safety plows into his knee during the first game he plays.

http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

Comment

• He's working out with Trent Dilfer in the Bay area

Comment

• Originally posted by Vikes99ej View Post
                          He's a **** sucker. I hope Adrian Wilson or some safety plows into his knee during the first game he plays.
                          Ok tampoco lets not go that far haha

"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
                          Originally posted by TitanHope
                          R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
                          He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.

Comment

• You can't arbitrarily change where you were picked. The 49ers called his bluff, now it's time for Crabtree to do the right thing.

If Crabtree forfeits his guaranteed money this year to enter the draft in 2010, he's an even bigger idiot than Ricky Williams ever was when he hired Master P to handle his contract negotiations.

Monetarily, this will be a year he'll never get back, which would be classic stupid to do just to prove a point that you think you're worth more than your slotted value.

Jerks like Crabtree are the reason I hope the NFL passes a rookie salary cap similar to the NBA.
                            I'll say it right now, Crabtree will never be a star in the league and every day I see the next Antonio Bryant.

Comment

• 49ers are making the right move to prove why there doesn't have to be a rookie cap. If they want more than they deserve, don't sign them. The teams drove the cost of these rookies up by giving into their demands. They players and their agents would cave. The team has massive leverage on them. Everyone knows reentering the draft is very risky.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig

Comment

• Originally posted by Brent View Post
                                well, Deion Sanders seems to think that there are teams willing to pay him $40 million (*cough* ******** *cough*) yet they didnt make a trade offer before the deadline or trade up to get him during the draft. Crabs is in the Bay Area living off his endorsement money. I bet he signs as some point.
                                Then he looks like an even bigger idiot, because he missed all of Training Camp, Pre-Season, and regular season time while the deal was the same the whole time.

I'f I'm not mistaken Bryant McKinnie held out for half of the season, but I don't see the point in doing that if the price isn't going up any.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                                I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information