Michael Crabtree

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by senormysterioso View Post
    I think he just won't settle for any less than DHB got...which sort of makes sense because nobody in football except Al Davis thinks DHB is a better receiver than Crabs.
    That doesn't matter, its he say. Reality is that Crabtree was taken 10th overall, if he doesn't like it then he can always go play for dimes somewhere else.

It should be a rule if a rookie doesn't join his team before the start of the first preseason game then they get fined by the team.

Comment

**** Crabtree. I'm so sick of this bastard. The team has a standing offer that is 18% over what the previous #10 pick got last year. This slots him directly between the #9 and #11 picks this year. That is a fair offer. And he'll eventually sign it. And he'll instantly become a 10-digit millionaire. And he's essentially thrown away his rookie season. And he essentially will get all this money for nothing this year. So ... yeah ... **** Crabtree.
      The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

Comment

Diva.

Thats why he fell in the first place. Recognize your own flaws young man. The NFL will welcome you harshly.

Comment

I think he just won't settle for any less than DHB got...which sort of makes sense because nobody in football except Al Davis thinks DHB is a better receiver than Crabs.
          it makes no kind of sense. he got picked #10 and should get paid more than #9 and less than #11. it's just that simple. whether he thinks he's the best player in the draft.

Comment

Originally posted by Saints 4 Lyfe View Post
            it makes no kind of sense. he got picked #10 and should get paid more than #9 and less than #11. it's just that simple. whether he thinks he's the best player in the draft.
            I'm sure you meant less than the #9 and more than the #11 ;)

Comment

Originally posted by cvv84 View Post
              I'm sure you meant less than the #9 and more than the #11 ;)
              Ahhhhh yeah I see

Comment

Originally posted by Saints 4 Lyfe View Post
                That's what his agent is arguing. He's trying to break the slotting system because I'm sure that the 49ers management have told him that he was the top guy on their board, and most everybody in, associated with, or even following the NFL thinks that Crabtree is better than Hayward Bey. Crabtree's teams position is if you think I'm better than this guy, pay me more than him. They're saying that just because a team that happened to be picking ahead of you didn't pick me, doesn't mean that I'm a less valuable player.

sig by BoneKrusher

PACKERS BADGERS BREWERS BUCKS

Comment

That's what his agent is arguing. He's trying to break the slotting system because I'm sure that the 49ers management have told him that he was the top guy on their board, and most everybody in, associated with, or even following the NFL thinks that Crabtree is better than Hayward Bey. Crabtree's teams position is if you think I'm better than this guy, pay me more than him. They're saying that just because a team that happened to be picking ahead of you didn't pick me, doesn't mean that I'm a less valuable player.
                  Bush did too. Saints Big Board that year was I believe

Reggie Bush
                  AJ Hawk
                  Mario Williams

Charley Casserley gave us a give and picked Mario. Bush wanted #1 money because he was #1 on our board but he got picked 2nd and was paid #2 money.

Comment

They're saying that just because a team that happened to be picking ahead of you didn't pick me, doesn't mean that I'm a less valuable player.
                    Tough ****.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Well, too bad for Crabtree! If you think you're so much better, come in and play lights out better than DHB and score a fantastic second contract.

Rookies shouldn't be paid this kind of money anyway without earning it first, but that's a separate issue.

Comment

Crabtree is not starting off his career well. If he's so much better than DHB, get on the football field and prove it. No better way. Talk is cheap.

Comment

Whether or not Crabtree was #1 on the 49ers board is moot. Whether or not everyone thought (key word being thought) Crabtree was the best receiver in draft is also moot. He wasn't the highest rated receiver in the draft, he wasn't the first receiver off the board, he was picked 10th, and that's fact. He gets slotted just like all the other rookies. That's the way it is, and I highly doubt that Crabtree is the kind of player an NFL team is going to disregard the established slotting system for.

I desperately want him to re-enter the draft next year so he can slip out of the 1st round. I can see it now, "you should pay me DHB money because the 49ers had me rated higher than him in the 2009 draft." Classic.
                          "If everyone liked the same thing everyone would be after your grandmother."

My Grandfather

Comment

Originally posted by Watchman View Post
                            Whether or not Crabtree was #1 on the 49ers board is moot. Whether or not everyone thought (key word being thought) Crabtree was the best receiver in draft is also moot. He wasn't the highest rated receiver in the draft, he wasn't the first receiver off the board, he was picked 10th, and that's fact. He gets slotted just like all the other rookies. That's the way it is, and I highly doubt that Crabtree is the kind of player an NFL team is going to disregard the established slotting system for.

I desperately want him to re-enter the draft next year so he can slip out of the 1st round. I can see it now, "you should pay me DHB money because the 49ers had me rated higher than him in the 2009 draft." Classic.
                            He wasn't the highest rated WR in the draft?

Comment

Unless your drafting Top 3 the player you picked will be ranked higher than the slot you pick him at. The further into the draft you go the more that gap increases. Its not unusual in Crabs case, every draft some teams get tremendous perceived value on their picks.

Comment

I am against the Crabtree holdout but not enough of the attention has been drawn to the fact that the Raiders paid Darrius Haeyward-Bey far more than the 18% yearly increase. Crabtree's agent "reportedly" wants the same increase as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information