No announcement yet.

Michael Crabtree

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Camp and preseason are huge for rookies. If I was an owner I would start to reduce my offer the longer a player misses camp. You don't pay a player just to show up for games, but to get prepared to play as good as possible. For rookies their first season is about improving themselves to play at a high level, the second and third season is when they really step up and earn big salaries.

If they miss camp their improvement in rookie year is greatly reduced. Missing a bunch of regular season games is less important than going to camp.

After camp is over I would demand they take less than last season got. They will have to take that as they'd lose so much if they re-entered the draft. They'd likely sit out the first bunch of games, but the impact of those games isn't so big if they've already missed camp.

Comment

Other thing ive been wondering. why do all those negotiations start so late?

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
      - No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
      - Corner or Wideout in the first
      - No reaching
      - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

Originally posted by wicket View Post
        Other thing ive been wondering. why do all those negotiations start so late?
        It usually trickles down after the 1st pick is signed and so forth to about the 10th then everyone knows what they will be getting and signs but it hasnt' worked out that way.

Comment

"On Crabtree, my first guess: Labor Day. A day or two before; a day or two after. That's the most likely time for him to accept SF's deal"
          -Matt Maiocco, Niners beat writer.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

i feel sorry for who ever has to draft in the top 10 next year, this is of course if Crabtree gets the money he wants.

Comment

Originally posted by Bucs_Rule View Post
              Camp and preseason are huge for rookies. If I was an owner I would start to reduce my offer the longer a player misses camp. You don't pay a player just to show up for games, but to get prepared to play as good as possible. For rookies their first season is about improving themselves to play at a high level, the second and third season is when they really step up and earn big salaries.

If they miss camp their improvement in rookie year is greatly reduced. Missing a bunch of regular season games is less important than going to camp.

After camp is over I would demand they take less than last season got. They will have to take that as they'd lose so much if they re-entered the draft. They'd likely sit out the first bunch of games, but the impact of those games isn't so big if they've already missed camp.
              You would make an excellent owner.

Comment

Originally posted by YAYareaRB View Post
                Everything credible should come with one.
                Just because you have a link to something doesn't make it factual or credible.

I remember when people had links up during the 2008 draft about players who failed drug tests at the combine, and the rumors turned up false.

Comment

Originally posted by YAYareaRB View Post
                  The Raiders also had Michael Mitchell as that top rated safety...

I thought you meant that he wasn't top rated like by Kiper and Mayock, stuff like that.
                  No, for this discussion his ranking by the media isn't relevant.
                  "If everyone liked the same thing everyone would be after your grandmother."

My Grandfather

Comment

Originally posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
                    Just because you have a link to something doesn't make it factual or credible.

I remember when people had links up during the 2008 draft about players who failed drug tests at the combine, and the rumors turned up false.
                    No but it's much better than: "Word is so and so doesn't wanna play".

Comment

The longer Crabtree sits out, the more overrated he becomes.

It's not like he's a Randy Moss type freak athlete who can expect to excel in the pros simply because he's the best athlete on the field.

He needs to be in TC working on timing with his QB. If Crabtree misses the entire preseason, his rookie year will bust BIG TIME.

Comment

Originally posted by PACKmanN View Post
                        i feel sorry for who ever has to draft in the top 10 next year, this is of course if Crabtree gets the money he wants.
                        And that's not going to happen. Crabtree is just screwing himself over big time. Plain and simple.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
                        -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
                        Originally posted by Borat
                        Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Comment

As a Niner fan, I am extremely disheartened by Crabtree's situation. I am just hoping that this turns out similarly to one of Eugene Parker's older clients... Deion Sanders held out until a week prior to the opening game.

Comment

Well, if he signs before the first game, he still gets his money. So, whether or not he shows up now or September 12th, it doesnt matter much.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

I love how people are finding ways to subtly blame the Raiders (Davis and Bey specifically) for Michael Crabtree's holdout. This is on no one but Crabtree and his team. They are the ones trying to break the slotting system that has been in place for so long. the Raiders have nothing to do with it. They actually got their 1st round pick in time--the reciprocal of that is also true--their first round pick actually came in on time and didn't hold out.

Oldie but a goodie.

Comment

Originally posted by Bucs_Rule View Post

Originally posted by S T R I N G View Post
                                You would make an excellent owner.
                                That's what AJ Smith does and he's widely regarded as one of the best GMs in the business. To be honest, I think this is only fair. In the Raiders' scenario, they paid Jamarcus Russell a 6-year deal but they only got 5 years out of him because he missed so much time from his holdout. So that means, in reality, the yearly salary of Russell's contract was even more bloated than on paper.

If I'm a GM/owner, I will pay you for what I am going to get out of you. As you skip camp/preseason looking for more money the time I have you in season 1 goes down. And thus so will your contract offer.

It's worked for Smith.

Oldie but a goodie.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information