Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Philip Rivers signs 6 year $92M extension.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tjsunstein View Post
    3rd best is a stretch and I think you know that. Drew Brees. Is it a homer statement to also take Aaron Rodgers over him for next year and years to come?
    Being a Chiefs fan I watch alot of SD games and I really don't think its a stretch at all you could argue Brees sure but Rivers is in the mix for the #3 spot and would get my vote.
    Last edited by Splat; 08-24-2009, 09:33 PM.

Comment

Rivers is the best QB from the class he was drafted in and realistically the best young QB in the NFL. I like the signing for SD.

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
        About the same as Eli. No question who I'd rather have.

If that's the market for Cutler I'd be fine with it. There is speculation that he is next but there are still a few years left on his contract so I'm not sure how much incentive there is for the Bears to do it unless he takes less money.
        I think he decides to f with the bears and doesn't sign a contract extension the season before he becomes a FA. But that's just a gut feeling, have nothing to go on right now.

Good for Rivers, he got paid and rightfully so. One of the best young QB's in the league.

Originally posted by bearsfan_51
        Show me your Wang, if you will.

Comment

Rivers is my Lord.

Comment

I'm sure they're both factors in his conclusion but have you seen how the guy carries himself? I can see why so many people don't like him. And I don't want another thread devoted to arguing about how much Rivers is liked or disliked and reasons why. Let's talk about the contract. Smart move by the Chargers and it's a fairly good deal for Rivers as well. Like cvv said; I'm also very happy with the timing of the Rodgers deal.
            Of course I've seen how he carries himself. If you watch news clippings and hear some pundits talk then of course your opinion would be negative. EVERYONE was on Jay Cutlers jock that year. The cameras caught Philip and not Jay. Big whoop. He didn't curse. He's an amazing father. He's competitive. He believes in himself, his teamates, and the organization and he gets fired up when someone tries to challenge that. Does that make him a "dick" or a sports figure to look up to? If I had a son, I'd love for him to want to play the sport like Philip. I'm sure no opinions will be changed by my post, but it irks me when people talk about him like he's killing dogs or killing people while driving drunk. But hey, lets embrace Mike Vick and Leonard Little cuz everyone deserves a 2nd chance, right?

Originally posted by Morgan Freeman
            Titty sprinkles

Comment

Originally posted by aNYtitan View Post
              I think he decides to f with the bears and doesn't sign a contract extension the season before he becomes a FA. But that's just a gut feeling, have nothing to go on right now.

Good for Rivers, he got paid and rightfully so. One of the best young QB's in the league.
              I think it depends on how chicago goes under his remaining years, if they tank it and there's a contender with an opening he'll leave but if they come close over the next couple of years with Cutler at the helm he might want to stick around.

Comment

Originally posted by ncst8fan83 View Post
                I'm sure no opinions will be changed by my post, but it irks me when people talk about him like he's killing dogs or killing people while driving drunk. But hey, lets embrace Mike Vick and Leonard Little cuz everyone deserves a 2nd chance, right?
                This is sad. You had some great arguments until bringing that **** up out of left field.

Comment

Originally posted by BlindSite View Post
                  I think it depends on how chicago goes under his remaining years, if they tank it and there's a contender with an opening he'll leave but if they come close over the next couple of years with Cutler at the helm he might want to stick around.
                  I could see it, but I think (my opinion, no substantial evidence) that the Vikings are setting themselves up nicely. If Cutler for any reason doesn't like it and jumps ship, the Vikings have a hole that will open up after Favre (cause Jackson will probably leave and they won't give Rosenhaus an honest shot). That would be an incredible offense to see

Originally posted by bearsfan_51
                  Show me your Wang, if you will.

Comment

how is it out of left field? people act like he's this bad guy who talks **** on the field all the time without backing it up, and yet we're suppose to be alright with Vick and Little playing?

Regardless, Philip is a great guy and a great role model. He plays the game the way it should be played, with passion and energy, and leaves everything out on the field.

Anywho, carry on. Phil got paid!!! :)

Originally posted by Morgan Freeman
                    Titty sprinkles

Comment

T'was out of left field because nobody came even near of saying that Rivers shouldn't be playing, or mentionning Little/Vick.

Besides that, I'm seconding pretty much all you've said.

Comment

damn we got drew brees cheap for 60 million 10 million guaranteed.

Comment

3rd best is a stretch and I think you know that. Drew Brees. Is it a homer statement to also take Aaron Rodgers over him for next year and years to come?
                          I think it is a huge homer statement indeed. Aaron's very good, but he hasn't nearly had success like Rivers has had yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Job View Post
                            I think it is a huge homer statement indeed. Aaron's very good, but he hasn't nearly had success like Rivers has had yet.
                            well Aaron has been average while Rivers has been above average. The only Excellent QB's i can think of are P. Manning, Brady, Brees, Palmer, McNabb.

I left Big Ben off because he has more weapons and the best defense in football to fall back on.

Comment

How in the world has Carson Palmer been excellent?

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                                How in the world has Carson Palmer been excellent?
                                up until he got hurt how many people considered him a top 3 QB? Especially on here.

put him on a real team with a real coaching staff and he contends for a SB.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information