Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Philip Rivers signs 6 year $92M extension.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ncst8fan83 View Post
    Of course I've seen how he carries himself. If you watch news clippings and hear some pundits talk then of course your opinion would be negative. EVERYONE was on Jay Cutlers jock that year. The cameras caught Philip and not Jay. Big whoop. He didn't curse. He's an amazing father. He's competitive. He believes in himself, his teamates, and the organization and he gets fired up when someone tries to challenge that. Does that make him a "dick" or a sports figure to look up to? If I had a son, I'd love for him to want to play the sport like Philip. I'm sure no opinions will be changed by my post, but it irks me when people talk about him like he's killing dogs or killing people while driving drunk. But hey, lets embrace Mike Vick and Leonard Little cuz everyone deserves a 2nd chance, right?
    Can you please stop ruining every thread by continuing with this argument

Comment

Originally posted by Saints 4 Lyfe View Post
      up until he got hurt how many people considered him a top 3 QB? Especially on here.
      People were wrong. He never earned that.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Haven't been lurking much, dealing with serious family issues, but I have to post in this thread obviously. Very glad to see Philip locked up long term, his play at the QB position has been magnificent the last few years. Up there with anybody if you look at some of the throws he's made, at the clutchest times. I have no doubt he'll eventually go on a January winning streak, and coming from a Charger fan that confidence was not come by easily.

Comment

Definitely worth it for the Chargers.

http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

Comment

phillip is gross and bad

Comment

He is a good QB, in a good system, and I think it was a good deal for him. I am happy for him.

Comment

well Aaron has been average
                Average? Ha. Really? He was a first year starter last year on a team riddled by injuries on the defensive side of the ball. I think you're looking at the wins and losses rather than his stats. Here you go:

4,038 yards (Top 5)
                28 TD's (Top 5)
                13 INT's ( 1 more than Manning, 2 more than Rivers)

This is a kudos to the WR, but nonetheless:
                48 Completions of 20+ (Top 5)
                16 Completions of 40+ (Top 5)

That is not average, sir. He's above average. I'm not arguing that he is better than Phillip right now, but I would take Rodgers over Rivers in the long run.

/homer

Comment

worth every penny.

Comment

Glad to see this, he deserves it.

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                      People were wrong. He never earned that.
                      i disagree. he's had bad luck with injuries, but when healthy, this dude was great. absolutely everything you want in a franchise QB. he's gotta earn it again, but i think people forget how good he really was.

Comment

Originally posted by ncst8fan83 View Post
                        Of course I've seen how he carries himself. If you watch news clippings and hear some pundits talk then of course your opinion would be negative. EVERYONE was on Jay Cutlers jock that year. The cameras caught Philip and not Jay. Big whoop. He didn't curse. He's an amazing father. He's competitive. He believes in himself, his teamates, and the organization and he gets fired up when someone tries to challenge that. Does that make him a "dick" or a sports figure to look up to? If I had a son, I'd love for him to want to play the sport like Philip. I'm sure no opinions will be changed by my post, but it irks me when people talk about him like he's killing dogs or killing people while driving drunk. But hey, lets embrace Mike Vick and Leonard Little cuz everyone deserves a 2nd chance, right?
                        i got your back on this. and i don't know why people are getting all upset about somebody defending phil rivers in a thread about phil rivers.

so, he called out another QB and opposing fans once. big freaking deal.

peyton manning calls out his own team all the time and he gets a free pass because he gets to make funny commercials.

and, how many qbs get in sideline fights with their WRs? not phil rivers. by all accounts he's a great leader. and i have no problem chalking up his "dick" moves as playing with passion.

i think it's a damn shame him and cutler couldn't stay in the same division. because that kind of intense rivalry between 2 of the best young QBs in the game would've been GREAT for the NFL.

Comment

Originally posted by Chucky View Post
                          Can you please stop ruining every thread by continuing with this argument
                          Umm, no. But thanks for playing.

Originally posted by Morgan Freeman
                          Titty sprinkles

Comment

Originally posted by tjsunstein View Post
                            Average? Ha. Really? He was a first year starter last year on a team riddled by injuries on the defensive side of the ball. I think you're looking at the wins and losses rather than his stats. Here you go:

4,038 yards (Top 5)
                            28 TD's (Top 5)
                            13 INT's ( 1 more than Manning, 2 more than Rivers)

This is a kudos to the WR, but nonetheless:
                            48 Completions of 20+ (Top 5)
                            16 Completions of 40+ (Top 5)

That is not average, sir. He's above average. I'm not arguing that he is better than Phillip right now, but I would take Rodgers over Rivers in the long run.

/homer
                            ok, Rodgers was above average last year. happy?

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                              worth every penny.
                              Blue, I was wondering how you would rate Rivers' ability to read defenses. I was wondering if you could give me your analysis of his strengths and weaknesses. I know Eli does a very good job in this regard (he has to when he has to deal with the defenses of the NFC Easts).

Comment

damn we got drew brees cheap for 60 million 10 million guaranteed.
                                Yeah, definitely got a good deal all things considering with his shoulder injury. Interestingly enough, Brees was the same age Rivers is when he signed that contract. Man, how contracts have grown in the past three years.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information