Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Philip Rivers signs 6 year $92M extension.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

this is interesting. im gonna do more hw on this scheme.

Comment

This thread has gotting all X's and O's. :)

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
        this is interesting. im gonna do more hw on this scheme.
        PM me or bump my Xs and Os thread up. I have everything from TT's playbook to coaches articles on the system. I did all the stuff on this when I was coaching couple years back.

This thread has gotting all X's and O's.
        In my opinion, that's the fun stuff to talk about. The other stat throwing non sense bores me. This is, of course in my personal opinion, is a lot more fun, and interesting.
        Last edited by NY+Giants=NYG; 08-26-2009, 11:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockey+Manning=Shocking View Post
          Who is that guy? A player?
          Amendola? He's an undrafted, undersized possession receiver with a little quickness from Texas Tech. Plus he's white, so people instantly thought, the next Wes Welker. But honestly, their skill sets dont compare at all. They just both went to Tech. Even after getting cut by Dallas last year for doing nothing of note in camp, I still here these ludicrous Welker comparisons out of Philly's camp. ugh.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
          http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
          KO KNOWS

Comment

Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
            Amendola? He's an undrafted, undersized possession receiver with a little quickness from Texas Tech. Plus he's white, so people instantly thought, the next Wes Welker. But honestly, their skill sets dont compare at all. They just both went to Tech. Even after getting cut by Dallas last year for doing nothing of note in camp, I still here these ludicrous Welker comparisons out of Philly's camp. ugh.
            LOL. He is still on the team? I will have to keep an eye out for him I guess.

Comment

Hate to take this thread on topic but here's an great interview with Rivers

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_yl...yhoo&type=lgns

Here's a good quote

Cole: Three years ago, the feeling was clear that this was LaDainian Tomlinson’s(notes) team – that he was the leader and one of the biggest athletes in Chargers history. Now it appears that you’re the guy and LT is being phased out. What’s your take on that? Are you careful about that image?

Rivers: I believe that’s a fabricated term. I think that’s a media term about whose team it is. I don’t think it’s anybody’s team. It’s our team. There are a lot of guys in here who have played here a long time that have meant a lot to the organization, so I don’t think that we as players see it that way. You hear it. It gets tagged that way in every city, but I don’t think it’s really like that. I don’t feel that way, anyway. It just doesn’t, from a leadership standpoint, make sense. Your role as a quarterback is to have certain responsibilities anyway, and as you progress through your career that continues to grow. As a player now, do I feel more responsibility as a leader than I did as a three-year player? Yes. But it grows on different guys at different times. But as far as the phrase “whose team,” I’ve never looked at it this way. From LT and my standpoint, it has never been brought up, never discussed. I’ve never felt any tension there.

And another question that pertains to what BBD said earlier:

Cole: It’s funny, but when you were coming out of North Carolina State, the belief was that with your accuracy and perceived lack of arm strength you would have been better suited for a West Cost-type offense that highlighted the shorter game.

Rivers: I think it has allowed me to progress as a passer, and we still mix in some of the shorter stuff. But now I feel like I’m more of a complete passer. Not that I couldn’t throw it deep, but that’s what we did in college with that high-percentage throwing game. We’d dink and dunk all the way down the field, but now I feel like we have the whole deal.
              Last edited by Xenos; 08-27-2009, 05:18 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X

Debug Information