Biggest Rivlary in the NFL?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tjsunstein View Post
    Biggest rivalry has to be Vikings - Packers because of the storyline.
    That i'll agree with...

When they broke up the conferences... it screwed everything up though IMO... I miss hating on the bucs and the saints...
    http://i38.tinypic.com/2aj2s7t.jpg
    For a good time call (303) 499-7111.whitspacsig by steel man

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"

Comment

Raiders - Chiefs was once a big rivalry but neither seem to be able to finish over .500 on a consistent basis.
      they still and always will hate each other though. I think if we're talking recent, you made a great suggestion that Packers/Vikings will be the main one this year.

Colts/Pats, the NFC East, Steelers/Ravens, Pats/Jets. It used to be Denver/SD when Cutler was still in town.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
        they still and always will hate each other though. I think if we're talking recent, you made a great suggestion that Packers/Vikings will be the main one this year.

Colts/Pats, the NFC East, Steelers/Ravens, Pats/Jets. It used to be Denver/SD when Cutler was still in town.
        I love watching Colts - Patriots because of the magnitude of the game. It's always an important, well thought out, well played game where one mistake may be the game.

Comment

The answer is definitely a moving target historically. Plenty of good ones have been mentioned and it almost always involves the dominant teams of their respective times.

Following that logic, the current best rivalry has to be . . .

Patriots Colts until Brady & Manning start to fade. Two of the most dominant teams over the last 1/2 decade (or more) and two QBs who will forever be entangled in epic GOAT arguments.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

Comment

I see Chiefs vs Denver as more of a rivalry now a days then Chiefs vs Raiders that being said the Div is so bad its hard to throw any of them in this topic.

Comment

I love watching Colts - Patriots because of the magnitude of the game. It's always an important, well thought out, well played game where one mistake may be the game.
              yeah, i love it. the chess match between Peyton and Bellichick is so enjoyable to watch.

Comment

The chess match between Peyton Manning and Ray Lewis is always fun to watch as well.

Comment

I wonder what will happen with Chicago vs Denver

Comment

Originally posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
                    I wonder what will happen with Chicago vs Denver
                    Kyle Orton looks longingly at the Bears sideline and sheds a tiny, single tear.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

As a Raven fan, I love to see Baltimore and Pittsburgh go at it, but I gatta admit, Indy and New England is awesome in there own right. Baltimore and Pittsburgh is for the hard nosed, tough guys who love old school down to the wire football, and Indy and New England is for those who love high scoring finesse football.

Comment

This is a really old school rivalry: Cowboys - 49ers. Both have 5 Lombardi Trophies, both have enjoyed dominance of their divisions & Conference, then decline, then comebacks. Both have had coaching dynasties spanning an entire generation, & it dates back to the Tom Landry & pre-Bill Walsh eras, good times.

I also like the Art Modell rivalry, Browns vs. Ravens. Their 1st yr. in B-more the Ravens were just the transplanted Browns in new unis, they've evolved into their own team, still no love lost with Cleveland.

Same thing with the Texans vs. Titans sibling rivalry, the Bud Adams rivalry in the AFC South. The Titans croaked the name & legacy of the the Houston Oilers (kept most of the Oilers colors but new logo) when they moved the whole thing to Nashville b/c the Astrodome was the 1st dome & aged badly, greedhead a-hole Adams made millions on the move. The Titans have dominated their games, Houston has gradually improved from the expansion franchise cellar-dweller, never posted a winning season (8-8 is as good as it got for them). Titans were the hottest team in the NFL last season.

Comment

Once upon a time it was Redskins - Cowboys

Comment

Steelers/Ravens is alot better than it looks on paper. Most people hate that team like the Browns knowing that that is the franchise that came from Cleveland. That was a team you could actually hate.

Pittsburgh fans don't care about Cleveland. Havnt lost to them since 03.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig

Comment

you'd just have to live here, but being a resident of Green Bay, I can attest to both the Packer/Bears and Packers/Vikings rivalries being beyond intense.

The week leading up to any of these 4 games is indescribable. like i said, you'd have to live here, but for those 4 weeks there is legit tension in the air. everyone in WI knows at least a couple Bears fans and/or at least a couple Viking fans. and for that week, it's like ya have to be careful with everything you say. any instance of misspeaking can result in a week long, heated debate. Ya almost have to be up for it. Like, make a consious decision on monday whether ya want to live and breathe NFC North football for a week, or just hang out on the sidelines and wait for the game to start.

Either way, by sunday night, it's either euphoria or straight up depression.

Comment

Packers-Bears, easily.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information