No announcement yet.

Biggest Rivlary in the NFL?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I personally love wathing the Ravens and The Steelers go at it...the injury report after those games are always rediculous. Gotta love a hard hitting game like that.

Also the Vikings and the Packers is gonna be intense this year...cant wait to see that! :)

Comment

Originally posted by drowe View Post
      you'd just have to live here, but being a resident of Green Bay, I can attest to both the Packer/Bears and Packers/Vikings rivalries being beyond intense.

The week leading up to any of these 4 games is indescribable. like i said, you'd have to live here, but for those 4 weeks there is legit tension in the air. everyone in WI knows at least a couple Bears fans and/or at least a couple Viking fans. and for that week, it's like ya have to be careful with everything you say. any instance of misspeaking can result in a week long, heated debate. Ya almost have to be up for it. Like, make a consious decision on monday whether ya want to live and breathe NFC North football for a week, or just hang out on the sidelines and wait for the game to start.

Either way, by sunday night, it's either euphoria or straight up depression.
      Anyone can say "you just have to live here" about there rival. I mean Baltimore is ridiculous when we have a Steelers game coming up. I know I am pumped and would dare to see a Steelers fan during that week. I know our rival with the Steelers hasn't been around that long but these are teams that hate each other with a passion. All I want to see when we play the Steelers is Big Ben get trashed(Like when Bart Scott drilled him on the blindside). I have never been to Pittsburgh but I am sure it is crazy there as well. Man I am kind of pissed both our games our so late in the season. I can remember feeling exhausted after WATCHING each game last season. That is how intense those games are
      Originally posted by SunTzu_22
      Just let it go RWO.
      We as Ravens fans are clearly scum of the earth, and should just be happy that these great people, who cheer for nothing than the finest, morally impeccable players, playing on the finest, most morally impeccable teams, will grace us with their presence, and words of wisdom.

John Wall
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw

Comment

coincidentally, i just got a phone call.

some farmer had a goat (love any story that starts that way, right?). so, this farmer dyes the goat purple and gold and shaves the #4 in it right before taking it in to be butchered.

I am currently opperating at some cosmic combination of being a proud packer fan and wanting to move somewhere far away where livestock isn't sacrificed in the name of a middle-aged man wearing a different color shirt.

Comment

I actually hate the 49ers more then I do any other team in the NFC East. It should have been a 4-peat :(. But that's just me.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul View Post
            I actually hate the 49ers more then I do any other team in the NFC East. It should have been a 4-peat :(. But that's just me.
            Cowboys-49ers rivalry was so intense in the 90's.

Comment

some farmer had a goat (love any story that starts that way, right?). so, this farmer dyes the goat purple and gold and shaves the #4 in it right before taking it in to be butchered.

I am currently opperating at some cosmic combination of being a proud packer fan and wanting to move somewhere far away where livestock isn't sacrificed in the name of a middle-aged man wearing a different color shirt.
              Oh god, don't mention that. It happened in my hometown Tires Plus. :( Goddamn packer fans.
              SKOL VIKINGS!

Comment

Originally posted by PACKmanN View Post
                I dont care what anyone has to say, its the Packers vs. Bears.
                Truth.

Most people will answer with a homer one, and it would appear so, but history is on your side with this one.

I find it difficult to put the Ravens in a biggest rivalry considering they've only been around since, what? 1996?

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
                they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
                Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

http://www.usatoday.com/news/offbeat...vre-goat_N.htm

crazy lady.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
                  they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
                  Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

chicago v. green bay /thread

On Andrew Luck
                    Originally posted by killxswitch
                    People are expecting him to be some sort of alien defense-destroying robot QB and it's just not realistic.

Comment

Originally posted by TitleTown088 View Post

I find it difficult to put the Ravens in a biggest rivalry considering they've only been around since, what? 1996?
                      oh crap.

you realized you probably just started a 2 page argument about whether the original version of the browns count as the ravens franchise or if the ravens are technically an expansion team.

Comment

Originally posted by TACKLE View Post
                        They were the most dominant teams in the NFC, early 90's. No one was even close.

Comment

Truth.

Most people will answer with a homer one, and it would appear so, but history is on your side with this one.

As I said before there are plenty of rivalries that have been around longer but you can't deny the fact when the Ravens/Steelers play it is insane. I think our rivalry will be around for a long time and will eventually have the history as others. As of now I go Ravens/Steelers but if you are going by history than yea teams like Packers/Bears.
                          Originally posted by SunTzu_22
                          Just let it go RWO.
                          We as Ravens fans are clearly scum of the earth, and should just be happy that these great people, who cheer for nothing than the finest, morally impeccable players, playing on the finest, most morally impeccable teams, will grace us with their presence, and words of wisdom.

John Wall
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw

Comment

That's awful.

Comment

I would say, Chiefs vs. Raiders...or Packer vs. Bears/Vikings. The post is biggest rivalry in the NFL, if you are saying TODAY then I would say Vikings/Packers, if you are saying OVERALL I would say the Packers/Bears.

Go Packers, Chiefs, Mizzou Tigers, Kansas City Royals, Chicago Bulls, No. 31 Jeff Burton!

Comment

Originally posted by TACKLE View Post
                                In the 80's it was just as intense. There used to be a Niners/Giants rivalry in the last 80's early 90's, too. Bears-Niners in the 80's was intense as well.
                                Last edited by Brent; 08-26-2009, 02:56 PM.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information