Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Biggest Rivlary in the NFL?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    Raiders-Steelers in the 70's was a great one too.

    Comment


    • #62
      Originally posted by RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES View Post
      As I said before there are plenty of rivalries that have been around longer but you can't deny the fact when the Ravens/Steelers play it is insane. I think our rivalry will be around for a long time and will eventually have the history as others. As of now I go Ravens/Steelers but if you are going by history than yea teams like Packers/Bears.
      Packers/Bears is every bit as intense as Steelers/ravens, if not more. It's been around for much longer.

      Cheifs/ Raiders and NFC East are better I would say as well.

      What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
      they get smoked.

      2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
      Hint:Not the Bears.

      Comment


      • #63
        Originally posted by TitleTown088 View Post
        Packers/Bears is every bit as intense as Steelers/ravens, if not more. It's been around for much longer.

        Cheifs/ Raiders and NFC East are better I would say as well.
        I don't understand why people think that the Packers/Bears is the best rivalry in the NFL. I get that they've played each other for so many years. But they've never really been great during the same times. The Packers were great in the 60's and the 90's. The Bears were bad during those times. The Bears were good in the 80's and the Packers were not. It's never really been where the Bears and the Pack are the best two teams and its a battle to see who win win the conference. In fact they've only ever met one time in the playoffs and that was in 1941. I'm sorry to Packer and Bear fans but their hasn't been that many huge, significant games to call that the NFL's best rivalry.

        Comment


        • #64
          Originally posted by tjsunstein View Post
          That's awful.
          Winona, MN FTMFW!

          Comment


          • #65
            Originally posted by TACKLE View Post
            I don't understand why people think that the Packers/Bears is the best rivalry in the NFL. I get that they've played each other for so many years. But they've never really been great during the same times. The Packers were great in the 60's and the 90's. The Bears were bad during those times. The Bears were good in the 80's and the Packers were not. It's never really been where the Bears and the Pack are the best two teams and its a battle to see who win win the conference. In fact they've only ever met one time in the playoffs and that was in 1941. I'm sorry to Packer and Bear fans but their hasn't been that many huge, significant games to call that the NFL's best rivalry.
            Well if all that is true then Bears/Packers are out of the conversation.
            Originally posted by SunTzu_22
            Just let it go RWO.
            We as Ravens fans are clearly scum of the earth, and should just be happy that these great people, who cheer for nothing than the finest, morally impeccable players, playing on the finest, most morally impeccable teams, will grace us with their presence, and words of wisdom.

            John Wall
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw

            Comment


            • #66
              If Bears/Packers are out, Ravens/Steelers are out.

              Since when does not being top tier at the same time = bad rivalry. The Ravens have been around for 12 years. How on Earth can you say that they qualify in a bigger rivalry than two of the oldest members of professional football? It's not like when one is good, the other is the worst team in the league. Just because both teams don't make the playoffs doesn't mean they suck.

              Oh, and they haven't played eachother in the playoffs since 1941? Good info, considering in the Super Bowl era, more than one team per division could make the playoffs only since 1990, when the wild card was introduced. So yea, in 19 years they haven't faced eachother in the playoffs, but I didn't realize facing eachother in the playoffs means you can't have a rivalry.

              Comment


              • #67
                I am not saying Packers/Bears isn't a big rivalry I am just saying right NOW Ravens/Pittsburgh is bigger.
                Originally posted by SunTzu_22
                Just let it go RWO.
                We as Ravens fans are clearly scum of the earth, and should just be happy that these great people, who cheer for nothing than the finest, morally impeccable players, playing on the finest, most morally impeccable teams, will grace us with their presence, and words of wisdom.

                John Wall
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw

                Comment


                • #68
                  Originally posted by RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES View Post
                  I am not saying Packers/Bears isn't a big rivalry I am just saying right NOW Ravens/Pittsburgh is bigger.
                  Well I took you saying, "Bears/Packers are out of the conversation" as meaning overall, not just now.

                  As to the originating question, Bears/Packers is head and shoulders a bigger rivalry than Ravens/Steelers and it isn't even close. Right now, that isn't true, but as for an overall rivalry, Bears/Packers is like 100 tiers above Ravens/Steelers.

                  Comment


                  • #69
                    There's a reason Colts-Pats always gets the primetime matchup during sweeps for the NFL.


                    The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

                    If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

                    <Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
                    <Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge

                    Comment


                    • #70
                      Originally posted by iowatreat54 View Post
                      Well I took you saying, "Bears/Packers are out of the conversation" as meaning overall, not just now.

                      As to the originating question, Bears/Packers is head and shoulders a bigger rivalry than Ravens/Steelers and it isn't even close. Right now, that isn't true, but as for an overall rivalry, Bears/Packers is like 100 tiers above Ravens/Steelers.
                      I agree completely. That is why I went out of my way to say they are a bigger rival right NOW. I know we(Ravens) are still a young team so there are plenty of rivals that would be considered bigger. I just think if the Bears/Packers were to play tommorow and the Ravens/Steelers played at the same time more people would watch the Ravens/Steelers.
                      Originally posted by SunTzu_22
                      Just let it go RWO.
                      We as Ravens fans are clearly scum of the earth, and should just be happy that these great people, who cheer for nothing than the finest, morally impeccable players, playing on the finest, most morally impeccable teams, will grace us with their presence, and words of wisdom.

                      John Wall
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw

                      Comment


                      • #71
                        Originally posted by TitleTown088 View Post
                        Truth.

                        Most people will answer with a homer one, and it would appear so, but history is on your side with this one.


                        I find it difficult to put the Ravens in a biggest rivalry considering they've only been around since, what? 1996?
                        Sure they changed names, but the team and the hate has been there back since their Cleveland days. To most people, the Steelers/Browns rivalry turned into Steelers/Ravens the day they moved.

                        Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig

                        Comment


                        • #72
                          Originally posted by Dam8610 View Post
                          There's a reason Colts-Pats always gets the primetime matchup during sweeps for the NFL.
                          Yea, they draw tv ratings and have marketable players.

                          Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig

                          Comment


                          • #73
                            Originally posted by RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES View Post
                            I agree completely. That is why I went out of my way to say they are a bigger rival right NOW. I know we(Ravens) are still a young team so there are plenty of rivals that would be considered bigger. I just think if the Bears/Packers were to play tommorow and the Ravens/Steelers played at the same time more people would watch the Ravens/Steelers.
                            I absolutely agree. I wasn't really quoting posts, but my comments were more toward Tackle who was downplaying the Bears/Packers rivalry as often meaningless games, and then your response of it being out of the conversation which I mistook as meaning overall, since Tackle was talking about overall rivalry.

                            As of late, Ravens/Steelers has been more relevant, but hopefully that changes. :)

                            Comment


                            • #74
                              Originally posted by RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES View Post
                              I just think if the Bears/Packers were to play tommorow and the Ravens/Steelers played at the same time more people would watch the Ravens/Steelers.
                              Even after the Cutler signing? Rodgers vs Cutler could be very good in the future. There's already debate on who's the better QB.

                              Plus, if there were a Bears/Packers, Steelers/Ravens, and Colts/Patriots game playing simultaneously, I'd say that the Colts/Patriots game gets higher ratings and more buzz leading up to it. All are great rivalries though, and intensity is subjective.
                              Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

                              [@TDWinstead]
                              Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
                              Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

                              Comment


                              • #75
                                Originally posted by TitanHope View Post
                                Even after the Cutler signing? Rodgers vs Cutler could be very good in the future. There's already debate on who's the better QB.

                                Plus, if there were a Bears/Packers, Steelers/Ravens, and Colts/Patriots game playing simultaneously, I'd say that the Colts/Patriots game gets higher ratings and more buzz leading up to it. All are great rivalries though, and intensity is subjective.
                                Yea I agree. Colts/Pats would get more views but not because of the intensity of the rivalry but because of the explosive offense you would see from both teams. People like high scoring more than good defense for some reason.
                                Originally posted by SunTzu_22
                                Just let it go RWO.
                                We as Ravens fans are clearly scum of the earth, and should just be happy that these great people, who cheer for nothing than the finest, morally impeccable players, playing on the finest, most morally impeccable teams, will grace us with their presence, and words of wisdom.

                                John Wall
                                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information