Preseason performers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
    The Redskins will regret for a LONNNGG time not selecting Ringer over a special team LB from Nebraska.

For the Skins, QB Chase Daniel is on the verge of bumping Colt Brennan to the practice squad. Daniel is a smart, accurate, mobile(!!) QB who is battling hard to be the 3rd QB on the final roster. SO far he's thrown 2 TDs in pre.

Nevada rookie WR Marko Mitchell looks better already than studs Devin Thomas,( a physical clone of Andre Johnson) and former OU WR Malcolm Kelly.
    Mitchell has scored two TDs and says he patterned his game after T.O.
    He's 6'4, runs a 4.4, and so far looks like the WR steal of the draft.

DE/OLB Orakpo looks like the Skins designated pass rusher this year. In TC, he's frequently blown by pro bowler Chris Samuels, who lost roughly 25 pounds in the offseason to improve his quickness. Rak has a lineman's strength, ( in the pre game against the Steelers, he lifted one of their OTs off the ground!!) and the speed of an elite OLB.

Outside of Green Bay's BJ Raji, many think he's one of the leading candidates for DROTY.
    Since when has Devin Thomas and Malcom Kelly been studs? At least since they left college! :D

Comment

Originally posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
      Maualuga led the team in tackles last game and Michael Johnson has been impressive rushing the passer.
      How good has he been doing in general, I liked him a lot during the draft process and I am really interested in how he's doing. I was in shock when he fell to third round, I would have loved the Giants to pick him up and groom him under Tuck and Osi.

Has he been playing harder, you know, not disappearing? That was my only concern about him, his lack of stats was a huge myth... since when is 27 tackles, 9 sacks and 1 INT unproductive for a DE, with barely any help on that Georgia Tech D?

Bone Krusher, the best

Comment

Saints offense looks great. Glad to see Shockey is coming back stronger and more confident.
        Originally posted by SNIPER26
        fwiw, i amz deunks ofs myt ass. ilo vez drinmoinz befotre i post. wha t a hreat ideas.z.

Comment

Originally posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
          Saints offense looks great. Glad to see Shockey is coming back stronger and more confident.
          I have always loved Shockey, now that he's had a another year under the system if he manages to stay healthy, I expect him to be one of the most productive TEs in the NFL especially with Drew Brees throwing the rock.

Bone Krusher, the best

Comment

Originally posted by cvv84 View Post
            Raji will be a starter from day 1. But the Packers like to rotate their lineman to keep them fresh plus Raji will shift in to DT when we're in nickel packages. OROY and DROY are all about stats and Raji isn't going to complile many sacks.
            He's behind Jolly and Jenkins at DE and Pickett at NT.
            He'll see time at DE and NT in nickel for sure, but he's not "starting".

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
            they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
            Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

Wow, nice catch by Vincent Jackson.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
              they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
              Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

For the Bengals...

Rookies

Rey Maualuga - It's only been two games, but he's running around and hitting people just like he did at USC. He's a hammer.

Tom Nelson - He's an UDFA from Illinois State. He's gone from a long shot to make the squad to what appears to be a lock to make the squad. He's made plays at CB, S, and as a Punt Returner. He's got a forced fumble, a sack, and a 40 some yard punt return.

Bernard Scott - He's shown a knack for making something out of nothing. I'd like to know what his 40-time was, because this dude is fast.

Notable Vets

Chris Henry - Fantasy football players take note: Chris Henry is going to have a monster year. Through three preseason games, he's got 3 TD's and over 200 yards receiving...and that's without Carson Palmer.

Chad Ochocino - Playing like the Chad of old. He's having fun out there. He's catching the ball and making plays.

Pat Sims - He's just been a monster; straight-up unblockable at times.

Dede Dorsey/Brian Leonard - These two are fighting for the 3rd RB job, and it's a tight race. They've both looked really good.

Comment

Working...
                X

Debug Information