No announcement yet.

OchoCinco: Andre Smith signed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smith is officially in the fold for a deal up to $42 million. He'll begin practice.. well, about 10 minutes ago. About damn time. Still, I admit, I'm ecstatic to have Andre and I have no bad blood against him for his lengthy holdout. I'm excited to see what the guy can do in pads against the world's best. I hope he's ready to play and compete for that starting job he was penciled in at before minicamp.

big props to BoneKrusher for the sig & avatar
    - For daily NFL draft coverage:
    www.twitter.com/ryanlownes

Comment

Originally posted by ThePudge View Post
      Smith is officially in the fold for a deal up to $42 million. He'll begin practice.. well, about 10 minutes ago. About damn time. Still, I admit, I'm ecstatic to have Andre and I have no bad blood against him for his lengthy holdout. I'm excited to see what the guy can do in pads against the world's best. I hope he's ready to play and compete for that starting job he was penciled in at before minicamp.
      Does he fit in his pads or does he look out of shape from his lengthy holdout?

Comment

Originally posted by cvv84 View Post
        Does he fit in his pads or does he look out of shape from his lengthy holdout?
        haha We'll see. He's supposedly been working out and staying in football shape, but there's no way (to me) that he's there. He has to not only stay in football shape, but also adjust to NFL speed and pace, which has been proven to be tough to simulate or imitate. I wouldn't expect that he ballooned at all, he could probably go back and play in a game for Alabama, but he's probably got a ways to go to get into NFL shape. We'll see though, where he is mentally is, to me, just as important.

Comment

http://twitpic.com/fupw4

There's him and OchoCinco.

Comment

The comment section makes me weep for the English language.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Tell dat ***** dont ever run da 40 wit no shirt on ever again in life...
              best. comment. ever.

but yea, Smith looks huge. not huge muscle wise. just fat

Comment

He's a big boy. Looking forward to seeing him in stripes out there on the field.

Comment

Originally posted by StevePerry
                  Steve was agreeing with you.

Andre Smith looks a bit out of shape in that picture. That Bengals OL does not look pretty at the moment..
                  No one has ever, to my knowledge raved about his shape. He's a thick guy and doesn't carry that weight all too well. He also has a very chubby face. Didn't stop him from being the best offensive lineman in college football a year ago. No one ever commented positively on his solidity or muscle mass, but man the kid can play. We'll see how he does.

Not sure how Andre Smith finally signing and getting into practice warrants a negative comment about the offensive line, as they likely just got much better with this addition.

Comment

That's a big boy, definitely cleaning off his plate

Originally posted by bearsfan_51
                    Show me your Wang, if you will.

Comment

steve shut the ****

(yes this is trolling i know)

Comment

Originally posted by KCJ58 View Post
                        steve shut the ****

(yes this is trolling i know)

Shut the ****?

I'm enjoying Steve. Don't shut the **** Steve.

Comment

Originally posted by StevePerry
                          Steve is fully aware of Andre Smith and his abilities. Steve loves him as a player. A prodigy in every sense of the word. But, it would be really nice if he discovered free weights.

Andre Smith definitely improves the OL, but he hasn't been working with the others and there is not a lot of talent around him. Not a great situation.

Steve expects great things from Smith, but expects him to struggle early on due to missing a ton of camp.
                          He's gonna have Bobbie Williams right next to him who is definitely a talented player. Those two run blocking together is going to be a thing of beauty. The only spot on the line thats really a question mark is at Center with Kyle Cook. I think they're gonna be fine though with some time together. I would like to see Anthony Collins moved to LT and Andrew Whitworth moved back to LG but Whit has looked pretty good out there.

^A Bonekrusher production^
                          Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Comment

My problem with a rookie slotting system would be the length of contracts. If the rookies are forced to take less money than they are now, you have an issue with contract lengths. Given how much shorter a NFL players career is than say, the NBA or MLB... Their peak happens much quicker and it would be hard to agree to sign for a long period when your big contract comes after your rookie contract.

No team is going to agree to sign a 1st overall pick for just 4 years I wouldn't think. At the same time, it would suck for a rookie to get locked into a long term deal for a significant amount less than their market value.

It would be hard to find that happy median. Not to mention I wouldn't be so sure that the money would go to vets. It's been proven time and time again that you draft super bowl winners, not sign them in FA.

Sure, the veterans could agree that all first rounders sign to 6 or 7 year deals but I would think they would realize that isn't a fair way to go about things.

I think it's a fairly complex issue that would take a lot of work and concessions to get done. I guess really the best route would be to just go off current contracts but cap guaranteed money at an X% increase so they stop getting so ridiculous. Make it 3% increase a year or 6% increase instead of 13% to 20%

Comment

Originally posted by ToldLikeItIs View Post
                              "look At Me Im Chad Johnson!"
                              Child please.

Comment

You would think for once he could come to his team's camp in shape...

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information