OchoCinco: Andre Smith signed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OchoCinco: Andre Smith signed

Bengals receiver Chad Ochocinco, calling himself "the new source," claims on his Twitter page that tackle Andre Smith, the sixth overall pick in the 2009 draft, finally has signed a contract.

Here's the full text of Chad's tweet. "Attention: 1st rd. Pick Andre Smith has signed, the new source = Ocho Cinco, not ESPN, thank you, stay tuned for more info."

Trey Wingo of ESPN responded to Ochocinco's scoop by saying "way to be a jerk about it." (Said Chad in response, "I didn't complain when you were ripping me on TV, I didn't call you a jerk, I took and just child pleased the situation.")

Meanwhile, Smith's agent, Alvin Keels, has since posted a new tweet unrelated to Smith's status.

So, like Chad said, stay tuned.

UPDATE: A league source says that, at a minimum, a deal for Smith is close, and that "it won't be a good one" for the player. The sense is that, if/when a deal gets done, the player will be caving to the team, since the player needs the cash.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...th-has-signed/

Chad is the man.

Comment

I love Ocho
      When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

Comment

How can you not love that guy.

Edit: speaking of him, I thought his comments about being fined over a chin strap were quite funny, sorry if already posted elsewhere.
        Last edited by Job; 08-29-2009, 10:50 PM.

Comment

Trey Wingo?

child please

by BoneKrusher
          <DG> how metal unseen
          <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

Ocho Cinco has a job lined up as the new Schefter with NFLN when he retires.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
            Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
            Originally posted by njx9
            do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

As much as I don't like the costs of Top 10 picks, for whatever reason I feel kind of bad for the kid for being lowballed under his draft pick slotting. It falls on his head?

Also, going against the slotting system favorably for the owners just opens up going against the slotting system favorably for the player (like Crabtree is trying to do), I feel. It could be a slippery slope, a genie out of a bottle.

We'll see.

But what's up with Trey Wingo being a jerkwad? Go suck on a lemon, ESPN douche.
              Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

Esteban Ochocinco is the man. Seriously. How can anyone not like him?

Comment

Yeah, he is the shiz. Seriously tho, if Smith took less than DHB it ****** up. NFL needs a slotting system so freaking bad. NBA has it down.
                  When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

Comment

I love Esteban the world's greatest soccer player ever.

#4 Duke Blue Devils (4-1)
                    2010 & 2015 National Champions!!!
                    2015 2K Classic Champions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cESr9VWpZc0
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs

Comment

Originally posted by JRTPlaya21 View Post
                      I love Esteban the world's greatest soccer player ever.
                      And the world's greatest guitar player ever.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                      WHO DAT!

Comment

Honestly, if Smith does take less or even equal to DHB I feel sorry for them as dumb as that sounds. A slotting system would help things out so much but it wouldn't be easy to put in place.

We need Smith, our Oline was pretty rough against the Rams.

While Mike Brown absolutely bombs in running a franchise in many ways, he does have some things figured out. I mean, he was one of two to reject the last players union agreement then all the other joined in. Now this. Granted, not having Smith in camp has hurt no doubt but these are long term deals.

Sucks for Alvin Keels too, good luck for him recruiting players that are being drafted next year.

Comment

Originally posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
                          it wouldn't be easy to put in place.
                          I think it would. Incoming rookies don't get a voice with the NFLPA, and I would be shocked if veterans didn't approve. The rookies are getting more money than dudes who are all-pro.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Brent View Post
                            I think it would. Incoming rookies don't get a voice with the NFLPA, and I would be shocked if veterans didn't approve. The rookies are getting more money than dudes who are all-pro.
                            I dont think the vets will agree, as long as the rookies get overpaid so will the vets.

Comment

Originally posted by Brent View Post

Exactly, I think that it wouldn't be to difficult to implement. Something needs to happen.

Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
                              Originally posted by BaLLiN72
                              i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
                              Originally posted by Job
                              NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information