No announcement yet.

d anderson Vs Quinn

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You start the best player full stop, but providing that isn't as clear as day in Anderson's favor, I think Quinn deserves a chance with full support behind him.

BTW, did anyone catch that crazy penalty Anderson got in the Titans game that just passed? I was watching on an incredibly low resolution Internet stream, but from what I gathered Anderson started running after an overthrown deep ball by Kerry Collins to catch it on the sideline, and managed to run onto the sideline area and knock over a ref in the process, giving the Browns a 15 yarder. Was perhaps the strangest penalty I've ever seen.

Comment

Originally posted by the decider13 View Post
      Rex Grossman?

I think it is Quinn's job to lose, I still can't believe they signed anderson to a deal after drafting Quinn, nobody is going to want to take him now.
      If a player is willing to work out a new deal first, the existing contract is not a big deal for the receiving team in a trade since it's stripped of guaranteed money basically making it a clean slate. And a player would typically be happy to cooperate because a new deal = new signing bonus.

Comment

I'd bet the Browns long term go with Quinn, but IMO Anderson will get a chance to start somewhere else in the league.

The Brett Favre experiment is doomed to fail in Minnesota, and in a year or two I think Anderson would be an excellent fit there.

Physically, Anderson is IT, but his problem is with consistency and decision-making.

I don't know what his contract status is, but I wonder what Cleveland could score in a trade for him.

Comment

Originally posted by WinslowBodden View Post
          And he isn't that bad... I'm tired of people constantly knocking him making him out to be one of the worst QBs in the league. Last year our entire team was pathetic, offensive line, running game, receivers, defense, special teams was even the worst I remember it in a while.

Derek had maybe one or two games that were horrendous (Redskins and Bengals)

The game he got pulled after was the Ravens and he played exceptionally well with one interception where the RB turned the wrong way so it looked like a direct pass to T Suggs. I think DA can still be a starter in this league with or without Cleveland, you put the guy behind a good offensive line and he will pick apart defenses, but he will also make questionable decisions at times... That's part of his game.
          Part of me feels he'll end up a Panther. Maybe it's the scherer connection, but Fox likes vet QBs and he's a perfect fit for our system.

Comment

Originally posted by BlindSite View Post
            Part of me feels he'll end up a Panther. Maybe it's the scherer connection, but Fox likes vet QBs and he's a perfect fit for our system.
            Please, please, please trade for him

You guys need a DTackle... we could package Derek Anderson and Corey Williams for a pick or picks
            Last edited by wonderbredd24; 08-31-2009, 05:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by wonderbredd24 View Post
              Please, please, please trade for him

You guys need a DTackle... we could package Derek Anderson and Corey Williams for a pick or picks
              Ha ha, we don't have a first rounder next year. We don't have much in the way of depth either. Pep eating 18 million in cap space kicks the team in the nuts.

Comment

Originally posted by BlindSite View Post
                Ha ha, we don't have a first rounder next year. We don't have much in the way of depth either. Pep eating 18 million in cap space kicks the team in the nuts.
                where would you need a first rounder for, its DA were talking about here, second and a fifth or something like that should easily cut it, prolly way less

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
                - No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
                - Corner or Wideout in the first
                - No reaching
                - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

Derek Anderson would have probably been a beast in Minnesota.

Comment

Working...
                  X

Debug Information