Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is the best rookie of the preseason...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    I'll stick to the trend and discuss just my team. I actually haven't seen as much of the preseason as I would've liked so far.. but none of the Lions rookies have really impressed me. Stafford has looked good, but he's a rookie and I'm not expecting much this year. The only other rookie that has caught my eye would be Aaron Brown. Looks like he could be a threat to take it the distance very often, especially if we can get him in some open space.

    Comment


    • #47
      The Lions have some young weapons for Stafford, no doubt.

      Isn't Derrick Williams on the roster too??

      If they go 6-10, I wouldn't shocked at all.

      Comment


      • #48
        Originally posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
        The Lions have some young weapons for Stafford, no doubt.

        Isn't Derrick Williams on the roster too??

        If they go 6-10, I wouldn't shocked at all.
        Yes, Derrick Williams was drafted by the Lions in the 3rd round; 18th pick to be exact. Welcome to the Scott Wright's Draft Countdown forum where things like that are common sense.

        Andre Brown looked incredibly shifty in that highlight. How has he looked on a down to down basis? Like WMD, I haven't caught as much preseason ball as I would have liked to.

        Comment


        • #49
          Originally posted by tjsunstein View Post
          Yes, Derrick Williams was drafted by the Lions in the 3rd round; 18th pick to be exact. Welcome to the Scott Wright's Draft Countdown forum where things like that are common sense.

          Andre Brown looked incredibly shifty in that highlight. How has he looked on a down to down basis? Like WMD, I haven't caught as much preseason ball as I would have liked to.
          LOL

          Brown looked like a fast player running against slow scrub players in wide open space in that highlight.

          The Dolphins went from 1-15 to 11-5 so 6-10 isn't surprising at all. It's not even like they were that terrible at 0-16, they had a few fourth Q leads and definitely have the talent to compete. It's not like they were blown out every single Sunday. Dare I say 8-8.
          "I'm Ko Simpson!"

          - Ko Simpson

          Comment


          • #50
            Originally posted by tjsunstein View Post
            Yes, Derrick Williams was drafted by the Lions in the 3rd round; 18th pick to be exact. Welcome to the Scott Wright's Draft Countdown forum where things like that are common sense.

            Andre Brown looked incredibly shifty in that highlight. How has he looked on a down to down basis? Like WMD, I haven't caught as much preseason ball as I would have liked to.
            Excuse me for not knowing every draft pick for all 32 teams in 2009.

            Comment


            • #51
              Originally posted by gpngc View Post
              LOL

              Brown looked like a fast player running against slow scrub players in wide open space in that highlight.

              The Dolphins went from 1-15 to 11-5 so 6-10 isn't surprising at all. It's not even like they were that terrible at 0-16, they had a few fourth Q leads and definitely have the talent to compete. It's not like they were blown out every single Sunday. Dare I say 8-8.
              You're getting way too ahead of yourself if you believe 8-8. Maybe in the 2010-2011 season if everything clicks but they still have a little dilemna at quarterback and a defense that needs to step up if they want any shot at more than 4 wins.

              Comment


              • #52
                Originally posted by Lions WMD View Post
                I'll stick to the trend and discuss just my team. I actually haven't seen as much of the preseason as I would've liked so far.. but none of the Lions rookies have really impressed me. Stafford has looked good, but he's a rookie and I'm not expecting much this year. The only other rookie that has caught my eye would be Aaron Brown. Looks like he could be a threat to take it the distance very often, especially if we can get him in some open space.


                what round was Brown drafted in?

                and btw, my fellow Bills fans have already ended this thread.
                The Sex is the best.


                Originally Posted by scottyboy
                my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
                But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons

                Comment


                • #53
                  Originally posted by Bills2083 View Post
                  what round was Brown drafted in?

                  and btw, my fellow Bills fans have already ended this thread.
                  The Sex is the best.
                  6th Round pick

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Originally posted by Lions WMD View Post
                    Aaron Brown
                    I loved him at TCU, I hope he kicks ass for Detroit. Totally underrated.

                    Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Originally posted by Lions WMD View Post
                      6th Round pick
                      The only reason he got those 2 TDs were because of #42. On the first play, he took one of the worst angles I have ever seen. So out of place. And the 2nd TD he gets juked out of his shoes.

                      Aaron Brown looks good though.

                      "He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        It seems like this is turning into a "what are notable rookies on your team doing" thread, so here's my report on Colts rookies:

                        Donald Brown - Drawn a lot of comparisons to Maurice Jones-Drew, he's breaking tackles well and runs with some power. He makes a cut and goes. He and Addai should be good compliments to each other. The OL hasn't given him as many chances to actually run as you would like.

                        Fili Moala - He's improving but he hasn't looked very good so far. Gets too tall and pushed out of the play, which was a criticism at USC I believe. He's playing like he thinks he's still bigger and stronger than everybody. He's playing like a rookie. It's to be expected.

                        Austin Collie - Will probably be the WR3, in the slot. He reminds a lot of people of Brandon Stokely in his hey day.

                        Terrance Taylor - Hasn't done anything to distinguish himself, but hasn't sucked either. Will probably make the team.

                        Curtis Painter - Has shown significant improvement in each preseason game. I would much prefer him to Sorgi as the QB2. Rolls out too much and still skips passes in front of the receiver sometimes, but has also thrown some bullets into small windows, sometimes on the run.

                        Pat McAfee - Looks like Scifres on occasion. Not all his punts are bombs but he can really get it up in the air. He is an upgrade and worth the price paid to get him.

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          Originally posted by BeansDooma View Post
                          I'll agree with etk that Sammie Stroughter has been a great pickup for the Bucs
                          Browns CB Coye Francies told me at SJSU that Stroughter was the best WR he had ever covered, or try to cover in his yr. at Oregon St.

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X

                          Debug Information