No announcement yet.

NFCN vs. AFCS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i think people forget that houston plays good defense.
    http://i38.tinypic.com/2aj2s7t.jpg
    For a good time call (303) 499-7111.whitspacsig by steel man

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"

Comment

Originally posted by awfullyquiet View Post
      i think people forget that houston plays good defense.
      True but they did lose alot of guys I liked.
      Stafford Sig by touchdownrams the rest of the sig by Sig Master Bone Krusher Avy by King of all avys renji

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Originally posted by njx9
      oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.

Comment

Hard to say. the AFC South was tough last year and everything seems to be the same this year.

The NFC North has 3 teams that were ok last year and made dramatic changes this year.

so, until they show differently, it's the AFCS

Comment

I'm an AFC South fan, and I'll say the NFCN will be tougher this year. The AFC South is in for a down year IMO.

Comment

I think if you compare positions, the divisions come out about the same. The AFCS has the best qb, but the NFCN has #2 & 3 (Cutler & Rodgers). The AFCS has 3 of the top 5 pass-rushing DEs in the league, while the NFCN has the Williams wall & Tommie Harris inside.

Here's a question which may be worth mentioning for the arguments. 3 times since the divisions reshuffled in '02 a team has had a 12-4 record, and had to settle for a wild-card team (meaning another team in the division had a 12-4 or better record). All 3 times its been in the AFCS.

And also, since the '02 reshuffle, I'd be willing to put money on the table that the NFCN has never had a better combined record then the AFCS. If you want to say, "Well with the Lions ..." then you can take them off, and count the top 3 teams in the AFCS I bet it'd still be correct.

Comment

Originally posted by falloutboy14 View Post
              I think if you compare positions, the divisions come out about the same. The AFCS has the best qb, but the NFCN has #2 & 3 (Cutler & Rodgers). The AFCS has 3 of the top 5 pass-rushing DEs in the league, while the NFCN has the Williams wall & Tommie Harris inside.

Here's a question which may be worth mentioning for the arguments. 3 times since the divisions reshuffled in '02 a team has had a 12-4 record, and had to settle for a wild-card team (meaning another team in the division had a 12-4 or better record). All 3 times its been in the AFCS.

And also, since the '02 reshuffle, I'd be willing to put money on the table that the NFCN has never had a better combined record then the AFCS. If you want to say, "Well with the Lions ..." then you can take them off, and count the top 3 teams in the AFCS I bet it'd still be correct.
              really? Of course its something that is subjective but it feels really far fetched tbh

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
              - No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
              - Corner or Wideout in the first
              - No reaching
              - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

Originally posted by wicket View Post
                really? Of course its something that is subjective but it feels really far fetched tbh
                Freeney, Mathis, and Super Mario.

Comment

I was imagining Peppers & Jared Allen as the other two. I suppose Umenyora(sp) or Tuck could be in the top 5 just as easily.

Since I think Mathis is the most in question. He's averaging 10-11 sacks a season, & the man is a fumble machine. 28 FF the last 5 years. Pretty sure that's a league high over that time.

Comment

Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
                    A Healthy KVB is nothing to sneeze at either.
                    Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
                    RIP themaninblack

Comment

NFCN. The pack is back, bears finally have a franchise qb and will be solid on defense again, Lions will eventually get better...and then the vikes have the best running back in the league along with a fantastic defense..Dungy is gone is Indy which IMO will hurt the colts, jacksonville i honestly have no idea how they will play and i think the titans will take a step or 2 back but houston will take a step forward
                      Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds
                      Coples is that dude.
                      Go Amare. I Love Tayshaun Prince...

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards

Comment

Originally posted by falloutboy14 View Post

yup. i went back and looked. it was never close

i just added up total number of wins of the 4 teams in each division for each year. didn't go through the work of taking the lions out of the equation because really..it wasn't even close.

2008-yup. having some wins from the lions would've helped.
                        North-25
                        South-38

2007-wow. AFCS was beastly this year.
                        North-35
                        South-42

North-30
                        South-34

North-29
                        South-32

North-29
                        South-33

North-31
                        South-34

North-25---really. the packers had half the wins.
                        South-31

Comment

Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
                          Freeney and Mario are givens but I wouldn't put Mathis there.

I would say in no order;

Freeney, Mario, Allen, Peppers, Abraham, Osi, Tuck all above Mathis.

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig

Comment

Originally posted by drowe View Post
                            yup. i went back and looked. it was never close

i just added up total number of wins of the 4 teams in each division for each year. didn't go through the work of taking the lions out of the equation because really..it wasn't even close.
                            It wouldn't be fair to discount the Lions. The Texans were a friggin' expansion team.
                            Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                            Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
                            Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

Originally posted by TitanHope View Post
                              It wouldn't be fair to discount the Lions. The Texans were a friggin' expansion team.
                              Yeah but we had Matt Millen as our GM which is 10X worse than being an expansion team.
                              Stafford Sig by touchdownrams the rest of the sig by Sig Master Bone Krusher Avy by King of all avys renji

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Originally posted by njx9
                              oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.

Comment

why is this a discussion? the NFCE is 10x worse than both..

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information