• Show
Clear All

• NFCN vs. AFCS

which is tougher to play in this year.

discuss.
    http://i38.tinypic.com/2aj2s7t.jpg
    For a good time call (303) 499-7111.whitspacsig by steel man

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"

Tough one. I'll go with AFC South because the talent on the teams is more balanced. In the NFC North the Lions create a HUGE drop off from 3rd place to 4th place.

Comment

AFC south is tougher by a fair margin imo

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
      - No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
      - Corner or Wideout in the first
      - No reaching
      - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

i think AFCS is the hardest division in football right now 3 teams can win it, jacksonville will be no pushover though

Comment

Originally posted by stephenson86 View Post
          i think AFCS is the hardest division in football right now 3 teams can win it, jacksonville will be no pushover though
          These guys would like a word with you..

Comment

Originally posted by YAYareaRB View Post

i dno, i think the AFCS has gotten stronger whereas i personally think the NFCE has gotten weaker

Comment

One of these is not like the others! One of these just doesn't belong!

I'm going to go against the group here and say the NFCN. The Packers are looking strong, the Bears have some new weapons and the Vikings are still going to be able to pound the ball. Yeah, the Lions were bad last year, but they've made some nice moves in the right direction and I honestly think they'll be better than people expect this year.
              Last edited by vidae; 09-03-2009, 10:19 AM.

Originally posted by fenikz
              His soft D really turns me off
              ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

Originally posted by vidae-KC View Post
                One of these is not like the others! One of these just doesn't belong!

I'm going to go against the group here and say the NFCN. The Packers are looking strong, the Bears have some new weapons and the Vikings are still going to be able to pound the ball. Yeah, the Lions were bad last year, but they've made some nice moves in the right direction and I honestly think they'll be better than people expect this year.
                They could have God playing QB but the fact of the matter is Rod Marinelli is still there.

Comment

They could have God playing QB but the fact of the matter is Rod Marinelli is still there.
                  I didn't think anyone questioned Marinelli as an assistant/defensive coach. He's the dline coach of Chicago, isn't he? I think that unit will actually be better with him there but I could be wrong.

Originally posted by fenikz
                  His soft D really turns me off
                  ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

Originally posted by stephenson86 View Post
                    i dno, i think the AFCS has gotten stronger whereas i personally think the NFCE has gotten weaker
                    that's my opinion...

i can see all four of those teams going 8-8.... whereas the NFCN and the AFCS both have 3 legitimate contenders...

seriously. want to argue you little punks? i'll tear you to shreds.

The difference between jax and detroit is the fact that the jags are a marginally better team... in a stronger conference... i still wouldn't be surprised if they go 0-6 vs the afcs... detroit on the other hand, if chicago has a lock on a playoff spot... might let detroit have week 17... they're both, at best, 6-10 teams who'll probably get owned in their own division. if you're looking at legitimate top 3 contenders, houston, indy, tenn, vs minn, gb, and chi... i think it's a fair fight...

Comment

IMO the NFCS is better than the NFCE at the moment

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
                      - No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
                      - Corner or Wideout in the first
                      - No reaching
                      - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

Originally posted by vidae-KC View Post
                        I didn't think anyone questioned Marinelli as an assistant/defensive coach. He's the dline coach of Chicago, isn't he? I think that unit will actually be better with him there but I could be wrong.
                        correct, and correct.

he coached one of the best defensive lines of the decade in tampa... and he coached a team with the second worst GM in the league over the same period of time... i'd take his former experience over his latter one as a good benchmark for his performance...

that said, matt millen might be awful as a gm. he is a great guy. as much as i want to hate him for screwing over the lions... he's a great commentator, knows his stuff...

Comment

I want to say NFCN but I think that the AFCS has the advantage this year. Then again, I don't think as highly of the Bears and Vikings as I probably should but that comes with the territory. The AFCS has some pretty scary offenses in Indianapolis, Houston, and Tennessee and all for different reasons but they're defense is suspect where as only the Packers of the NFCN, imo, are as balanced as they should be. I still have my doubts about the Vikings offense, the Bears secondary, and the Lions as a team, though, which leaves me with more doubts about the NFCN than the AFCS.

Comment

I actually have to go for the NFCN. As an overall division I think its stronger. I personally feel that 3 teams in the north could win the AFCS. Obviously Manning gets the AFCS a big vote but really after that the NFCN outranks pretty much everything. There is 2 second level quarterbacks, the best runningback, a very promising all purpose back in Forte, Megatron, Farve, a promising looking defense in Green Bay, an above average defense in Chicago, the best run defense consistently in the league and the Lions can only get better. As for the AFCS, you have Manning and the Colts passing attack, Andre Johnson and Mario Williams and DeMeco Ryans and Steve Slaton for the Texans, the defensive backs for the Titans along with Bulluck and Van Dan Bosch, and MJD. Really im not expecting big things from the AFCS this year whereas the NFCN should be a great 3 horse race with the Lions also improving

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig

Comment

Also forgot to mention Freeney and Mathis and the Titans run game but my point still stands

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information