No announcement yet.

Jagodzinski booted from TB

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Bucs reportedly grew concerned that Jagodzinski knew how to install a zone blocking running scheme on the team, but not much else.
    Stroud writes that the decision to let Jagodzinski go had nothing to do with the quarterback situation; the former Boston College head coach was in Byron Leftwich's corner. Jagodzinki reportedly got along with everyone; he just wasn't ready.
    Most of Jags experience has been with blocking and when he was the Packers offensive coordinator he didn't call the plays nor did he call them at BC so the issue does make some sense.

Comment

edit: after reading cvv84 comment i had to rewrite this. I wouldn't mind him back in GB as the o-line coach, but it's too late.
      Last edited by PACKmanN; 09-03-2009, 02:06 PM.

Comment

He will be the OC for some MAC school.
        Originally posted by njx9
        i mean, why wouldn't the broncos take cam newton? they can play him at quarterback WITH tebow!

Comment

KC better keep an eye out for Jags.

Comment

If you make a hire in this league, they should be allowed "atleast" one season to see what they can do. I don't know how you could possibly see a member of your staffs potential or really anything if he doesn't get a shot to work it out. This close to week one I don't see any positives coming from this decision, just a big steaming pile of negatives and now you have less of a shot of entering contention then you did before.

Comment

Originally posted by trkaline View Post
              If you make a hire in this league, they should be allowed "atleast" one season to see what they can do. I don't know how you could possibly see a member of your staffs potential or really anything if he doesn't get a shot to work it out. This close to week one I don't see any positives coming from this decision, just a big steaming pile of negatives and now you have less of a shot of entering contention then you did before.
              Well I don't know about that. If a problem player would be a distraction, a problem coach would be a hundred times worse of a distraction. When millions of dollars are on the line, you don't want to mess around with that. Of course, no one here is exactly sure whats going on.

Comment

what the ****.

bonekrusher on the sig magic
                <beans> libid dont worry man i think fondling big black men is a perfectly worthy career goal
                <JBond> laughing so hard I am crying

Comment

rough couple of months for this guy

Comment

Odd move, but if Tampa thought that Olsen would do a better job than it was the right one. I was unaware that he did not call the plays in Green Bay. That makes me think he was way too overhyped this past offseason.

Comment

Let me get this straight- a secondary coach turn head coach didn't think a head coach was ready to be an OC?
                      -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

And with the first pick in the 2010 NFL Draft, the Tampa Bay Buccanears select......

Comment

Originally posted by TACKLE View Post
                          And with the first pick in the 2010 NFL Draft, the Tampa Bay Buccanears select......
                          That would ****, they would have to take Bryant, Benn, or Suh.

Comment

Originally posted by PACKmanN View Post
                            That would ****, they would have to take Bryant, Benn, or Suh.
                            Gerald McCoy would be perfect.

Comment

Originally posted by TACKLE View Post
                              Gerald McCoy would be perfect.
                              They're switching to the 4-3 with Bates, but keeping some of the Tampa 2 plays. They need a NT, McCoy would fail like how Dorsey failed last year.

Comment

u mean 34? or am I missin the Dorsey comparison (sp?)
                                -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information