Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wogitalia View Post
    I like the trade for both teams.

Pats get what could potentially be a very high draft pick for a guy that from all sources I hear they couldn't afford to keep.

Raiders get a franchise defensive lineman, key being to sign him for 3-4 years. Seymour should bring a positive influence to the defense which has a lot of talent now.

Raiders as a team, I'm not sure on. I didn't like Russell in the draft but he has probably been better than I expected so far and hasn't really shown anything to suggest bust yet, he is not intelligent, not athletic and has a huge arm, it was always going to take him a long time to learn a system(which keeps changing) and learn to play NFL football. Big arm goes both ways, it saves some bad throws but also creates and over-confidence.

I have no worry with them going for boom/bust guys, but you can't do it with every pick, sometimes the safe pick is the right pick. OL is still a worry until it proves otherwise. Their development of their young guys also seems to be horrible. They have drafted a few guys that were close to can't miss, that have missed, over the last few years. That secondary should be set by now, but isnt.
    How do you know he istn intelligent? Well he went to LSU, did very well for them in college, and has been alright so far Alex Smith went to Utah and is very smart, how is he doing?

Not athletic? Because he weighs 260? Should see some of his runs, no he isnt Vick or McNabb, but he can run around if needed. Ask cowboys fans this preseason, he made a 17 yard run where he made a guy or 2 miss.

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
    @SirStackAlot707

Comment

• Originally posted by Shiver View Post
      I've been impressed with Russell so far. I wish Schilens didn't get hurt so we could get a complete perspective early in the season, but Jamarcus seems to be going in the right direction.
      Same here. He looked great against Dallas, and was looking better last year in the last few games. All reports from training camp was he out performed every WR(yes thats not that hard with the WR's we got). Should be back week 2 or 3. 6'4 220 4.38 speed with a good pair of hands, good work effort, and seems like a cool guy from interviews Ive watched.

@SirStackAlot707

Comment

• Honestly despite any disinclination i might have towards the Raiders, I do want to see Jamarcus succeed. If a guy like that actually reaches his potential, that would be a thing of beauty.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
          I might be alone in this, but I stand by my statement that the Pats D will be better this year than it has been in the past 2 years.
          Honestly, that's the most bizarre conclusion you could possibly draw from this. How could a defense that has lost so much in terms of both talent and leadership over this offseason improve?

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
          I like their secondary, and I like their dline. Their only missing link is pass rushers at OLB, but I think Bellichick will make it work. He was always a coverage guy anyway, never really big on pressure.
          Their secondary is full of past their prime vets and young projects, and their DL is now minus one of its previously two best players, then they have only one proven linebacker in Mayo and little behind him. If Belichick makes this one work, he truly is a mastermind, because there's a difference between getting the best out of proven players who were considered over the hill by their previous team and developing rookies on the fly.

And whenever he wants to bring pressure, he'll blitz DBs. Thats his MO.
          Will he? Please? That sounds great for any team with a good QB.

He loves using 3 safeties and blitzing one along with whatever rushers are coming at the qb.

They'll be fine.
          So they'll be fine because Belichick likes to use a heavy nickel package? I know scheme can make a difference, but ultimately it comes down to the ability of the players to execute that scheme, which takes talent and experience, both of which the Patriots defense has lost in copious amounts this offseason.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
          <Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge

Comment

• How do you know he istn intelligent? Well he went to LSU, did very well for them in college, and has been alright so far Alex Smith went to Utah and is very smart, how is he doing?
            Just the impression I have got from every time I have ever seen him talk, just does not seem intelligent. It really only affects how quickly you pick up a system for me and he hasn't been able to because it has changed every year. Believe it or not, my post was more a defense of JR than anything else.

Not athletic? Because he weighs 260? Should see some of his runs, no he isnt Vick or McNabb, but he can run around if needed. Ask cowboys fans this preseason, he made a 17 yard run where he made a guy or 2 miss.
            Not athletic because he is not athletic. Don't get me wrong, he isn't Drew Bledsloe by any means but he is not athletic. Brady and Manning have had 17 yard runs(or at least close). It doesn't make them athletic by any means. He moves well enough but he does not have the "crutch" of being athletic like Vick or Young could use when they struggled a bit with reads. Basically if Jamarcus struggles he is either going to have to force a pass or take a sack for the majority of plays(or throw it away).

Not a knock, he is young, left as a junior and was always going to be at least a 3 year project(I personally thought he was a 5 year project at best coming out) We are in year 3 now, I expect he will probably start to show a bit because as I said before, he is ahead of where I expected him to be.

Raiders fans are just so touchy it is kind of sad. A comment isn't necessarily a negative one just because it is about one of your players...

Props to BK on the sig!

Comment

• When your team gets critizied by BSPN and ignorant posters every single day you will know how we feel lol. People saying," Patriots will have the #1 pick in 2years is well dumb. But alright I understand and agree with most everything you said in the post above

@SirStackAlot707

Comment

• When your team gets critizied by BSPN and ignorant posters every single day you will know how we feel lol. People saying," Patriots will have the #1 pick in 2years is well dumb. But alright I understand and agree with most everything you said in the post above
                You do cop it pretty hard. The Pats may get pick 1, I doubt it, but you never know, they may also get 32.

Regardless I like the trade for both sides still. Raiders need a shot in the arm, this is the type of move that makes the other guys stand up and think "we can win now", only way they lose massively is if they don't sign Seymour or they do and Seymour gets injured and Pats get a top 5 pick.

Props to BK on the sig!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dam8610 View Post
                  Honestly, that's the most bizarre conclusion you could possibly draw from this. How could a defense that has lost so much in terms of both talent and leadership over this offseason improve?

Their secondary is full of past their prime vets and young projects, and their DL is now minus one of its previously two best players, then they have only one proven linebacker in Mayo and little behind him. If Belichick makes this one work, he truly is a mastermind, because there's a difference between getting the best out of proven players who were considered over the hill by their previous team and developing rookies on the fly.

Will he? Please? That sounds great for any team with a good QB.

So they'll be fine because Belichick likes to use a heavy nickel package? I know scheme can make a difference, but ultimately it comes down to the ability of the players to execute that scheme, which takes talent and experience, both of which the Patriots defense has lost in copious amounts this offseason.
                  Well firstly, with the exception of Seymour the said players(Bruschi, Vrable, Harrison and Hobbs) have all been replaced by younger more productive players in Mayo, Burgess, Merriweather and Bodden/Butler/Wilhite. So really it is just their locker room presence which will be missed. Secondly, with the exception of Springs exactly which member of the secondary is past their prime? Thirdly, I could have sworn that Adalius Thomas was a proven linebacker. And finally it is a fact that all teams will lose players. The team that can replace those players the best will ultimately be successful. The Patriots replaced Harrison by drafting Merriweather in 2007. They prepared for losing Bruschi by drafting Mayo. They were prepared to lose Seymour because they had Jarvis Green and drafted Ron Brace. And scheme means a lot. Its why the Colts can put scrubs in at linebacker year in and year out but still be successful.

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig

Comment

• Somehow i Missed that this was a 2011 draft pick... not at 2010 draft pick...

That changes the entire complexion of this...
                    http://i38.tinypic.com/2aj2s7t.jpg
                    For a good time call (303) 499-7111.whitspacsig by steel man

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"

Comment

• Originally posted by the decider13 View Post
                      It appears to be the Dalai lama with a patriots hat photoshopped on his head.

And I agree, with SABF, any pats who thinks their team had a horrible offseason needs some perspective. Actually anyone who isn't a Broncos fan should realize that they had at least a mediocre offseason.
                      It is not photoshopped. Earlier in the pre-season (mini-camp IIRC) the Dalai Lama was visiting Gillete Stadium giving a speech and for a little while donned a red patriots hat.
                      Patriots, Red Sox, Celtics, Bruins, Texas Longhorns

Comment

• Well firstly, with the exception of Seymour the said players(Bruschi, Vrable, Harrison and Hobbs) have all been replaced by younger more productive players in Mayo, Burgess, Merriweather and Bodden/Butler/Wilhite.
                        Sadly, Hobbs is more productive than Bodden, Butler and Wilhite(who are those last two guys, oh yeahr people that haven't proved anything). Just becuase they are younger doesn't mean better. I would take Bruschi and Vrable together over Burgess, but just one its a toss up.

I just don't get some of the moves right now, but if somethign works out people will say they new it would work out all along because its the Patriots. How are Maroney, Kareem brown, Greg Lewis, Kevin Oconnel, Chad Jackson, Ben Watson, Gus Scott doing. I think the fact that some moves like finding Tom Brady, getting Welker and Moss and some decent drafts have overshadowed the ups and downs of offseasons that every team has had. They haven't been perfect but have had some success yes. But this offseason seems different. But will will find out at the end of the next 3-4 seasons how it works out. I am not saying good or bad or anything yet, but it seems different.
                        Originally posted by njx9
                        i mean, why wouldn't the broncos take cam newton? they can play him at quarterback WITH tebow!

Comment

• Originally posted by no bare feet View Post
                          Sadly, Hobbs is more productive than Bodden, Butler and Wilhite(who are those last two guys, oh yeahr people that haven't proved anything). Just becuase they are younger doesn't mean better. I would take Bruschi and Vrable together over Burgess, but just one its a toss up.

I just don't get some of the moves right now, but if somethign works out people will say they new it would work out all along because its the Patriots. How are Maroney, Kareem brown, Greg Lewis, Kevin Oconnel, Chad Jackson, Ben Watson, Gus Scott doing. I think the fact that some moves like finding Tom Brady, getting Welker and Moss and some decent drafts have overshadowed the ups and downs of offseasons that every team has had. They haven't been perfect but have had some success yes. But this offseason seems different. But will will find out at the end of the next 3-4 seasons how it works out. I am not saying good or bad or anything yet, but it seems different.
                          I'd say weve had more than SOME success since 2000, and no, no team is perfect. From what ive observed this preseason I liked the look of our defense, but that was with Seymour and Bruschi so idk what it will look like without those two, but I was impressed with the DBs for the most part, and how well we did playing in the 4-3.

Originally posted by WMD
                          Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
                          Originally posted by gpngc
                          I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by no bare feet View Post

Yea I shouldnt have put Butler in this conversation but Bodden in his Cleveland days was better, last year was a write off for me because he has shown his ability before. Wilhite played very well down the stretch last year and Hobbs gave up way too many ah plays last year. I get where your coming from though.

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig

Comment

• Originally posted by njx9
                              don't disagree here.

you quoted my response to a number of people who did just that. i could only conclude that you were defending that assumption/homerism.

*shrug*

my original response was primarily directed to the numerous people who essentially posted "lol, #1 overallz here we/the pats come". i don't know why you decided to be offended by my classification of those posts, but i stand by that classification.
                              I wasn't offended. I just think "moronic" is a poor classification for something that has a reasonable chance of happening.

Looking at the post in which I quoted you I think some of my irritation at the truly ignorant post I quoted there made its way into my repsonse to you.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

Comment

• Originally posted by RaiderNation View Post
                                Looks like the raiders have restructured RT Cornell Greena and RG Paul McQuisten contract to make more room for Seymour. So its still a wait and see right now. I hope he doesnt pull a Randy Moss and quit on us though a few games into the season. He shouldnt since we start off with 3 divisio games and we have a chance at going 2-1.
                                This will never, ever happen. Ever. I'll eat the Dalai Lama's hat if it does. lol

**As BigBurt mentioned - it is not a chop. The Dalai Lama visited with the Patriots back in May - link to article (and the stolen sig pic)
                                Originally posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
                                ex-*******-scuse me? A nightmare? The Patriots off-season. Child please.
                                Ok, so I'm a little spoiled. There's no need to curse me out. lol

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information