No announcement yet.

Patriots trade Richard Seymour to Raiders for 2011 First Round Pick

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ravens fans would be concerned with how many points they gave up. Its great that you scored a lot more points than usual, but its bad that you give up so many to a bad offense with a crappy QB starting.

Taking just the good or the bad from that game would be misleading.

Comment

• Seymour just did an interview for Petros and Money on Fox Sports Radio. He seems like a real legit guy. No hard feelings towards the Pats, but was pretty shell shocked when he realize his new team was 3000 miles away.

Said his 4 young kids and wife are more important to him than where he's playing and as long as they are with him he's happy. He also said that sitting out on his porch in sunny Cali beat the weather in New England by a longggg shot.

One more thing, he said he didn't even practice before playing in Monday's game and only saw a small bit of film. Today was his first Raider practice.

Comment

• I think the Patriots will be happy with the trade as well. Seymour is 30, facing a new contract extension and the Pats are selling high.

Comment

• The thing with the pats is Brady is not getting any younger, and I would have gone for broke. This year was a great opportunity for them to go all the way. They may still be able to do it, but it's gong to be much tougher with Jarvis green in the starting lineup cause he's sure as hell no Richard Seymour.

Comment

• Originally posted by locseti View Post
            The thing with the pats is Brady is not getting any younger, and I would have gone for broke. This year was a great opportunity for them to go all the way. They may still be able to do it, but it's gong to be much tougher with Jarvis green in the starting lineup cause he's sure as hell no Richard Seymour.
            Seymour will definitely leave a hole that can't be filled by one player. Jarvis is a solid starter and NE will use more 4 man fronts, allowing Wright/Brace/Green/Burgess to combine to fill that hole. With the LB core posing the biggest threat to NE's consistency on defense, I would say the loss of Seymour will be far less dramatic than anyone thinks. Plus the offense should make each game a shoot out and there are not many teams built to keep up. On passing downs Big Rich moved inside so we're looking at a need to fill his spot at DT more than DE (5-tech) on more plays than not.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

Comment

Working...
            X

Debug Information